Involuntary urination in women and men: causes, treatment
Process caused by malfunction of the urinary system, specifically the inability to control the bowel movement, is called involuntary urination. The symptom is characteristic of many diseases and may occur in any person of any age, but often is diagnosed in women in old age.
Spontaneous excretion of urine is divided into the following types:
- Urgent type of urine output. Caused by strong contractions of the bladder muscles. Urgent urination is characterized by the fact that the patient appears dramatically urinary urge.
- Night. Uncontrollable excretion of urine takes place at night.
- Stress. Characterized by malfunctions of the sphincter of the bladder, causing urine when you laugh or sneeze.
- Mixed. Characterized by the presence of several of the above types. The patient may be incontinent of urine at night and when coughing.
The causes spontaneous urination
Experts identify a number of factors, for which there is involuntary release of urine in women and men:
- infections of the genitourinary system;
- toxicity of the genitourinary system, for example, due to alcohol abuse;
- surgical intervention in the pelvic area;
- diseases neurological;
- the use of sedative medicines;
- nervous tension.
Involuntary release of urine in men
Male spontaneous secretion of urine is diagnosed much less frequently than women. This is due to the gender difference in the structure of the urinary system. It often happens that the involuntary release of urine in men appears for the following reasons:
- prostate cancers;
- prostate adenoma;
- prostate surgery;
- stressful situation;
- neurological diseases;
- infection in the urethra;
- brain injury;
- the use of certain medications.
Imperative urination carry a number of inconveniences. Spontaneously excreted urine may even when you laugh, sneeze or cough. However, men do not pay these symptoms due attention and rarely seek help to the doctor, hoping the problem will resolve itself. This is a serious misconception, as it is important to quickly diagnose the origin of spontaneous urination, and determine the treatment regimen in order to avoid complications.
Involuntary release of urine in women
Involuntary release of urine in women is observed quite often. To the etiological causes of such condition include:
- Climax. At this time, the body decreases the production of estrogen, which affects organs in particular, and in genitourinary system.
- His advanced age. Elderly women muscle tone of the bladder cavity is weakened, allowing full retention of urine is not possible. Urine may be displayed even while laughing or coughing.
- Pregnancy several fruits.
- Surgical intervention in the pelvic organs.
- Injury of the pelvis.
- Removal of the uterus.
- Childbirth (during which there were complications).
- Injury to the brain and spinal cord.
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects.
- Chronic inflammation of the bladder.
- The persistent cough.
- Diseases of the Central nervous system.
The treatment of incontinence of urine
The treatment of involuntary urination is assigned depending on the reasons that caused the pathology. Therapy of medications is often effective. Once the specialist survey, appoints the necessary examination and a diagnosis, the patient is assigned drugs-agonists, which increase muscle tone of the sphincter of the bladder. The most common drugs are «Spasmex», «Westar» and «Detrusitol». There are cases where treatment with medication has been ineffective, then the doctor prescribed surgery.
Treatment of folk remedies
Folk healers recommend to treat involuntary urination with the help of various herbs. Recipes from involuntary urination, there are many, most popular of which is tincture of fennel. For its preparation you will need a spoon of dried dill crushed in a mortar and pour in a thermos. Then add the Cup of boiling water and infuse the liquid for 2 hours. To apply tincture should be on an empty stomach before bedtime for 14 days.
Common in the treatment of involuntary urination and sage. To prepare from it it is necessary to take 3 tablespoons of sage, pour them into a liter of water and 5 minutes to boil. Then the liquid infuse for 2 hours and strain through a sieve or cheesecloth. The resulting infusion is necessary to take several times a day. To prepare sage tea and you need 50 grams of plant to add to a liter of hot water, pour into thermos and leave for 2 hours. Make the tea should be 3 times a day before meals.
In addition to drug treatment and folk remedies, experts often recommend using and exercise who invented the Kegel. In his studies stated that the urinary incontinence develops due to the weakening of muscle tone of the pelvic floor. Exercise helps not only to have a random urine and improves blood flow to the muscles of the perineum. Consider the 3 most effective exercises:
- First, the patient will need to find the location of the pubic-coccygeal muscles. This is done by the arbitrary termination of urination. After the discovery of the muscles of the patient need to lie on your back in a comfortable position and to periodically relax and stretch the muscle. In the early stages of the exercise should be about 10 times, every day increasing the run to 50.
- The algorithm of actions is the same as in the first exercise, but the relaxation and tension of the pubic-coccygeal muscles need to perform at a higher speed.
- The mechanism of implementation remains the same as in the above exercise, with the exception that the muscle contraction should be done in a very slow mode. It is likely that the first time the exercise will not work to do it right, but after a few attempts it should work.
The use of the pessary
A pessary is a medical device which is made of rubber. The patient will need to enter it into the vagina up to the cervix, that have generated additional pressure on the walls of the urethra, helps to maintain the muscle wall. The pessary gives you the opportunity to keep the urethra closed, making urination when walking and during exercise does not occur. To use medical device, you need to constantly.
Prevention of involuntary urination
To avoid the appearance of spontaneous voiding, the person is important to quit Smoking or at least reduce the number of cigarettes and to refrain from drinking alcohol, as these substances irritate the bladder. Doctors recommend to lead an active lifestyle and stick to moderate physical activity, not forgetting to perform Kegel exercises to strengthen muscle tone. You need to reduce the amount of food per day of liquid and review is used medicines. In cases when drugs were found that influence the development of the involuntary allocation of urine, it is important to consult a doctor who will prescribe an analog of medications. In addition, the need from time to time to address to the urologist, which will help in the early stages to identify the pathology.