Pain after urination in women, men: causes
Cramps and pain after urinating in women and men is a symptom of some diseases of the urinary system. Patients is very painful to write or there is gnawing pain in the abdomen after urination, urine visible spotting, always want to the toilet, there is pain in the right side. In this case, you cannot take painkillers. You should consult a doctor and undergo tests to identify the cause.
Possible causes of pain after urination
Heaviness in the abdomen in men and women, pink highlight and a sharp pain when passing urine ― signs of the inflammatory process of the urogenital system.
Pain after urination in men and women manifestation of the disease one of the organs of the urinary system. Each illness has characteristic symptoms, but pain is common to most of them. Therefore, for accurate diagnosis is necessary to consult a specialist, to indicate related symptoms and pass a comprehensive examination by the doctor.
Painful urination in men
Pains are accompanied by such pathology:
Prostatitis. The cause of the disease ― infection of the prostate. Often, microorganisms in urine die, but under such conditions as stress, trauma, weak immune system, the protective functions of the organism are reduced. With men there is a sharp pain in the prostate, bridle, strong cutting pain in the testicles, shortness of painful urination.
- Phimosis. This pathology is characterized by a stricture of the foreskin under the influence of pathogenic bacteria. Develops due to infections in injuries or if the patient neglects the rules of personal hygiene. The man complains of pain in the head, disturbance of outflow of urine, pain in the penis.
Discomfort in women
Discomfort after urination in women is a manifestation of such disease:
- Candidiasis. To pathology leads the fungus Candida. Infection occurs during sexual intercourse. In the case of candidiasis, women worry about sharp pain irritated genital, cramps in the vagina. The process of urination is particularly painful.
- Cystitis ― inflammation of majevica. More common in the beautiful half of humanity. In women, pain in lower abdomen after urinating, there remained a feeling, as if mocevic not fully drained, it is often desirable to pass urine, from the urethra in women allocated blood.
- Endometriosis of majevica. Mocevic acquires uterine endometrium. Signs are considered to be pain in the uterus, burning sensation during urination, blood in the urine, after urinating, a stomach ache.
Diseases that cause pain after urination regardless of gender:
- Urolithiasis. The stones formed in any part of the urinary system. If the stones are in mocovice, the patient observed pain after urination and the urine is excreted with blood (hematuria). If this pain on my left side or right, or the patient is convinced that he has renal pain, it is assumed the presence of stones in them (requires additional testing). Women may feel aches the uterus, as it is in the immediate vicinity of the inflamed majevica.
- Urethritis. Pain at end of urination in women and men occurs due to inflammation in the urethra. Strong, debilitating pain in urethra and discharge of blood ― the sign of acute course of the disease. Burning pain indicates a chronic process.
- Chlamydia. Venereal disease that affects the urinary tract.
- Trichomoniasis. Provokes a complication of vaginitis and cervicitis in women, resulting in abdominal pain. Men with this infection suffer from urethritis and prostatitis, which sore head, prostate, pain in the groin. Frequent urge to urinate, but little urine comes out, literally drops, as it does not have time to accumulate due to frequent visits to the bathroom.
Pain in children
If the child complains that it hurts to write at the end of urination, immediate need to go to the hospital. This symptom is inherent in such pathologies as:
- Cystitis. Often diagnosed in children, is a common complication of SARS.
- Pyelonephritis. You need to pay attention to the kidneys. If the child has pain in the side, frequent urination, but the urine excreted is literally drop, it may indicate inflammation in the kidneys.
- Urolithiasis. This diagnosis explains why the urine of the child is sometimes bad, with a strong concentration, but it contains blood and pus.
- Pathology of the urethra. The boys found a congenital narrowing of the urethra, which violates the outflow of urine, there is pain during and after urination.
- If a girl feels discomfort after urinating and there was blood in the urine, this can be caused by inflammation, allergies, and disregard for the rules of hygiene in cleaning.
Depending on the type of pathology, in addition to pain, may experience the following symptoms:
- the increase in body temperature;
- pain in the lower back;
- low concentration of urine (poorly painted);
- vaginal/urethral discharge;
- swelling of the genitals;
- traces of blood on the toilet paper.
If you have any symptoms indicating pathology of the genitourinary system, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor. In any case, do not try to fix the problem on their own.
To determine what provokes the patient’s pain at the end urinating, a doctor prescribes such methods of examination:
- A blood test. The increase in leukocyte count and ESR indicates the presence of inflammation.
- Smear from the urethra. Identifies infectious diseases.
- The analysis of urine. Indicates the status of the kidneys.
- The blood level of sex hormones in women.
- Ultrasound. Shows the General condition of the kidneys and majevica, inflammation, neoplasms.
- CT. Thanks to the layered visualization of all organs of the genitourinary system manages to identification and preparation of the slightest deviation from the norm.
Treatment of pathology
After diagnosis the doctor prescribes the necessary treatment. To eliminate the pain after urinating, apply antispasmodics, allowing to improve the General condition of the patient and to allow free outflow of urine. Anti-inflammatory drugs eliminate unpleasant symptoms of disease and inflammation. Antibacterial therapy is an important component, without which, in most cases, therapy will be ineffective. Antibiotics eliminate the infection ― the cause of the disease. In extreme cases, when there is a tumor causing abdominal pain, surgical intervention is performed.
Treatment should be accompanied by diet. Requires complete abstinence from alcohol, carbonated drinks, fatty, fried foods, marinades, spices, spices. Food should be simple, with minimal amount of salt. If the cause of disease has become inflammation, a diet need to keep for some time after recovery. It is strongly recommended to stop Smoking.