The bladder endometriosis: symptoms, treatment in women
Diseases of the urinary system is always serious and often have unpleasant symptoms. One of these diseases is endometriosis of the bladder. The disease occurs exclusively in women, as connected with the growth of the endometrium. As the disease tends to affect not only the bladder and neighbouring organs of the urogenital system, any alarm symptoms should be the reason for the visit.
Endometriosis is a female disease. This pathology is characterized by the movement of the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium). Endometrial tissue extends into the uterine muscle layer or out of the limits of the original location in the ovary, cervix, abdominal cavity, and divisions of the intestine, bladder. In the case where the patient had recently conducted operation in the area of the urogenital system, uterine mucosa can be displaced even in the postoperative scar. From where will be found the endometrium will depend on the symptoms that woman will experience.
Most often the disease occurs in women of reproductive age from 23 to 40 years, and occurs in 26% of women. At the age of activation of the menstrual function is found in 10-12% of girls. Very rare during menopause (3-6%). Endometriosis is of 2 forms: striking the genitals (genital) that do not involve the reproductive system (extragenital).
The degree of development of pathology
There are 4 main levels of the disease:
- A single change in surface tissues, and invasion of the endometrium is shallow.
- Multiple pockets, reaching deep into the middle of the fabric.
- The germination of the endometrium becomes deeper, there are individual adhesions in the abdominal cavity.
- Seal of adhesions and the increase of affected areas.
Pockets of damage vary in size and shape. Occur as roundish lesions a few millimeters, and the proliferation of atypical forms occupying 7-9 centimeters in diameter. Have is uncommon for tissues, dark cherry color, the edges arise whitish scars. Because of these features of the disease provokes the appearance of adhesions in the pelvis.
There are many reasons for the development of bladder endometriosis in women:
- hormonal disturbances;
- genetic predisposition;
- inflammation in the urogenital system;
- irrational nutrition;
- disorders of water balance;
- problems with the metabolism;
- a weakened immune system;
- late pregnancy;
- the consequences of the operations (removal of ovaries with cysts, cesarean section, abortion, treatment of erosion).
Symptoms of endometriosis of the bladder
The main manifestations indicating the presence of overgrowths of the endometrium are:
- problems with urination, pain accompanying this process;
- the presence of blood in urine at end of urination;
- permanent or ongoing pain in the pelvis (occurs or increases before menstruation);
- heaviness in the lower abdomen;
- «hopewe» power in the urine;
- urinary incontinence;
- weight gain.
Besides the above signs, the disease is characterized by the staining of urine in red color before the onset of menstruation. This color occurs due to color changes of the affected mucosa of the bladder. In General urine analysis revealed red blood cells will be unchanged. At the initial stage of development of endometriosis can occur without symptoms. It is difficult to determine the presence of disease.
Any problems with the bladder is the reason for the early treatment to the doctor. The complex diagnostic procedures for detecting endometriosis include:
- medical history — analysis of heredity, illness, infections, injuries of the genitourinary system, the residual post-Natal injuries, the consequences of abortion;
- a study of menstrual function, duration, frequency, profusion monthly;
- cystoscopy — a study of the urethra with an endoscope, is performed using General anesthesia;
- a collection of common blood and urine tests.
- ultrasonography (us).
The woman may be appointed as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). But it is used only in obscure and difficult to diagnose cases when it is difficult to distinguish other diseases of the urinary system from the endometriosis. As soon as the patient diagnose endometriosis of the bladder, it is important to immediately begin treatment to prevent the development of complications.
Treatment of endometriosis in women
Treatment of the disease occurs in one of two ways:
Conservative treatment involves taking medications that affect hormones (oral contraceptives). The doctor will inquire about whether the patient is pregnant and takes into account the perception of drugs by the body. To improve the condition of the bladder and cope with the manifestations of the disease, birth control pills are taken courses for 3-4 months. Remember that you can’t break the regimen, otherwise treatment will be ineffective. Additionally, prescribers, aimed at restoring the immune system.
If no improvement in the condition of the patient is not observed, will put the question on the surgery. When the disease condition is started and the medications cannot stop the inflammatory process, the woman will remove the cancerous part of the bladder. The most dangerous surgical intervention is a possibility of entry of pathological endometrial cells in other organs of the urogenital system. But doctors carefully monitor it during the operation. In the postoperative period the patient is prescribed hormonal medications to accelerate healing of tissues.
Therapy herbs and other methods of traditional medicine should be approved by your doctor. Self-medication can harm your health and worsen the disease. If everything is in order and the patient can be used folk remedies that effectively deal with the symptoms of the disease will help:
- tinctures and decoctions of herbs that enhance the immune system (chamomile flowers, knotweed, nettle leaf);
- the broth is based on the red brush.
The recipe decoction of the red brush is. Need the dry root of the plant. It is ground, put into a pan and mix with half a liter of boiling water. The mixture must boil on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Then the pan should wrap a blanket or towel and leave for 30 minutes. Every day eat half a Cup of decoction 2-3 times before eating. In the period of menstruation should take a break.
Prevention and prognosis
Endometriosis of the bladder in women can easily be prevented with the help of these preventive measures:
- To maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Do not abuse alcohol, to stop Smoking.
- To get rid of excess weight.
- To eat rationally, to establish metabolism.
- Twice a year to pass inspection at the gynecologist and urologist.
- To avoid abortion and to not bring diseases of the genitourinary system.
Timely diagnosis and timely initiation of therapy can completely cure the disease. If you do not stop the disease from proliferating endometrium can grow into a malignant tumor of the urinary bladder and lead to infertility. The prognosis for patients who are planning a pregnancy, in case of recovery, favourable to conception and childbearing doesn’t matter.