NIMULID: instruction manual (suspension, tablets, gel)
NIMULID – modern anti-inflammatory drug, characterized by antioxidant, analgesic and antipyretic effect. It helps to prevent the destructive process in the cartilage tissue. Its active substance – Nimesulide (non-steroidal remedy to relieve inflammation belonging to the group of sulfonanilide).
The drug is able to selectively inhibit cyclooxygenase-2 and lower production of prostaglandins at the site of inflammation, without affecting its amount in healthy tissue. It should be noted that Nimesulide is almost no effect on cyclooxygenase-1 and production of cytoprotective prostaglandins in the stomach.
After the tool was used orally, it is rapidly absorbed from the digestive system, and most concentrated in blood and is valid after 1.5-3 hours after application. The drug crosses the blood-brain barrier and gematoplatzentarnyi. He is able to be broken down in the liver and excreted by the bowels and kidneys.
Nimesulide is excreted from the body virtually unchanged or as pharmacologically active metabolite. The half-life ranges from 2 to 5 hours.
Instruction manual States that when using this drug its pharmacokinetic features have not changed:
- patients with impaired renal function.
If you apply the drug topically, its absorption into the bloodstream is negligible.
Indications for use
To buy a tool in a variety of ways. It can be tablets, gel or suspension. Many reviews online say that it is an antipyretic medication works well regardless of the issue.
Doctor recommends lozenges and oral suspension for use in such situations:
- to relieve the pain syndrome in diseases of muscles, bones, joints (osteoporosis, tendinite, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, myalgia);
- for pain relief injuries, pathologies of the ears, throat, nose, gynecological problems after surgery;
- to reduce body temperature in fever on the background of endocrine diseases.
To use gel and ointment Nimesulide should be to eliminate the symptoms of myalgia, obtained as a result of injury or due to pain in the joints and periarticular structures. The drug in a small amount applied to the affected area of the body where the pain syndrome is expressed the most.
The gel should be applied thinly, but not rubbed into the skin. Instruction manual prohibits the use of medication more frequently than 4 times a day. The course of treatment prescribed by the doctor depending on the test results. Before use and after thoroughly wash hands, avoiding contact with mucous membranes and injured skin.
NIMULID suspension and tablet are appointed strictly individually. The drug is taken orally after meals. Typically, adult patients are administered a dosage of 100 mg 2 times a day at regular intervals of time. If necessary, the volume of medication may be increased to 400 mg.
Antipyretic NIMULID for children over the age of 12 (lozenges and suspension) with the expectation of taking 1.5 mg for every kilogram of weight. The maximum daily amount of funds will be 5 mg/kg of body weight of the child.
If weight exceeds 40 kg, the tablets and suspension are taken at 100 mg 2 times a day. Daily dose should not exceed 200 mg.
As shown by testimonials from patients, and antipyretic Nimesulide is generally well tolerated. Sometimes in the treatment of oral (tablets) can develop adverse reactions from the organs and systems of man. Instruction manual says that is possible:
- disorders of the Central nervous system (dizziness, irrational fear, insomnia, visions, nightmares, high anxiety, Reye’s syndrome);
- disorders of the digestive system (flatulence, nausea, disturbance of outflow of bile, vomiting, pain in epigastria, irregularity, jaundice, stomatitis, ulcer 12 duodenal ulcer and stomach, changes in liver transaminases);
- problems of the respiratory system (dyspnea, bronchospasm, sleep apnea, shortness of breath);
- allergic reactions (itchy skin, Lyell’s syndrome, interstitial nephritis, urticaria, dermatitis, angioedema, urinary retention, kidney failure, swelling of limbs and face, erythema, oliguria, increased concentration of potassium);
- disorders of the heart, blood vessels, hematopoietic system (increase in blood pressure, bleeding disorders, anemia, arrhythmia, tachycardia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenia).
After application in the form of a gel may result in irritation, peeling and itching at the application site.
Contraindications and application features
Antipyretic Nimesulide tablets and suspension for internal use is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance of the main active component of hypersensitivity to its components.
Instruction manual prohibits the use of the drug if the risk to the patient’s bronchospasm, high sensitivity to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, salicylic acid derivatives, congestive heart failure, predisposition to bleeding.
Nimesulide is also impossible in the following cases:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- gastric and duodenal ulcers (especially during exacerbation);
- drug and alcohol dependence;
- violations of functions of kidneys and liver.
As shown by reviews, gel NIMULID never recommended for skin lesions, open wounds. In addition, you should take into account the individual characteristics of the organism and its propensity to allergic reactions.
Learn more about the manifestation of adverse reactions, you can learn if you read the testimonials from patients and physicians.
Interaction with other medications
Today was no marked joint effects when treatment with Nimesulide gel with other drugs. If the designated use of tablets for sucking, and suspensions, possible drug interactions:
- increase the effect of anticoagulants and reduce the effect of Furosemide;
- increase the level of lithium;
- the formation of adverse reactions when combined with Methotrexate;
- the growing influence of Cyclosporine on the kidneys.
The product is not compatible with ethanol.
Overdose, and storage conditions
In the instructions for use indicated that the number of cases of overdose gel has not been established. However, the use of high doses of tablets and suspension is compounded by the negative impact in the form of surges in blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, apathy.
You may experience kidney failure, drowsiness, depressed breathing and internal bleeding.
Therapy in such cases is only symptomatic, there is no antidote. The patient should wash out the stomach, using an osmotic laxative and enterosorbent.
Store the tool in a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. Shelf life medicines in the form of:
- tablets 5 years;
- gel 2 years;
- oral suspension is 3 years.
Nimesulide banned to freeze.