Kidney pyelectasis in adults and children: treatment, symptoms, causes
Pathology, which is characterized by anatomical increase in the renal pelvis, is called pyelectasis kidney. The pelvis is a place that collects urine from the kidneys, subsequently traveling to the ureters. Pyelectasia kidney disease — dependent and disease pathology says the violations in the activities of the bodies that participate in the flow of urine.
Classification of pathology according to severity in adults
Why develop an increase in the pelvis of the kidney in adults? In the renal calyx collects and recycles the liquid that enters the body, it then enters the pelvis where it becomes urine. Due to certain processes urine can not in the full amount to move in the ureter, causing renal pelvis becomes stretched and forms (in norm — slit). The condition rarely resolves on its own. Extensions of the pelvis can be divided into the following degrees:
- lightweight (does not require therapy, enough systematic visits to specialist);
- average (implies systematic observation of the body using ultrasound and medication);
- heavy (requires the use of surgical intervention to prevent cessation of the functioning of the kidneys).
Forms of development of pathology
Pathology is divided on the basis of what factors caused the expansion of the pelvis of the kidney, into the following types:
Congenital pyelectasis. Is divided into dynamic and organic. To the organic form include intrauterine pathology of the child, which the renal pelvis develop abnormally. Dynamic appearance often occurs in neurogenic disorders of the urinary tract, which provoked a decrease in urethral channel.
- Purchased pyelectasis or hydronephrosis. Classified as congenital, dynamic and organic form. Dynamic for pathology develops in cases of infection, hormonal disturbances and the appearance of tumors of a different nature. Against this background, patients experience increased urine production. The organic form of disease, occurs due to inflammation causing a narrowing of the ureter which causes kidney stone disease, and later prolapse of the kidney.
Bilateral and unilateral pathology
Expanded renal pelvis is divided depending on the extent of involvement of the parties:
- Bilateral pyelectasis. The extension occurred in two pelvis. Bilateral pyelectasis occurs most often in children.
- Unilateral (right-sided pyelectasis, pyelectasis and a left solitary kidney). The extension observed in the same basin.
Causes of kidney pyeloectasia
There are the following reasons for the pyeloectasia:
- Innate dynamic:
- narrowing of the lumen of the urethra;
- phimosis (the inability outcrops glans body);
- the valves in the urethra;
- neurological disorders, triggering disorders of the urinary process.
- Acquired dynamic:
- hormonal disturbances;
- disease, provoking the increase in the volume of urine;
- inflammatory processes in the kidneys;
- infection, accompanied by poisoning of the body;
- tumors in the urethra and prostate gland;
- a narrowing of the urethra due to injury or inflammatory diseases;
- tumors in the prostate benign nature.
- Congenital organic:
- pathology in the structure of the kidney, causing pressure on the ureter;
- pathology of the upper urinary tract;
- pathology of the structure of the ureter.
- Purchased organic:
- inflammation of urethra and adjacent organs;
- tumors in the urinary system;
- tumors of any nature in the nearby organs;
- displacement of the kidneys;
Symptoms of pyeloectasia
Extensions of the renal pelvis occur without symptoms. Often pathology of the long period not an effect and does not cause any inconvenience. Pyelectasis in adults, most cases are diagnosed during the surveys conducted to determine other diseases. With the pyeloectasia experience the following symptoms:
- The narrowing of the mouth of the ureter, which is formed spherical and cystic intravesical protrusion of the ureter.
- The confluence of the ureter into the urethra (in men) and vagina (in women).
- Return current of urine from the bladder cavity back into the kidney through the ureter.
- The expansion of the ureter, which is accompanied by disturbances in the excretion.
Pyelectasis in children
Experts believe that mild pyelectasis of the right kidney is more common in children than pyelectasis in both kidneys and pyelectasis on the left. Often, the pathology is diagnosed in male children. Speaking about infants, pyelectasis usually is a congenital and is caused by abnormalities in the structure of the ureter and other urinary organs. It often happens that the pathology was independently up to 2 years, however, if after growing up pyelectasis persists, the child should systematically take ultrasound which shows echo pattern extensions.
Factors, influencing the development of the pyeloectasia in children:
- pathology in fetal development, which provoke the appearance of the valve in the urethra;
- weakened muscle tone (in cases of prematurity);
- by displacement of the ureter;
- violation active bladder due to neurogenic factors (e.g., overcrowding of the bladder cavity).
Pyelectasis during pregnancy
State when expanded renal pelvis in pregnant women, causing pressure on the ureter enlarged uterus (can be hit and renal calyx). However, this is not the only reason to develop pyelectasis may due to irregularities in the hormonal background. Pyelectasis of the left kidney diagnosed during pregnancy is several times rarer than the right. Call pathology «passing» because it can disappear by itself without the use of medical procedures. This happens after a woman gives birth.
