Urine blood: causes in men, symptoms, how to treat
Most often blood in the urine in men evidence health problems, but urinating blood is not a disease but its symptom. Urine color varies from light pink to dark brown, sometimes with dark clots. Blood clots when urinating in men talking about the extent of damage of an organ. The allocation of blood with urine in medicine is called hematuria. If the blood admixture is immediately visible, it is called gross hematuria, when the identification is possible only in laboratory conditions is microhematuria. There are more than 100 different causes, explaining why in the urine there is blood. According to statistics, 20% of men the cause of blood — cancer disease, in the urine appeared first droplets of blood or pus, it is urgent to plan a visit to the doctor.
Most diseases that cause blood in urine in men dangerous, but early treatment improves the outcome.
The most common causes of urine with blood in men
- A urinary tract infection. The infection enters the body through the urethra, and the bacteria begin to multiply in the bladder.
- Kidney infection (pyelonephritis). Occurs when bacteria enter the kidneys from the blood or from the ureter.
- Kidney disease (glomerulonephritis). Is characterized by inflammation of the filtering system of the kidneys.
- Kidney stones. The resulting stones rubbed the cloth of the internal organs, creating a constantly bleeding place. Quite large stones can clog and damage the urinary tract.
- An enlarged prostate. With age prostate begin to swell, squeezing the urethra and partially blocking the flow of urine.
- Cancer. Malignant cells in the bladder, kidneys or urethra, violate the healthy tissue, and it is constantly bleeding. A growing tumor needs a supply of blood. Generated new tiny blood vessels often burst, and therefore occurs Krovostok into the urine.
- Exercise. When the urine appear red veins, doctors suggest that this is due to minor damage to the bladder, dehydration or the breakdown of red blood cells. It can occur in any athlete after an intense workout.
- Injury. A blow to the kidneys can cause the appearance of blood in urine in men. If the kidney is injured, the blood from the kidneys goes into the tissues around it or falls into the urine.
- Urethritis. The disease provoked by hypothermia or injury of the penis in which the blood stands out from the urethra in men.
- Cystitis. Inflammation of the urinary tract.
Symptoms of diseases that cause hematuria
The constant desire to go to the toilet and the smell from the urine indicates kidney disease. About the kidney infection can be judged if in the urine there was blood, mucus, and precipitation. Possible severe flank pain and fever, sometimes nausea and vomiting. This bad feeling is mistaken for poisoning, appendicitis or intestinal obstruction. Renal colic indicate the presence of kidney stones. Urolithiasis is observed an increased content of red blood cells, so kidney bleeding urine becomes pink or red.
- Signs of enlarged prostate is pain at the end urinating, painful and constant urge to urinate, visible or microscopic blood in the urine. The same symptoms is prostatitis.
- Blood clots in the urine during urination in men, frequent urination, sometimes pain is a warning signs of cancer.
- The appearance of blood or ichor out of my dick after sex means likely injury in the urethra in men. When from the urethra constantly bleeding, it is likely that damaged his wall.
- Severe pain during and after urination, discomfort in urethra, with purulent pus discharge, blood stains on linen are signs of urethritis.
- If men frequent urination with blood or mucus, accompanied by burning, sharp pains and pain in the area above the pubis, and the urine itself smells like ammonia, it means the inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urinary tract (cystitis, pyelitis, nephritis), although cystitis in men is much rarer than in women, most often after 45 years.
Unpleasant symptoms at the beginning of urination or at the end in any case should not be ignored by the man. Timely access to a doctor — a pledge of future health and longevity.
Initially, the doctor will send a urine test to confirm that its red color due to the blood. The analysis will show the presence of a urinary tract infection or the presence of minerals that cause kidney stones.
- The doctor may recommend a computer tomography (CT), recreating the image of the cross section of the inner part of the body.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) that uses magnetic field and radio waves to map the internal organs.
- Examination of the kidneys and bladder using ultrasound.
- Cystoscopy allows the camera to explore the area of the bladder and urethra for signs of disease.
- If urinating has become difficult, and it is accompanied by pain or pain, then came the opportunity to conduct in-home rapid tests. Analysis should be done in the morning on an empty stomach. If test strips indicate the blood of impurities, it means that the genitourinary system is in need of treatment, but to use the test for self-diagnosis still stands.
The presence of blood in the urine sometimes cause anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin and antibiotics. Some medications can affect urine color. It happens that the urine color changes when a person is sitting on a vegetable diet. Sometimes in the morning and evening urine has different shades, so before the diagnosis, the doctor is obliged to discuss the patient’s medical history. To clear out why urine blood in men, may require additional tests, especially if there are risk factors.
Age. Urination with blood in the older men were more likely to indicate problems much more serious than the young man, not having the usual age-related diseases.
- A recent infection in which the kidneys are inflamed after a viral or bacterial infection.
- Hereditary infringements. Sickle cell anemia — a hereditary defect of hemoglobin in red blood cells. Alport syndrome, a progressive decline in renal function in combination with disorders of hearing and vision.
- Bad habits.
- Hazardous work associated with chemical substances or dyes.
How to treat the disease with blood urine?
To treat hematuria in the home is dangerous to health. Hematuria has no specific treatment, instead, the doctor focuses on removing the root cause of the deviation.
After a thorough examination of the patient, determined a diagnosis and administer medical treatment aimed at the disease itself, and the induced effects. This may include, for example, antibiotics to bring the infection of their urinary tract and cleanse them from blood or mucus, normalize blood circulation in the kidneys, reduce enlarged prostate.
Kidney stones often accompanied by severe pain, and aid can be given any painkillers except aspirin. Diarrhea and vomiting are shown urgent hospitalization and doctor-urologist. If colic caused by urolithiasis use of remote lithotripsy (crushing stone ultrasound).
Therapeutic elimination of prostatitis is complex and includes a diverse range of therapeutic interventions. The main treatment is antibiotics, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory and analgesic (if necessary) medications. Prescribed vitamins, diet supplements necessary diet.
In mild injury the kidneys will be a little easier if you use folk remedies and attach to the site of injury cold compress of crushed leaves of cabbage. When a serious injury requires urgent hospitalization, bed rest, restriction of fluid intake, pain relief therapies, analgesics, procaine blockade and physiotherapy.