The treatment of urinary incontinence in older women medicine and laser
Among all diseases? characteristic of elderly people, incontinence is a significant place and has its own characteristics. Urinary incontinence in older women brings a lot of uncomfortable moments, causing embarrassment, therefore it is not always about this issue, speak openly with doctors and loved ones. Lately, experts are trying to find a solution and opportunity to correct such deviation.
Causes and risk factors
Senile urinary incontinence in women — a consequence of aging. With age, the body changes, causing a failure in functional activities of organs. There is a loss of tone in the muscles, including the bladder. Its walls lose their elasticity and can’t stretch. And the development of atrophic changes of the urethra is affected by hormonal deficiency due to menopause.
The manifestation of senile incontinence are influenced by a complex of reasons:
- changes of climacteric in nature;
- stressful situation;
- natural childbirth and postpartum complications;
- excess body weight;
- trauma pelvic;
- hard work.
Risking urinary incontinence in the elderly is higher in women with high body weight, given birth many times in a natural way (during pregnancy and during childbirth the muscle tissue that support the pelvic organs become less elastic). Additional causes of incontinence:
- infection (development of the inflammatory process irritates the walls of the body, which leads to controlled reduction of the walls);
- food and medication;
- neurological diseases (atherosclerosis, Parkinson’s disease).
Most often there is urinary incontinence in women after 50 years, this is due to the individual structure.
Experts share age-related incontinence in several types:
- stress (occurs randomly when you cough, laugh);
- urgent (acute urgency when you almost empty the bladder);
- bed wetting (enuresis);
For correct diagnosis the woman needs to turn to the experts: the urologist and the gynecologist. Before professionals is the main objective: to determine the form of the disease, the nature, the causes and find treatment. With this purpose, the following research methods:
- Diary of urination. Records are maintained of alcohol consumed and withdrawn out of the liquid for several days.
- History collection. Allows you to identify the causes that provoked incontinence.
- Gynecological examination (status of the vaginal mucosa, bladder).
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs. Held for exclusion or confirmation of abnormalities and functional state of organs.
- Comprehensive urodynamic study. Consists of a series of tests to determine the state of the functions of urinary organs (cystometry, uroflometry, profilometry).
Conservative treatment of urinary incontinence in older women is expressed in the definition of the system approach which is always individual. Therapy takes a long period of time. For the treatment of urinary incontinence in older people developed quite a large variety of techniques.
Drugs in the treatment of urinary incontinence in older women
The use of medicines for urinary incontinence in women is usually acute and urgent forms of the disease, but has low efficiency. Drugs against incontinence is used to restore the functions of the authority by increasing the volume. If the anatomical structure is not disturbed, use the following cure urinary incontinence:
- Agonists. Helps energize not only the walls of the urinary organs and vessels. The probability of development of side effects, so they are very rarely used («Lutron»).
- Anticholinergic drugs for the treatment of decreased tone of the bladder («Obratit», «Omnic»).
- Spazmolitiki. Relax smooth muscle, relieve spasms («Spasmex», bisoprolol heart).
- Antibiotics. Prescribed medicines in the presence of inflammation in the urine.
- Antidepressants and estrogen suppository to delay age-related changes.
When stressful form of the disease drug therapies most often used to prepare for surgery and as rehabilitation (post operative).
Daytime urinary incontinence in adults can be corrected with exercise urination. You must create an execution plan. Initial training should be made under the supervision of a specialist. The point of the exercise is to curb urination, gradually increasing the interval. The training was held in parallel with drug treatment, takes about 3 months.
Exercise is an additional method of treating urinary incontinence in older women. This complex has a name — Kegel exercises. Special exercises for toning the organs of the pelvic floor is used as prophylaxis and as treatment of enuresis in adult women. The meaning of this method is the muscles due to which you can subsequently control the process of urination. The exercises must be done constantly, gradually complicating and increasing the run time. List of exercises:
- Slow compression. The alternation of tension and relaxation of the muscles that control the process of urination. Each compression and relaxation you first need to withstand 3 seconds to gradually increase to 20 seconds.
- Reduction. Quick change of contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- Popping. It is necessary to strain the muscles working if you wish to be emptied.
Better to start with the first, most simple exercises. The number of iterations equals 10, 5 times a day. Once you’ve mastered it, move to more complex. The number of repeats to increase gradually up to 30 and then to 150. To carry out a set of pins can be in any convenient position and in a convenient location. For others, the exercises will go unnoticed.
In modern medicine doctors are able to cure senile urinary incontinence in women with the help of laser technology. By acting on the mucosa, the laser beams enhance the quality of existing collagen, promote the development of new fibers. Using the laser, it is possible to completely renovate the pelvic floor muscles. Well shrinking and shrinking after the reconstruction, improve the support of the authority.
The treatment is done in clinic, with individual selection of program laser treatment. The procedure is painless. Immediately after her return to the usual rhythm of life.
In patients of young age the problem can be solved with conservative treatment, in women around 60 years of incontinence, especially stress forms, can be corrected only by surgery. There are over 200 varieties of such operations, which are aimed at the reconstruction of the anatomically correct positioning of the neck of the bladder, urethra.
- The sling procedure. For adjustments use special support loop.
- Operation Birch. Suspension of the urethra using the vaginal walls.
- The artificial sphincter. To the replacement of the sphincter resort in case of total or partial loss of functionality.
- Injection. Introduction collagen provides volume to support the urethra.
- Stimulation of the sacral nerves.
Therapy of folk remedies
The problem of involuntary urinary output face for a very long time. Not surprisingly, the solution joined the people’s medicine. It is important to remember that therapy of folk remedies to avoid allergies, you need to agree with your doctor. Consider the following folk remedy for urinary incontinence in older women:
- To treat enuresis in adults can be using the seeds of agrimony. 125 ml of seeds agrimony to insist on red wine and make up to 3 times a day for 30 ml.
- Frequent urination drink a tea made from the branches of cherries (cherry) with the addition of honey.
- Good help decoction of corn silk. 1 tbsp to 250 ml of boiling water, let stand 30-45 minutes. Strain and take twice a day before meals half a Cup.
- Plantain leaves. 1 tbsp to 250 ml of boiling water, drink 4 times a day over the fourth part of the glass.
Special clothing and pads — the most affordable ways of coping with unpleasant feelings. Used in the operating period, with medical treatment and retirement age for grandmothers. Products are divided into two groups, the first is used with underwear, the second group replaces underwear.
Absorbent panties are both reusable and disposable. Have different sizes, with different amount of absorption. They are better known as diapers. Absorb liquid, well-mounted and convenient to dress up. They are often used in severe incontinence in the elderly, enuresis, postoperative period, for bedridden patients.
For convenience, designed disposable and reusable pads. Disposable available, easy to use, but prolonged use is quite expensive. Reusable strips — it saves, but they need to be washed, drying. They are used with the special underwear in which they are inserted. A very important comfort when using them, so the size can be chosen individually.