Nemocid, instructions for use: tablets and suspension for children
Properties of the drug
Nemocid — active anthelmintic (antihelminthic) remedy for most types of worms, parasites in the human body (often in the intestine, liver).
The current component drugs Pyrantel in the form pamoate — consume:
- ascarids (Ascaris lumbriocoides);
- pinworms (Enterobius vermicularis) — agents enterobiasis;
- hookworm species Necator americanus, provoking the development of necatorosis;
- hookworm species Ancylostoma duodenale;
- trichostrongylids (Trichostrongylus colabriformis).
Exhibits moderate activity for whipworm — Trichocephalus trichiurus (the causative agent of trichuriasis).
Indications for use
Parasitologists prescribe Nemocid the next helminth infections:
- trihozefalez (trichuris);
- hookworm disease and hookworm.
The drug is considered more effective for parasitic infestation by Ancylostoma 12 duodenal ulcer (Ancylostoma duodenale) than ankylostomas American.
The drug is effective against only Mature individuals and the worms that are in the early stages of the development life cycle, without exerting actions on larvae and worms in stage migration.
Parasites sensitive to the drug, fully lose their mobility as a result of the paralysis of nerve and muscle fibers. Paralysis of the muscles prevents the advancement of parasites up the intestines or their recording on the walls. Not able to move worms are removed from the body naturally with feces by intestinal peristalsis.
There is no artificial stimulation of exile affected the worms and the accompanying irritation of the intestinal mucosa.
Manufacturer: leading pharmaceutical of India Ipca Laboratories limited.
Pharmacokinetics (metabolism, excretion)
The therapeutic substance is absorbed into the blood, partly undergoes metabolism in the liver to N—methyl—1,3—propanide Amin. In its original form is excreted in fecal matter through the intestine (92 — 93%), in the form of a substance-metabolite (7%) leaves the body with urine.
Company IPCA-LABORATORIES produces Nemocid in two dosage forms: suspension for children suspension solution for the ingestion and tablets.
Oval, convex, pale yellow. On the one hand the risk incurred to facilitate the separation of pills, on the opposite surface — the name of the drug Latin for «nemocid». Shelf life 5 years temperature range 8 — 25 C.
Composition of one tablet:
- The current component of the Pyrantel pamoate in the amount of 250 mg;
- Additional ingredients: gum Arabic (as a coating agent), magnesium stearate, propylparaben sodium as preservatives, corn starch, stabiliser — sodium glikolat, food additive methylparaben sodium, polyvinylpyrrolidone, medical talc.
A thick homogeneous solution of pale yellow color with a pleasant vanilla-chocolate smell.
A volume of 5 ml has 250 mg of Pyrantel pamoate.
Excipients: sorbitol solution, food 70%, essence of chocolate and ice cream, citric acid, sodium methylparaben, sorbic acid, water, Polysorbate-80 as an emulsifier, sucrose, natural polysaccharide xanthan wax, propylparaben sodium.
The shelf life of suspension — 3 years (at a temperature of from 8 to 25C).
Instructions for use of Nemocid from worms and parasites
The instruction has certain characteristics, and thus assign dosage and length of use medication is prohibited.
To correctly calculate the dose needed for each patient, can only specialist with the bot, extent and stage of the lesion, age and weight of patient, concomitant diseases.
Consider the following features when you assign Nemocid:
- The medication used in the treatment of infants up to 6 months.
- Tablets prescribed for adults and children 4 years of age. Child up to 3 — 4 years suspension that is easily swallowed and attracts kids delicious flavor.
- Nemocid in any form accept one time, with food or after a meal.
- Tablet necessarily need to chew, plenty of drinking water.
- When using Nemocid do not use laxatives (medicinal and herbal).
- To prevent sumaidaie (re-infection after aging the parasites remaining in the intestine eggs) specialist may prescribe the repetition of the therapy after 18 — 21 days after initial use of medication.
- The detection of helminth infections in one patient, carried out simultaneous treatment of all in contact or living together of people.
- After antihelminthic therapy be sure to pass on the study of feces to make sure it has no worm or eggs and monitor the therapeutic effect.