It should be noted that in diagnosing the pyeloectasia in pregnancy it is important to determine exactly developed an anomaly because of the situation or started a little earlier pregnancy. In pathology do not resort to abortion, however, if the pyelectasis has chronic, it can seriously affect future childbirth. Due to this factor, the permissibility of pregnancy with chronic pathology can be determined only after having conducted proper survey and studied the condition of the kidneys.
Threat kidney pyelectasis in adults due to the factors that provoke it. Broken exit of urine from the kidneys if not treated in time provokes a squeezing, then atrophy of the tissues of the body. Because of this, the kidney starts to function worse, often leads to complete failure. Pathology can provoke the development of chronic and acute pyelonephritis (inflammation of kidney and cups), which has a detrimental effect on the body. That is why if you suspect an pyelectasis should not pull from going to the doctor and undergo all the necessary research in order to find out exactly what has caused the appearance of expansion of the pelvis, need to be screened and to start as soon as possible to treat the problem.
The state when increased pelvis in an adult are determined by ultrasound, in which experts are studying the volume of the renal pelvis during and after the urinary process. Additionally investigated echo-pattern and the large size of the pelvis (6 mm and more) and their changes over the coming year, if any. When the size is increased, it means that pyelectasis is progressing. Then the patient will have to pass the urinalysis. If the received data is not enough, resort to additional methods of examination including urography (x-ray method of investigation of urinary tract, which is based on the ability of the kidneys to excrete certain radiopaque substances introduced into the body previously) and cystography (x-ray method of research, the aim of which is obtaining images of the bladder cavity with filled contrast agent).
Treatment of pyeloectasia
Pyelectasis kidney is not a disease, therefore, direct treatment is not possible. Treats specialist the factor which became a cause of the expansion of the pelvis. If an abnormality occurs due to congenital abnormalities, it can pass itself by age two, a toddler. If not, sometimes, eliminate the pathology quickly. However is surgery only in those situations where the extension is dangerous to health and may cause serious damage to the body. Patients with mild or moderate severity often missing footage from the doctor who monitors for the pyeloectasia in ultrasonography and developing symptoms.
Treat enlarged size of the pelvis with surgery only in severe cases. Surgical intervention is determined on the basis of what it entailed pyelectasis. If the fault was the narrowing of the mouth of the ureter, experts have resorted to the establishment in this framework, allowing to expand the passage. If pathology develops due to kidney stone disease, is assigned operational or medical therapy that is determined by the severity of conditions. Often resort to crushing of stones using ultrasound.
When the pathology provoked infection, doctors prescribe antibiotics to fight the pathogens. Often dilated renal pelvis was observed in a pair of inflammation, therefore, is assigned the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It is important to note that you should not self-medicate. The right therapy, medications and their dosage can be prescribed only by the attending physician after a thorough examination of the body.
Diet with the pyeloectasia
To the patient it is important to observe a diet, which prescribes a specialist. Bias in dietary placed on reducing the amount of consumed protein (up to 60 grams per day) and increase fats and carbohydrates. Special attention should be paid to limit the intake of salt, canned goods, cereals, pasta, chocolate, mushrooms, pickles. It is recommended to eat lean types of meat and fish that are steamed or boiled. To add to the diet will not prevent more vegetables.
2-sided pyelectasis assumes control the amount of fluids you drink. To calculate the daily rate is as follows: 30 milliliters of liquid falls on 1 kg of patient weight. For example, the patient whose weight is 65 kilograms, per day need to drink about 2 liters of fluid. In the calculation it is necessary to take not only drinking water, but also soups, teas, juices and decoctions of herbs.
Therapy of folk remedies
Pyelectasis of the right and left allows patients to drink such herbal teas:
- You will need to take a spoonful of Adonis, nettle, oats, field horsetail and bearberry, 3 tablespoons of dried birch leaves. Plants mix well, measure out 2 tablespoons and add them to the thermos, leaving to infuse for 12 hours. To use the resulting broth need 50 grams 4 times a day.
- You will need 3 tablespoons of dandelion roots, juniper and birch leaves. Plants also need to mix, measure out 2 tablespoons and insist in a thermos for 12 hours.
To protect yourself from a condition in which there is widening of the pelvis of the kidney in adults, it is recommended to observe some simple rules, the first of which is the timely treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system. It is important to avoid drinking large amount of fluids if urinary system problems, and it can not cope with so many. During pregnancy should carefully observe a healthy lifestyle and regularly visiting doctor. When a person leads a sedentary lifestyle, you need every day to perform simple workout in order to avoid stagnation in the kidney. In addition, it is important to prevent hypothermia, which have a negative impact on the activities of the authority.