Pull the lower abdomen and frequent urination: causes in women and men
A condition in which pulls the lower abdomen and frequent urination, there is in itself only when people get hypothermic. If the symptoms appears again, it indicates the development in the body pathologies, the causes of which can be varied. Therefore it is important not to pull and to turn to the specialist who will establish the factors and prescribe the required treatment.
The causes of pathology
Disorders in the urinary system
Abdominal pain when urinating due to such problems in the urinary system:
- Urethritis — inflammation of the urethra. Is observed frequent urination, urine becomes turbid, sometimes with the admixtures of pus and blood.
- Tumors in the genitourinary system.
- Urolithiasis. Sometimes there is red urine because the stones when driving through the urethra injure its walls, causing pain and bleeding. Sometimes it develops hyperthermia and appear aching pain in the left side.
- Overactive bladder. No additional symptoms, the patient has only increased the need for evacuation and severe pain in the process. Emptying sometimes happens involuntarily due to the sudden urge.
- Narrowing of the urethra, which is caused by congenital or acquired anomalies.
Why cuts and aches in the abdomen in women?
Aching pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination in women is due to the following reasons:
Cystitis — inflammation of the bladder cavity. Accompanied by pain during urination, false desires and the presence in the urine of blood and pus.
- Vaginitis — inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina, which occurs due to infections transmitted through sexual contact, deterioration of the immune system, imbalance in the hormonal background and effects on the vaginal mucosa.
- Endometritis — inflammation of the lining of the uterus. Characterized as a painful urination, and delays in it.
- Salpingitis — inflammation of fallopian tubes.
- Myoma of the uterus. The patient experience aching pain in the abdomen, frequent urge to urinate and often there are uterine bleeding which lead to anemia due to the increased number of lost blood.
- Thrush. There is not only a stinging when urinating, and discharge from the urethra, aching pain in the abdomen left and right.
- Cystocele — prolapse of the bladder into the vagina. With the slightest straining occurs involuntary leakage of urine, for example, when sneezing or laughing. Often prolapse of the bladder develops in tandem with the prolapse of other organs in the pelvis.
Causes in men
Frequent urination and lower abdominal pain in men appear with such pathologies:
- Urethritis — inflammation of the walls of the urethral canal. The disease is most frequently diagnosed in men than in women, because of the peculiarities of structure of organs of the urogenital system. During urination the pain of a cutting nature, there is a burning sensation. Sometimes there is discharge from the urethral canal and purulent urine visible impurities.
- Disorders in the prostate gland.
- Inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. After urination the pain is weakening, but make themselves known with a new urge.
- Candidiasis. Observed painful urination, itching, burning and discharge.
Pain right and left lower abdomen and frequent urination provokes a number of physiological factors:
- the use of sharp, spicy, salty and sour food;
- the abuse of alcoholic beverages;
- frequent stress and nervous tension;
- the period of pregnancy;
- a few hours after freezing.
State when aches and pain in lower abdomen and urge to urinate more frequent, has a number of additional symptoms:
- pain when urinating;
- pain after urination;
- pain and pain in the left side of the abdomen;
- the pain left in the abdomen;
- strong pain in the lumbar region;
- discomfort and discomfort in the bladder cavity.
Frequent urination and abdominal pain require immediate visit to a specialist who will establish the cause. Because of inflammation in the urogenital system often spill over into the chronic form, it is important to promptly diagnose and appoint treatment. After a detailed survey of the patient, the doctor prescribes the following studies:
- ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs and urinary system;
- vaginal and urethral channel;
- General analysis of blood;
- General study of urine;
- polymerase chain reaction for the presence of infections.
Treatment pulling pain in the abdomen and frequent urination
Treat aching and dragging pain in the abdomen, accompanied by urinary uchenymi impulses, based on what has caused the development of pathology. Therapy can be both surgical and conservative. For example, in the case of cystitis specialists assigned to the reception of such medicines: antibiotics, antiseptics and sulfa drugs. Conservative therapy is also used when urethritis and prostatitis.
If a strong heaviness in the abdomen provoked by kidney stone disease, therapy is determined depending on what chemical composition observed in the rocks. In addition, often, the stones have resorted to surgery. Indications for surgery are polyps and urethral canal, and neoplasms of different nature in the bladder or prostate gland.
In addition to treatment with medicines, doctors prescribe a special diet, the purpose of which is the exclusion from the diet food serving irritant of the mucous membrane of the bladder. Patients should not use hot, spicy, salty, fatty and smoked food. To eliminate from the diet need canned food, pickles, marinades and foods.
Treatment during pregnancy
When pathological processes occur during pregnancy, special attention should be paid to the selection of medicines. Some drugs can be very harmful to the unborn baby. During a yeast infection, for example, pregnant women are prescribed in most cases, medicines for local use. In cases of cystitis used drugs that have already been tested and whose safety is not in doubt. It is important to remember that you should not self-medicate. Assign the desired drug and its true the daily dose can only the doctor based on the individual characteristics of each patient.
In order to prevent abdominal pain and frequent urination, the doctors recommended to stick to simple rules. The first is the timely emptying of the bladder cavity. It is important to prevent prolonged containment in her urine. You also need to keep track of personal hygiene. Need to be dealt with and drinking regime. Per day should drink at least 2 liters of fluid, including not only drinking water but all fluids entering the body (entrees, juices, fruit drinks, teas). It is not recommended to abuse of alcoholic and caffeinergotamine drinks, strong tea, spicy and canned food.