Urethritis in women symptoms and treatment, causes, prevention
Inflammation of the urethra (the urethra) affects more men, in women, occurs much less frequently. How to treat urethritis in women and is there any chance of getting rid of the disease and the amendment? These questions are constantly hearing from experts involved in the treatment of genitourinary sphere. What tests are given for diagnosis of urethritis and by what methods to treat this disease?
What is urethritis?
Urethritis — inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urethra. The disease can occur in two forms: acute and chronic. Acute urethritis in women appears suddenly and is expressed painful symptoms. Chronic urethritis in women is often asymptomatic course with periodic exacerbations. Basically the disease does not cause life-threatening, but delivers a lot of unpleasant symptoms in a sick person.
Inflammation of the urethra in women is triggered by these causes:
- mistakes in nutrition (provoke allergic urethritis);
- excessive consumption of alcohol;
- damage to the urethra due to surgery;
- lack of genital hygiene (own and partner);
- genital infections (infectious urethritis);
- STDs, provoking non-specific urethritis in women.
Symptoms of urethritis in women are expressed in this way:
- pain in the urethra when urinating;
- irritation and redness of genitals;
- the inconvenience and discomfort during sex;
- muddy, possibly bloody discharge from the genital organs, having a peculiar odor.
Associated symptoms of urethritis in women:
- the increase in body temperature, fever;
- dizziness and pressure surges;
- General weakness and malaise.
Specifics of symptoms depending on the pathogen
There are many harmful microorganisms that trigger the inflammation of the urethra in women. Symptoms of nonspecific urethritis caused by what pathogen he was provoked. For example:
- Gonococcal infection causes gonorrheal urethritis in women. Gonococcal urethritis is manifested copious secretions from the vagina.
- Trichomoniasis causes severe sverbezh and burning in the vaginal area. Also raises the mucus unnatural color, having a peculiar odor.
- Candida provoke great itching of the genital organs, external, and internal burning.
- Bacteria chlamydia. Their presence may be asymptomatic.
- The tubercle Bacillus — Mycobacterium causing infectious disease — nephrotuberculosis, causing urethritis. It is manifested by slight fever and General malaise.
The chronic form of the disease in remission are asymptomatic when recurrence has the following characteristics: there is frequency of urination and little urine separation in this case, discomfort in the intimate area. Other symptoms characteristic of the acute form of the disease, are absent. In the case where inflammation of the urethra occurs in conjunction with cystitis or thrush (vaginitis), symptoms may include discharge, and pain sensations to the female genital organs. Urethritis and cystitis — are very similar ailments by the symptoms, so one can recognize them only through the diagnosis. The patient must be seen by a specialist.
The diagnostics required to install a correct diagnosis and identify the cause that triggered the inflammation. The diagnostic activities carried out by women include:
- Consultation with a gynecologist or urologist.
- Inspection on the gynecological chair and the collection of anamnestic information about the patient.
- Taking smear from the urethra.
- Required to provide a urine sample and blood.
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
- To carry out the.. The subject of research is the mucous membrane of the urethra.
In the untimely appeal to the doctor and the transition of ailments in the chronic form there are complications of urethritis. The most serious complication is a condition in which burning and it hurts the urethra (urethra), the inability by any means eliminate the pain. Another disease of the urethra in women can give complications to the bladder and kidneys to cause cystitis or pyelonephritis, converted into purulent urethritis in women. When running the form can form a cyst in the urethra, narrowing it, or limiting mocheotdelenija channel.
Features of treatment of acute urethritis in women
Treatment of urethritis in women at home due to the causes of the disease, localization and character of the inflammatory process. Treatment of female urethritis acute form is large and consists of: diet, avoiding harmful habits, physiotherapy, usage of medical drugs, the use of folk medical methods.
Treatment of chronic urethritis
Chronic urethritis can be cured much harder than the acute, so you need to treat him with the use of immunostimulatory drugs and the introduction into the urethra drug solutions. These techniques will allow to strengthen the action of the same medicines used for the treatment of acute urethritis and speed up the healing process.
The attending physician on the basis of the conducted research has the right to appoint the patient medication that will quickly eliminate the inflammation and to prevent negative health effects. The most effective medications used in the fight against inflammation:
- antibiotics for urethritis in women: pills of «Azithromycin», «Adipol», «Gatesman» and other medications that are similar in composition and sensitivity to infectious agents;
- vaginal suppositories and ointment that eliminates bacteria and fungus;
- uroseptic solutions introduced inside the urethra droplets, such as «Aquasan», «Chlorhexidine», «Formalin», etc.;
- immunostimulating and immunomodulating drugs;
- vitamins and probiotics.
Treatment of folk remedies
Among the means of traditional treatment, you can choose any that is most suitable for women a medicine. Female urethritis can be cured by applying such traditional medicines:
- Berries and leaves of black currants are considered to be very useful in urethritis due to its diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties. You can prepare a decoction of the berries and leaves of the plant. It is necessary to take 2 tbsp. l. dried or fresh leaves of the herb, finely cut them. Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, infuse for 30 minutes. Then strain and drink half a Cup 3 times a day before meals. Similarly, preparing the broth and berries.
- Treatment at home involves the use of herbal decoction of the collection of medicinal plants. To make it easy: take 1 tbsp of each component is St. John’s wort, chamomile, Helichrysum fennel fruit or fennel. Mix all the herbs, take 1 tbsp and pour a glass of boiling water. Leave for 15 minutes, decant the liquid, and drink 100 ml three times a day half an hour before meals.
Do I need a diet?
At the first appearance of symptoms should review your diet, maybe it was the root cause of the disease. Need to give up foods and beverages that irritate the inflamed mucosa of the urethra. To harmful products are: red meat, all animal fats, confectionery and flour products. Drinks should abandon sugary carbonated beverages, coffee, black tea, alcohol. It is necessary to give preference to fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, cereals, vegetable fats. Proper nutrition and diet for inflammation play an important role in the prevention and cure of the disease.
As additional therapies inflammation of the urethra use:
- Physiotherapy. She suggests doing a daily lotion or sitz baths for genitals. You need to prepare a decoction of herbs (chamomile, St. John’s wort) and add it to the tub. Gadgets to do the same solution, applying to the outer sexual organs. In that case, when inflamed urethra or bladder, a huge benefit and a lot of therapy belongs to physiotherapeutic procedures.
- The lifestyle change. You need to give up bad habits (Smoking and alcohol consumption), at least at the time of treatment. Alcohol and nicotine provoke acute inflammation and hinder the healing: to make ineffective medication, and slow down the recovery of bodies.
Prevention of urethritis in women involves the following recommendations:
- you need to carefully observe hygiene of genitals;
- not SuperCool, dress warmer;
- avoid stress and nervous tension;
- to abstain from sexual contacts with strangers;
- give up bad habits (Smoking and alcohol);
- eat right, eat a lot of fatty and fried foods;
- to visit every six months to the gynecologist, to take the necessary preventive tests.
If taking care of yourself and have a healthy partner, the disease can be prevented and is generally never exposed. In the event of illness should urgently visit your doctor, tune in to positive result and to adhere to all the recommendations. The patience and diligence of a woman in a specific case will help to eliminate unpleasant symptoms and get rid of the disease.