What can I eat with a transplanted kidney: diet, food
The normal functioning of the kidney is observed after a few postoperative days, and the important point in this period is the diet after kidney transplant, accelerating regenerative processes. If you do not take appropriate measures, the body will begin to reject the kidney. One drug therapy is often not enough, so the patient is prescribed a special diet menu, which met the required proportions of protein, fat and carbohydrates.
How to eat in the first days?
In the first postoperative days the patient should pay attention to their diet. On the first day the patient can eat per day 5-8 small portions of food which is ground up into a liquid state and has a lining structure (pudding, oatmeal, soup). The amount of salt in food should be minimal. After 3 days the diet is introduced omelet, steamed, mild teas, vegetable soups, carefully ground. After 7 days the patient is allowed to eat lean poultry (chicken, Turkey), lean fish, proteins boiled eggs. It prohibited the use of bananas, chocolate, tomatoes and citrus juices.
The features and principles of the diet
Diet is an important moment in the postoperative treatment of the transplanted kidney, contributing to the speedy recovery of the body. Products that uses the patient, affect the performance of the chemical composition of the blood. Diet after transplantation leads to the fact that the body begins to work faster. After the operation, the kidneys are operating at only 20%, but figures have gradually increased.
Nutrition after kidney transplantation should be constructed in such a way that the body was not any deficiency of potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. One should choose products that contain optimal amounts of micronutrients. The patient is forbidden to take alcoholic drinks contain several toxins that affect the kidney tissue. You can drink water, teas, juices in large quantities, so as not to overload the body.
Many patients after renal transplantation increases the mass of the body that affects the human condition. Approximate diet after kidney transplantation is observed to year. Such long terms are established due to the fact that the body survives for a long time, and in the process of healing problems often arise. Compliance with the annual menu, and therapy leads to good functioning of the body.
Principles of the diet
- The diet should be more food of plant origin, because it is necessary for a person in fiber that improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. In such foods contain proteins, easily digestible and less oxidizable, which facilitate the functioning of the transplanted kidney.
- Eat lean meats (chicken breast, rabbit meat and Turkey).
- It is forbidden to enter into the diet foods that contain preservatives and dyes.
- You cannot consume citrus fruits and juices from them, because in the blood increases the concentration of the drug.
- Don’t add seasoning when cooking.
- Use vegetables and fruits that contain large amounts of vitamins. For this they are subjected to minimal heat treatment, in which remain all the useful links.
- Products need to boil, simmer and cook for a couple.
- It is necessary consumption of salts in the minimum amount due to the fact that they retain fluid in the body. This leads to the fact that the filtering deteriorates and the patient wants to drink, so the amount of liquid increases. Consequently, the disturbed functioning of the organism as a whole, and may develop renal insufficiency with attacks of hypertension.
- It is forbidden to use any kind of cookie except app.
- Excluded from the diet of coffee, soda, and alcoholic drinks.
- You need to eat several times a day, portions are smaller. It is recommended to do the counting of calories.
- To monitor the quality of products consumed.
- Exercise, but not more than an hour a day.
What is the patient with a transplanted kidney?
- First of all, you need to drink about 2 liters of water a day, but no more. For a patient with a transplanted kidney prescribed a special diet to maintain the body and accelerate its recovery.
- To eat more protein foods: dairy products (but not milk), beans, lean meats.
- To maintain the carbohydrate level should be prepared wheat products.
- To reduce the amount of fried foods, to eliminate from the diet foods that contain high cholesterol. When cooking you must use vegetable oil rather than butter.
- To maintain the calcium level, the patient should drink more kefir and eat ribs.
- Broths from fish and meat should be consumed no more than two times a week.
- Diet after kidney transplantation involves the refusal of consumption of fatty meats such as pork, duck, lamb. A complete rejection of meat products leads to low level of hemoglobin in the blood, and the healing of wounds, which appeared after the operation, comes after a long period of time. Thus lean not to eat undercooked, raw.
- Not recommended are sushi, raw seafood products, oysters.
- You can not eat undercooked or raw eggs, poor quality dairy products.
- It is not recommended to eat in places where buffet or salad bars because it is fraught with the development of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The patient denied use of alcoholic drinks, even homemade. This applies not only to the postoperative period, but all the rest of life. Despite the fact that survival rates are quite large (about 80%), there is still the risk of death. Alcoholic beverages reduce the chances of the patient’s recovery and contribute to the death of cells in the body. You want to reduce the amount of carbonated drinks and coffee in the diet.