Increased bladder in men and women: causes, how to reduce
A problem that affects both weak and strong gender — distension of the bladder. The bladder in women is usually smaller than the male. The approximate volume of 250-500 ml. However, sometimes the size can increase. Cases where the bladder is inflated, often experienced by men. The result of fluid retention there is an increase in the bladder, causing inflammation of the prostate gland. Ill experiencing discomfort and pain in the lower abdomen. Also often we are talking about extending functionality, not size, so that the frequency of outflow of fluid is reduced.
The reasons for the increase of the bladder in men and women
Grounds the manifestation of this symptom, like a large bladder, there are many. Most often, the problem originates from pathology in the region of the endocrine system. For example, people suffering from diabetes, are affected by the autonomic nervous sphere, which causes problems in the processes of urination. The liquid is delayed and as a result, the bladder becomes full, and increasing.
- Nervous shock that caused the syndrome of overactive bladder. This is a pretty serious problem that needs to be solved only with the help of specialists and medical intervention.
- Common cause — result of surgical intervention. If the operation has been associated with inflammation, the case is incorrectly installed in the catheter. For example, the kinking of the tube, which cause bladder irritation and swelling. As a consequence, the bladder swells.
- Acute prostatitis. When the prostate is inflamed, the prostate swells, than creates a barrier to the outflow of urine.
- Narrowing (stricture) of the channel of urination, as a consequence of inflammation in the urethra, surgical interventions in the past. The result of the bladder increases.
- The presence of even small stones in the duct that violates the outflow of urine. Due to the small diameter of the channels easily formed a blockage, which contributes to the swelling bladder.
- Any type of tumors. They squeeze the urethra, which mechanically prevents the flow of urine.
- Taking pain, analgesics, sedatives — all of which can provoke a delay of urine in the bladder cavity, whereby it swells.
The problem of the delay of urine when the diseased is unable to empty a crowded enlarged urinary bladder is an acute situation requiring emergency treatment. The patient does not always feel the fullness of bladder. Usually there is a incontinence that is worse at night. It happens that the only symptom of such disease is big belly. Ill also feel discomfort and even pain, experiencing great inconvenience.
Causes and symptoms of cystitis
One of the common causes distention of the bladder is the inflammation. It relates to infectious diseases, sometimes caused by kidney stones or E. coli. The main symptoms of this disease are:
- pain in the area of the channel monotoca;
- the outflow of the urethra in small portions;
- frequent urge to the toilet, but the bladder is not completely emptied;
- burning in the abdomen, not only during, but after urination.
The patient realizes that the urge mostly false, but to endure them. Each visit to a toilet for the patient becomes flour. It often happens spontaneous urine output. The manifestation of initial signs of this disease should immediately seek treatment because the infection will spread, for example, on the kidneys and other internal organs of the urogenital system or develop chronic.
Cystitis is primarily a disease of women. This is due to their anatomical features. It is extremely dangerous because the infection can reach the reproductive organs, including the uterus. Men like the disease develops on the basis of kidney stones, prostatitis and other related diseases. To avoid the development of inflammatory processes, it is important to always be mindful of personal hygiene, to dress warmly.
Diagnosis swelling of the bladder
To determine that the bladder has increased, experts conduct a series of studies. Initially, the analysis of urine, which helps to identify the degree of manifestation of leukocytes and erythrocytes, as well as signs of inflammation. A blood test is used to investigate the presence of pathology in the endocrine field and assess the quality of the kidneys. In the filled state is performed ultrasound of the prostate. With its help doctors identify stones, tumors, inflammation, if any. The patient undergoes cystometry (measure the pressure in the bladder), examined by a neurologist and, if necessary, carry out computer and magnetic resonance tomography.
How to reduce and cure the disease?
Before proceeding to the treatment of the disease, it is necessary to determine the exact source of its origin. Reduce swollen bubble at home very difficult, so going to the doctor is a mandatory safety precaution in such a situation. You need not to eliminate the symptoms, but directly to the source of the disease. So first you need to determine why the bubble swelled, and then, based on this, to schedule the procedure.
- In pathology in the field of the endocrine system will be introduced for correction in the treatment of diabetes.
- If confirmed the presence of stones in the lumen of the urinary tract, will be held to their removal through surgical or ultrasonic interference.
- If it identifies the presence of any tumors, the oncologist will do their doctoring.
- Restored the lumen of the urethra when there are strictures (narrowing). With this purpose, then the area of narrowing or a stent installed.
- In the event of blockage of the catheter is carried out urgently to replace it.
- Then the doctors are working on the resumption of the functionality of the bladder. This process can be accelerated with physical therapy and healing herbs.
Also doctors resort to the use of the catheter. It is installed through the channel of urination. If this is not possible, it is puncture in the abdominal wall and the catheter is placed directly. After surgery, for prevention of violations in the process of urination, the experts will also establish the patient catheter. This helps to ensure that the bladder is not pererastayut and the resumption of sensitivity is much faster.
Techniques that will help improve health at home
- A warm bath or shower. They will help to minimize swelling and a little bit to normalise the process of urination.
- Massage and complete relaxation. You should lie down and allow the muscles to relax.
- Applying heating pads to the area below the belly.
- Correction food.
You should avoid spicy, salty, pickled foods. You can not eat chocolate, crisps, takeaway food, to eliminate a variety of spices and condiments, sweets. Such food makes the normal process of exchange of body fluids. As for drinks, the consumption of liquids should be kept to a minimum, this includes a strong tea. Alcohol also should be avoided at all. To include in your diet various salads and green vegetables. You need to eat cabbage, apples, pineapples, garlic and onions. Also very useful are eggs and lean meats.
The manifestation of symptoms must be a reason for visiting the doctor. It specialist can carry out a correct diagnostic procedure on the basis of which it will determine the quality of the scheme of assistance. Proposed methods for home use aimed at temporary improvement of health and relief from the symptoms but not treating the root causes of the disease.