Laser treatment of urinary incontinence in women.
With the problem of urinary incontinence medicine struggled medically or surgically until recently. But now more and more popular method is laser treatment. The undeniable advantages of modern technology are simplicity, rapidity, and painlessness. But like any other methods, laser correction has its drawbacks, which will be described below.
Depending on the manifested symptoms, doctors distinguish the common types of incontinence in women, to cure which is possible through laser therapy:
- The so-called stress, which causes intra-abdominal pressure due to coughing, sneezing, laughing, sexual intercourse, physical activity and other everyday activities. This type is the initial stage of the problem.
- Urgent, in which lightning there is an irresistible urge to use the toilet. But mocevic a little full, but it’s hard to react in time, as the process of urination is almost uncontrollable.
- Mixed type — there is a combination of 1st and 2nd type of illness.
- Bedwetting (enuresis) is characterized by frequent urination directly night.
More recently, the most common methods of treatment were bladder training techniques including:
- made schedule of urination, which had to follow, and restrain the desires;
- conducted exercises for toning the pelvic floor muscles (Kegel workout);
- the impact of physiotherapy (diathermy, electromagnetic pulses and microcurrents);
- drug treatment (mainly antispasmodics and antidepressants);
- surgical intervention when conservative methods are powerless.
Today, women prefer to turn to new techniques such as laser correction. Laser treatment — an effective method in case of incontinence caused by stress. Indications for the use of laser treatment to be stress incontinence of urine, atony of the muscular tissue of the pelvic floor, prevention of stress urinary incontinence.
The essence of laser surgery
The essence of the procedure involves laser treatment of the walls of the vagina and the urinary canal. Introduced into the vagina special metal hollow flask with vertical ribs (manipula) and inside coating the laser head. In order to study the vaginal walls, the flask turn in a circle, applying laser pulses. Used erbium laser, which has a thermo-mechanical effect on tissue laser waves. Waves act to the stretched collagen fibers that become shorter and tighter. The heat emitted by a laser stimulates the growth of new structures, which form a new layer of collagen. The result is tissue tighten and acquire elasticity, developed area is reduced, increased support of the bladder, fade the signs of stress urinary incontinence.
The pros of the treatment
Briefly about the advantages of laser treatment:
Unconditional advantages are simplicity and speed: patient does not require special training because the procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, often in 2 stages of 20 minutes. The session options are approved by the doctor individually, taking into account temperature sensitivity, for each patient separately. After surgery need time to recover, because the procedure does not affect the performance, and sexual activities can be resumed after 3-7 days. Data from the international experts predict that more than 90% of patients confirmed the efficacy and the effectiveness of the method.
Contraindications for laser treatment of female urinary incontinence
Before the purpose of this procedure is compulsory comprehensive medical examination and the testimony of the doctor. The effect of laser is contraindicated in pregnancy, diabetes, infectious inflammatory processes, cancer, acute and chronic dermatological diseases, blood disorders, hypersensitivity. Not getting laser pulses on damaged surfaces. The procedure is not carried out the omission of the walls of the vagina 3rd degree, partial or complete prolapse of the uterus, if there is a predisposition to incorrect formation of the connective tissue, tumors, and bleeding. This method does not apply to patients whose age above 60 years.
Urinary incontinence is a disease, so there’s no shame in telling your doctor. At first symptoms it is important to seek help, because over time the problem may only get worse. Medicine does not stand still, developing new methods of treatment, such method is laser therapy. If there are no medical contraindications, then this method is exactly what is needed for women’s health.