Pain when urinating and urine with blood in women, men: causes
Often, people have seen a discharge of blood while urinating (hematuria) and pain. The reasons for this pathology is various and testify to violations in the activities of the genitourinary system and kidneys. To determine the presence of blood in urine as possible using visual inspection and in the laboratory. By visual inspection there is a bright red urine, due to the presence of red blood cells. In the same laboratory examined the particles are red blood cells that are invisible to the naked eye.
Why develop a pathology?
Blood appears in the urine of urolithiasis. This is due to the fact that the stones trigger pain and cause injury during the procedures on the urinary channels, is when a person urinates. The reason is considered and certain medication and foods that provoke failures in the acid balance of urine. Blood when urinating in women and men, as well as severe pain, develop and by displacement of the urethral canal due to what causes kidney work and the bladder. Subsequently scarring, adhesions and neoplasms in the urinary tract, which is the blood, mixing the output of urine. There is pain during urination due to renal colic, in which patients feel a sharp pain attacks that give in the groin.
It is important to say that the use of certain medications colors the urine a bright color which many take for spotting. The color of the urine is affected and used as a food coloring products, for example, beets or carrots. This is not an indication that blood is a body inside, and do not require treatment. The absence of pain proof.
Itching, lower abdominal pain after urinating and during urination and blood in the urine indicate the development of cystitis (inflammation in the bladder). While urinary urgency frequent and occur every half hour, and the patient feels that the bladder cavity is not emptied until the end. Often cystitis provokes bleeding. When urinating blood and pain are symptoms of urethritis (inflammation of the walls of the urethral canal), gonorrhoea and chlamydia. The patient has back pain in the kidney and there is a small amount of mucous secretions.
Factors that trigger pathology in women
Trigger frequent painful urination and a condition where blood clots are highlighted in women following reasons:
- Inflammation of the vagina, for example, a yeast infection. Emptying when it is accompanied by pain and burning, are discharge, having a bad smell.
- Pyelonephritis. The patient feels pain before urinating, and in the end of the process. The pain are observed in the back, give in the groin.
- Of sexually transmitted infections and sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, herpes). Urine blood and pain in the stomach under such conditions quite often.
- Complications from infections. Painful urination often develop after, for example, influenza or purulent tonsillitis. The patient can observe spotting with clots, lower abdomen often pulls and urination becomes more frequent.
Causes of in men
Pain and blood when urinating in men appear for these States:
- urogenitalny tuberculosis;
- diseases of a sexual nature;
- tumors in the prostate.
Urine with blood in the abdominal pain and often has other symptoms:
- pain in the urethral canal;
- pain in the testicles;
- blood in urine in men with a burning sensation in the head of the penis;
- pain in the groin;
- frequent urinary urges and blood secretion;
- pain in the side;
- burning near the pubis;
- excessive bleeding;
- once the burning sensation in the penis (morning or evening);
- turbid urine blood impurities;
- aching pain in the abdomen;
- the concentrated color of urine.
What to do when blood in the urine and pain during urination? First and foremost, it is important to consult a specialist who will prescribe examination. The main task of diagnosis is the determination of the causes that triggered the spotting and pain. For starters, the patient is examined by a gynecologist, an urologist or a proctologist, then issued a direction to the following study:
- General analysis of urine and blood.
- Polymerase chain reaction and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of sexually transmitted infections.
- Smear on the flora (in women).
- The scraping of the urethra on the cultures (in men).
- The study of urine on Nichiporenko (sometimes).
- Cystoscopy (examination of the bladder on the inside with an endoscope).
- Ultrasound examination of small pelvis organs.
- Magnetic resonance imaging.
What to do when the pain during urination and urine with blood?
A condition where pain in right side and urine is observed with the release of blood requires immediate medical intervention. In cases where there is no possibility to quickly seek medical help, it is important to resort to first aid directed to the relief of pain. It is recommended to take an antispasmodic drug, for example, «no-silos» or «Ketanol», and drink plenty of fluids in order the kidneys are unable to fight infectious processes. Suggest to drink water or juice and avoid drinking strong tea and coffee. When the pain and blood in the urine is caused by inflammation or infections, it is strictly forbidden to attach a heating pad. High temperatures will warm affected area and increase cramps.
Therapy the condition when it hurts to urinate and there are blood in the urine, which aims to eliminate the factor that caused the pathology. To get rid of the infection, the doctors regulate the drinking regime of the patient because of excessive drinking urinary cavity often is filled with urine and goes out of her bacteria. Resorted to using the pad, applying it to the bottom of the peritoneum, but only with prior authorization of the doctor.
Treat cystitis need with the help of antibiotics, antiseptics and sulfonamides. As the main drugs often use «Europrofit». The drug has a good antimicrobial action and active ingredients that help normalize bowel movements and kidney function. To the patient it is important to observe bed rest and avoid hypothermia. Also adjustments should be made and diet, which excludes all food, serving a bladder irritant. For example, you will need to refuse hot, spicy and smoked food.
The elimination of the consequences of stones
If bleeding and painful to urinate due to kidney stones, the treatment of doctor determine depending on what the chemical composition is observed in concretions. The patient will also need to observe a diet that appoints the expert, and to exclude from the products menu, which includes oxalic and phosphoric acid. Often for getting rid of the stones surgery.
The solution for prostatitis
When the disease has developed due to inflammation of the prostate, the patient will have the use of muscle relaxants, antibiotics and drugs affecting muscle tissue of the prostate and relaxing them in the process which the normal outflow of urine and semen. Used for these purposes, «Vitaprost» and «Prostamol». You need to remember that the therapy is prescribed individually for each patient depending on the individual characteristics of his body. The drug and the correct dose may prescribe only doctor.