Interactions with other medicines
In parallel reception Nemocid of Theophylline increases in blood concentrations, causing tachycardia, agitation, nausea, and diarrhea.
Piperazine (Anthelmintics) reduces therapeutic effect of Nemezida, because medications are antagonists.
The use of Levamisole (an antiparasitic drug) in the treatment of Nemezida can lead to toxic effects.
Table of dosages
Dosage in the treatment of worms and parasites prescribed only by a doctor. The standard course of treatment for uncomplicated parasitic lesions lasts 3 days.
If the doctor has not appointed an individual treatment plan with Nemezida medication take taking into account the age and weight of the patient.
Daily dosage Nemocid adults considering body weight of the patient
|The patient’s weight in kilograms||Dosage in milligrams (mg)|
|less than 75||750 mg (equivalent to 3 tablets)|
|more than 75||1000 mg (4 tablets)|
|The exact dose is calculated at the rate of 10 mg per 10 kg of patient’s weight.|
|occurring in isolation ascariasis||5 mg per 10 kg of patient weight per day|
|severe forms of necatorosis massive aggression parasitic worm hookworm;
a combination of several types of helminthiasis
|double the daily dose rate of 20 mg per 10 pounds of body weight, taken once or 2 times (2 – 3 days)|
Daily dose for adolescents and children
Table No. 2
The exact dose calculated based on the weight of the child on the basis of norms of 125 mg per 10 kg of body weight
|Age||6 months – 2 years body weight up to 12.5 kg||2 – 6 years
if weight 13 – 20 kg
|6 – 12 years
(20 – 40 kg)
|Adolescents over 12 years weighing more than 40 kg|
|The dose per day given body weight||125 mg (contains 2.5 ml suspension)||250 mg (5 ml suspension or 1 tablet)||500 mg (or 2 tablets)||750 mg (3 tablets)|
Side effects and contraindications
The States in which Nemocid is contraindicated, include:
- individual intolerance of active ingredient Pyrantel and any excipients included in the composition of suspension and tablets;
- myasthenia gravis (neurological disease which is expressed in the pathological weakness of the muscles);
- pronounced impairment of liver function;
- pregnancy, age under 6 months, lactation.
Possible undesirable effects:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramping;
- drug Allergy in the form of rashes on the skin manifestations of urticaria;
- in rare cases: headache, sleep disorder, increase in liver enzymes, daytime sleepiness, dizziness, lethargy;
- temperature rise;
- very rare: visual and auditory disturbances, disorientation, appearance of a violation of skin sensitivity in the form of tingling, pins and needles, numbness.
In rare cases, Nemocid can cause the disorder of coordination and dizziness.
Therefore, as the recommendations on the use of medicines experts insist on special care in the work connected with driving vehicles and other activities requiring concentration of attention and speed of motor and mental reactions.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Nemocid prohibited when carrying a child, since a detailed study on the effects of the drug on the embryo and fetus have not been conducted.
In the period of breastfeeding of the infant, the drug is prescribed in extreme cases deciding the issue of termination of breastfeeding breast milk.
It should be noted that in the pilot study of active ingredient (Pyrantel), it is not revealed negative impact on the fetus. Therefore, in severe forms of helminthiasis in pregnancy and lactation the drug is prescribed by the decision of the physician in a high probability of cure of the mother and simultaneously minimum danger to life and health of the fetus or infant.
Among the structural analogs of Nemocid with the same active substance is isolated: Helmintox, Pyrantel, Pyrantel pamoate.
Counterparts according to their anthelmintic action: Neosol, Biltricid, Pyrvinium, Dekaris, Vero Mebendazole, Mebendazole, Piperazine, Sanatsal.
Reviews of Parasitologists
Professionals that use in the practice of Parasitology Nemocid noted good tolerability of older patients and the unquestionable performance even under severe worm infestations.
But they indicate that even though the drug belongs to anthelmintic drugs with gentle action compared to synthetic antiparasitic means, receiving Nemocid patients of children’s age (especially before age 7) is often accompanied by pronounced side effects in form of nausea, abdominal pain, skin rash.