Diethylcarbamazine: instructions for use, indications, contraindications, counterparts
The principle of action of the drug
For the prevention and treatment of lymphatic filariasis using preparations based on piperazine. Welcome Diethylcarbamazine can lead to allergic reactions. The active substance of the medicinal product is a water-soluble salt of citric acid (the substance without smell and color). Form release Diethylcarbamazine pill.
Action Diethylcarbamazine reduces the number of microfilariae in the blood of the patient. The active ingredient of the drug affects the parasite and disrupts the metabolism of acids in the body of the worm. Over time, the vessels are narrowed, and formed around the parasite granulocytes. Worms unable to move, and eventually dies. The tool consumes only healthy individuals, and the larvae has no effect.
The Purpose Diethylcarbamazine
Welcome diethylcarbamazine offers instruction that must be enclosed to the drug. When is it appropriate to prescribe a potent drug? Funds with a high content of diethylcarbamazine effective against the following worms:
- Brugioz. The causative agents of parasitic diseases are deposited in blood vessels and destroy their walls. Vector control of helminthiasis are the insects. On the development of the disease is evidenced by the swelling on the skin and allergies.
- Loos. The parasite causing helminthiasis affects the subcutaneous fat and blood vessels. Spread disease in the tropical forest areas.
- Anhyzers (in exceptional cases). Parasites, affecting the lymph nodes and the eyes, most often are treated by more secure means.
- Vuhererioz. The parasites that cause the disease get into the blood vessels of internal organs and blood vessels of the skin. Symptoms of helminthiasis, after of which prescribers containing diethylcarbamazine: swelling, allergies of the skin, increase the internal organs.
The daily dosage ranges from one to six milligrams of drug per kilogram of body weight of the patient. The course of treatment depends entirely on the degree of neglect of parasitic diseases and peculiarities of the patient. The consequences of running helminthiasis, when lesions affect the eye, or the important internal organs, is treated comprehensively. Consider the compatibility of active ingredients of prescribed drugs.
Taking the drug during pregnancy and lactation
A parasitic disease that threatens the health of the expectant mother or her child requires urgent treatment. Helminths affecting the vascular system of the body, are a real threat to pregnant woman and baby. Welcome Diethylcarbamazine not valid for women who are pregnant. Treatment of helminthiasis is carried out under a special scheme, each drug therapy selected by the treating physician. Lactation also eliminates the reception means on the basis of piperazine.
The main treatment
Treatment of helminthiasis is required for adult and child patient. The duration of therapy depends on:
- the location of the parasite in the patient’s body;
- forms parasitic diseases;
- age and individual peculiarities of the patient;
- the body weight of the patient;
- contraindications and intolerance of individual components Diethylcarbamazine.
The dose calculation is a simple calculation of the milligrams of active substance of the drug per unit of patient weight. Acceptance of any anthelmintic agents is associated with certain risks which can only be assessed by a doctor. Analogues of the drug, similar in principle, but with different composition, can replace diethylcarbamazine in primary therapy. From self-treatment should be abandoned in order not to aggravate the course of helminthiasis.