Who can be a donor for a kidney transplant: types, problems
The human body is endowed with the nature of the two kidneys that function identically. If, due to an illness, the person loses one kidney, the other takes over the whole operation, carrying out cleaning of blood and body. This natural law gives the opportunity for living people to become donors for kidney transplantation. Relatives of patients willing to give his kidney, but there are some reasons why not everyone is allowed to be in the role of donor. Is important, that kidney transplant was healthy, showed the coincidence of groups and rhesus of blood of two members of the operation.
The donor may be a stranger, if he is suited to the conditions of the transplant. At most, such people are able to share a kidney for a fee.
The price of an organ from a living person varies from 30 to 60 thousand euros. The cost varies depending on supply and demand as in any market. There are two markets that conduct kidney transplant — white and black. The main danger that donors may be people with infectious diseases such as HIV, hepatitis, etc On such people can be dangerous for the recipient. It should also be remembered that regardless of the condition of the kidney from the donor, there is a chance that the recipient he is not accustomed.
A donor kidney transplant may be dead, who died under certain circumstances. The cases regulated by the legislation, which eliminates the possibility of malevolent activities of the medical staff. If there is a choice to take a kidney from a living or dead patient, then choose the first option, as the risks of complications are reduced. Allowed transplant from a person who had died of 2 types of deaths:
- Biological death. If the person died the death, which stops the heart beat and life absent the ailments that may hinder transplant, he may become a donor for a kidney transplant. Without fail, he must give written agreement to this type of intervention in life.
- The withering away of the brain. This type of the dead during life, received a traumatic brain injury or they had a bleeding in the brain. As in the first case, exclude any disease that contraindicated for transplantation. This death says the team of medical professionals (surgeons, neurologists, psychiatrists) for specific diagnostic observations.
Problems for donors
Before surgery, each donor is informed about the possible negative consequences for the body from interference. Mortality in this case small, as new methods of carrying out transplant operations to reduce this risk. Possible consequences include the following condition:
- Pulmonary embolism, but in modern conditions, is anticoagulation, which prevents the disease.
- Any surgical intervention can cause a wound infection. Laparoscopic methods, which prevents this danger.
- Hematoma. The appearance of hematomas refers to complications after surgery that requires an audit of wounds.
- Increase in blood pressure.
Final recovery of the body after 1-2 months. Doctors require monitoring the health of not only the recipient but also the donor.
A kidney transplant requires the assignment of funds to enhance immunity, in order to prevent the penetration of various infections. That, in turn, can significantly degrade the human condition and lead to complications. From the donor requires refraining from harmful habits, healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition. The woman that acted as a donor, pregnancy and childbirth are contraindicated.