Urinary tract infection: symptoms in women: treatment, causes
Any infection of the urinary tract in women is due to short urethra, which is near the anus. Men have a completely different body structure and they are less prone to the penetration of urinary infections. Often, many diseases do not even manifest themselves, but men are carriers of the infection. And promiscuous and unprotected sexual relationship become the first cause in diseases of the urinary system.
Urogenital infection in women
Infections of the genitourinary system in women of pathological effects caused by specific harmful microorganisms. Urinary tract diseases are characterized by inflammation, which is easy to cure in initial stage or ignoring the signs becomes chronic. What kind of doctor treats diseases? The answer depends on the scope of the genitourinary system and its stage. This can be a therapist, urologist, gynecologist, infectious disease specialist and even a surgeon.
Possible infectious diseases
The most common diseases of the genitourinary system:
Genital herpes. Felt discomfort, burning, ulcerations, and vesicles, swollen lymph nodes.
- Chlamydia. Inflammation of the urinary system in women manifests as cervicitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis. The inflammatory process provokes ectopic pregnancy and female infertility.
- Adnexitis. Infected female appendages, called pathogens. Requires prompt treatment to avoid serious consequences.
- Urethritis. Inflammatory processes that affect the urinary tract and brings discomfort.
- Vaginitis. Discomfort, burning and bad smell are the first signs of inflammation.
- Gonorrhea. In women, characterized by pain during sexual intercourse and urination, discharge acquires a yellow or red tint, fever and hemorrhage.
- Cystitis. Diseases of the urinary system and bladder. Causes multiple trips to the toilet, this felt the tenderness.
- Pyelonephritis. It is a disease of the kidneys and urinary system. Harmful bacteria in the exacerbation of the disease cause sudden attacks of pain in the lower back.
What is the reason?
- Genital herpes. Viral urinary tract infection acquired during sexual intercourse via small wounds or cracks. Once once in the body, they remain for life as a latent infection, and manifest itself under favorable conditions.
- Chlamydia. This infection is transferred only during sexual intercourse from an infected.
- Urethritis. Can occur even due to the injury of the bodies.
- Vaginitis. Caused by infection that is transmitted through sexual intercourse or existing fungal diseases.
- Gonorrhea. Infection in the genitourinary system can be detected after sexual intercourse without use of contraceptive. To cure the disease easily, if the time to identify, otherwise the consequences very serious.
Activators of inflammation
Urinary tract infections in women often occur after unprotected and indiscriminate sexual relations. A urinary tract infection can cause these microorganisms: gonococcus, Ureaplasma, Treponema pallidum, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas, chlamydia, fungi and viruses. All harmful microbes cause the development of inflammation. As the message the body sends signals of the disease as symptoms.
The types of infections
Diseases of the urinary system causes many infections. Depending on localization of the infection are divided into:
- Infections of the upper urinary tract (pyelonephritis).
- Infections of the lower genito-urinary organs (cystitis and urethritis).
Threat to distinguish from the origin:
- Uncomplicated. Urine flow is absent, the functional disorders are observed.
- Complicated. Functional activity impaired, anomalies are observed.
- Hospital. The infection develops during diagnostic and medical manipulations on the patient.
- Out-of-hospital. Infection bodies not tied to a therapeutic intervention.
Regarding symptoms of infectious diseases, pathology is divided into the following types:
- hidden urinary infections.
Transmission and causes
Infection of the kidneys and urinary tract, based on the foregoing, acquired under these conditions:
- Unprotected sexual relationship (most common infection).
- Ascending infection as a consequence of the neglect of hygiene.
- Through the lymphatic and blood vessels when an inflammatory disease begins to progress (e.g., dental caries, influenza, pneumonia, diseases of the intestine).
The reason of diseases of the genitourinary system and kidneys is:
- the metabolic disorders;
- hypothermia of the body;
- stressful situations;
- promiscuous intimate relationships.
Diseases of the urinary tract are characterized by certain symptoms. In inflammatory processes the necessary diagnostics. All diseases are different, but the main manifestations are:
- the discomfort and anxiety that disturb the urinary tract;
- itching, burning and tingling;
- problematic urination;
- rashes on the genitals;
- tumors (papillomas and condylomas).
