Aching knees: causes of aching feet above and below the knee
According to statistics, every man at least once in my life felt pain in the knee joint.
The reasons for this may be diverse and numerous.
The main and most common reasons why knees hurt, may be the following:
- The injury to his knee during a fall or blow;
- The presence of rheumatoid arthritis;
- Degenerative change of the cartilage tissue in osteoarthritis;
- The presence of rickets;
- The presence of Baker’s cyst;
- Inflammation in joints in arthritis;
- Congenital pathologies of the joints;
- Excessive body weight;
- Violation of the meniscus, bursitis.
As you know, the knee is involved in the basic process of human movement, so the pain will be felt immediately.
To determine the reasons why aching knee joints, is more to consider diseases in which there is such a symptom.
The development of osteoarthritis of the knee
Osteoarthritis of the knee is considered a degenerative disease.
Most often it is found in women aged over 40 years with excessive body weight. In 40 percent of cases the doctor diagnose osteoarthritis of the knee.
Initial signs of the disease, the patient usually finds immediately, but only after a few months or years.
- The initial symptoms begin to manifest in the form of restricted movement of knee joints and pain in the lower extremities, which arise after a long walk.
- If the osteoarthritis progresses, the pain, with knee aches continuously. Meanwhile at night soreness abates, and the patient sleeping quietly.
- After some time the patient cannot move, ascending and descending stairs, getting up from a chair or getting up from the squat.
- If the structure of the knee has changed, during the movement of the patient can feel the rustling in the damage.
- The knee itself greatly changes the appearance, the joints are deformed. And if time does not take measures to treatment of the disease, the situation is much worse.
The development of miniscope knee joints
Damage of the meniscus, the doctor diagnoses miniscope. More often this disease is found in athletes, fans of extreme sports. Meanwhile, a similar injury can be obtained in a domestic environment, if there is sudden movement while walking, running or jumping.
- In case of injury in case of unsuccessful movement felt a sharp pain in the legs in the center of the knee joint. Pain is often enough to temporarily immobilize the victim. After a while the pain may subside and the person will not need additional treatment. However, in some cases, the pain syndrome persists for a long time.
- If the damage is over time the knee starts to swell. In the region of the patella, sometimes the accumulated blood and fluid in the knee joint, if there is damage to the blood vessels. The victim cannot move, however, he feels heard.
- After two or three weeks, pain in the knee are reduced and disappear altogether. Meanwhile, if you suspect damage to the meniscus it is necessary to consult a doctor and start treatment. Otherwise, the disease becomes chronic and may worsen.
The development of arthritis of the knee
When inflammation of the knee joint, the doctor can diagnose arthritis. Such a disease can appear at any age, but most often it occurs in young people. Depending on the causes of the disease affects one or several joints.
- Symptoms can be detected in the first days, when it was damaged in the knee. The joint begins to swell; the skin in the affected area turn red.
- Usually the patient feels pain in legs constantly, but the pain may intensify at night, when there is a feeling that the knee is bursting.
- Knee pain with arthritis, as a rule, does not depend on the motion and position of the body, and can appear at any time. Pain does not decrease if to take a comfortable position, applying heat or cold in knee area.
To get rid of the discomfort for some time usually using anti-inflammatory drugs.
The development of osteoarthritis of the hip joints
Osteoarthritis and hip joint osteoarthritis is considered a degenerative disease that has a devastating impact on the joints of the pelvis.
If the disease progresses, the legs muscles can atrophy, leading to pain in the knee.
The patient has pain in the lower extremities when walking the stairs, lifting with the crusts, the squat.
The appearance of ischemic pain
This type of pain may arise in the violation of blood supply of the knee. The reasons for this sudden change of weather conditions, prolonged exposure to low temperatures, excessive physical load on the knee joint.
Usually the pain is localized on the right and left knee simultaneously, equally intense and does not affect the degree of mobility of the joint. Patients usually complain that his knees are aching or twists.
Ischemic pain do not require special treatment. Meanwhile, to get rid of the discomfort you can use warming lotions, therapeutic rubbing, ingestion of drugs that expand blood vessels.
Inflammation of periarticular tissue
The inflammatory process in the tissues of the modern medicine referred to as periarthritis. Most often this disease occurs in women aged 40 years or more.
Localized pain on the inner thighs, under the knee, and is usually felt when the patient shifts the center of gravity of the whole body on the leg. In particular, unpleasant sensations arise when running or climbing stairs, carrying heavy items during squats.
If you walk quietly and smooth surface, the pain usually does not bother me.
The disease has no effect on the locomotor activity of the knee joint, for this reason, the patient can move the knee fully. When shoulder surgery is not formed swelling, swelling, deformation or other external change.
Other causes of pain
- If the disease Ostuda-Schlatter excessive strain on the tendons of the quadriceps muscles of the hips contributes to the formation of rough surfaces on the front part of the tibia bone. This disease occurs in children and adolescents 10 to 18 years and develops, usually due to stressful physical loads. The main symptoms are pain in the leg and the appearance of lumps at the bottom of the knee. The joints are very badly bent.
- When bursitis at periarticular region of the bag formed by the inflammatory process due to the fact that gets the infection, there is an injury or knees physically overstrained. Usually this disease is found swelling in the knee, and the patient feels pain.
- In case of inflammation of tendons, pain is formed in the lower extremities after excessive load on the legs and knees. Also, this disease can develop in the absence of proper rest after exercise.
- Atrophy and weak muscles of the hips may be dislocated kneecaps. In this case, the patient feels severe pain.
- When the longitudinal flat of the second, third and fourth stages is a violation of the structure of the limbs. For this reason, pain may be felt in the lower leg area and give back to the knee.
- In synovitis of the knee is inflammation of the synovial membrane, resulting in the joint cavity accumulates fluid, which begins to compress the surrounding tissues and cause the strong arching pain.
Injury of the joints
In violation of tissues and structures as a result of injury the patient experiences severe pain. For this reason, injury is the main reason why a person feels a painful syndrome. As you know, the knee joints have complex structure and consist of a large quantity of bones, ligaments, tendons.
A knee injury can be obtained with properly selected point of support during the fall, and as the result of excessive exercise. As a result, the doctor can diagnose:
- Damage to the meniscus and ligaments of the knee joint;
- Dislocation or displacement of the patella;
- Fracture of the bones related to the knee joint.
After injury, most often at the site of injury inflammation begins. This leads to thinning and thickening of tissues. If damaged large joint, in the articular capsule can accumulate in the blood, which leads to hemarthrosis.
Thus, the cause of pain in the area of the knee may be associated with a large number of diseases. It is not necessary to self-medicate, the first thing you need to go to the doctor to investigate the source of discomfort.
After clear diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe the correct and proper treatment. To avoid complications, it’s worth the time to seek medical help.