Diagnostic procedures and tests
To prevent disease of the kidneys and urinary organs in man is easy, you need at least once a year to pass a General analysis of blood and urine. In the urine will initially be visible to harmful bacteria. The diagnostics will help to identify in advance or to prevent infection and disease. If deterioration of health, then the specialist should promptly examine the person. To identify structural changes will also help ultrasound and x-ray study of the kidneys and bladder. It can be as ultrasonography and urography, cystography, neprezentare, cystoscopy and tomography.
Used the treatment of urinary tract infections
The treatment of urinary system is mandatory for antibiotics. Specialist always determines an individual approach, so you need to strictly adhere to the recommendations in order to avoid possible side effects. For the treatment can be used a complex methodology, for example, medicines and herbs. You need to follow diets that exclude the use of irritating elements. The treatment it is important to keep drinking regime.
Reduce inflammation antibiotics will help. For the treatment used such antibiotics: «Ceftriaxone», «Norfloxacin», «Augmentin», «Amoxiclav», «Monural», «Kanefron». The drugs are selected according to the principles of:
- Medication is directly excreted via the kidneys.
- The drug needs to actively influence pathogens uropathogenic flora.
- Therapy should be selected in such a way to have the most effective results with minimal consequences.
How to stop the pain?
As you know, the pain is caused by spasm or infection. Therefore, can be administered analgesics («Baralgin» or «Pentalgin»), antispasmodics («no-Spa» and «Drotaverine») or rectal suppositories («Papaverine»). But to stop inflammation in humans need to use strong medicines in order to eliminate the causes. Essentially determined by the agents (stafilokok, E. coli, chlamydia) and their sensitivity to antibacterial agents. To treat the disease at home, and better use of medicines internally, and under the supervision of a doctor still applies the injection.
Treatment of folk remedies
Urinary tract treatment and possible folk remedies. The urinary system responds well to decoctions succession, calamus, mint, woodlice, cranberries, chicory, bearberry, birch leaves. Factors that affect the bladder, causing painful, good saves from the herb chamomile and horsetail. Drink 3 times daily as tea (0,5 tablespoons of mixture pour boiling water). Urogenital system cystitis and pyelonephritis cannot resist pathogens, and lingering diseases cause exacerbations. Therefore, it is recommended to use the hips as a diuretic to excrete junk from the body. Lungwort herb is rich in tannins, due to this fights inflammatory flow of the mucous membranes. You need to prepare a decoction with leaves, currants and cranberries (1 tbsp. spoon), pour all the boiling water, infuse for 1 hour and drink 5 times a day for 2 tablespoons.
The urinary system is experiencing the disorder in a variety of diseases. Antibacterial drugs, and antispasmodics are not the only method of cure in inflammation. When there is a temperature and fever used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug: «Set», «Ibuprofen», «Nimesulide».
Diet as disease prevention
Diet and disease prevention. It is important to avoid foods that contain purines and oxalic acid. Also limit the consumption of salt. Take the habit of the morning on an empty stomach to drink water, only after this little procedure is. Eat small portions 5-6 times a day. Usually in diseases of the genitourinary system used diets 6 and 7. The main objectives of the diet No. 6 — to reduce the amount of uric acid and salts in the body. You need to consume more fluids, vegetables and fruits, and dairy products. And diet No. 7 is directed to the output products of metabolism from the body, combats puffiness and unstable pressure. Here, on the contrary, fluid intake is limited and also excludes cereals and salt, mostly plant foods.
The consequences and possible complications
The neglect of the recommendations leads to very large consequences. In the end deterioration and chronic disease, and if the disease is sexually transmitted, when it is extremely severe and possible fatal outcome. Complications of the disease manifest as renal failure, infertility. If this is an infectious disease the danger lies in further infection of partners.
Prevention of diseases of the urinary system lies in the fact that you need to follow the right diet, lead an active lifestyle, to prevent hypothermia. From time to time need to use diet in order to reduce the load on the bodies. For treatment and prevention will be useful herbal teas. It is important not to forget about vitamins. And the main thing — to observe personal hygiene and to have order in sexual life.