Horsetail cystitis: useful properties and contraindications
Since ancient times, horsetail was considered a medicinal herb. Especially often used horsetail for the treatment of cystitis. This plant reduces inflammation and is an excellent diuretic. It is recommended for internal and external use in the form of decoctions and compresses. But, like any drug, this herb is contraindicated in some groups.
Composition and useful properties
In the days when all medicine was concentrated in the hands of quacks, people knew that horsetail stops bleeding, reduces inflammation, heals wounds and gives the sick person strength and energy. Modern medicine has confirmed these properties and added to their list a lot of others. For example, horsetail grass:
- will help get rid of atherosclerosis of vessels of heart and brain;
- relieves swelling, removes excess fluid from the body, but does not take the salt;
- normalizes metabolism;
- stops internal bleeding;
- reduces the level of sugar and cholesterol in the blood;
- has a strong diuretic effect;
- strengthens hair and nails;
- stimulates splicing of fractures;
- removes lead from the body;
- boosts the immune system.
All the beneficial properties of horsetail are due to the mass of useful substances in the composition of this herb. The main value that contributes to its pharmacological properties — silicon. Silicic acid and silicates of alkali metals, which are rich in horsetail make this herb particularly beneficial for the cardiovascular system and musculoskeletal system. In addition, twigs horsetail contain:
- tannin and resin;
- zinc, potassium, calcium, iron, iodine;
- ascorbic, oxalic, malic acid;
- of fatty oil.
Eguisetophyta baths and compresses in the treatment of cystitis
Before you start treatment with horsetail, consult a doctor. Sitz bath will help to cope with cystitis and cramps in the bladder. To prepare it, it should be 8 tablespoons of the herb horsetail pour 3 liters of boiling water and insist 2 hours. After this infusion of strain. Prepare a convenient procedure for the pelvis (which you can sit down), pour it into the infusion and add very warm but not boiling water so that the water is not poured after immersion in it. Duration of procedure — 20 min. After that it is necessary to dress warmly, and it is better to go to bed. Go outside immediately after a bath it is impossible (even in summer). To produce the expected result, the procedure was repeated every day for 2 weeks.
To add horsetail tincture to the bath you need 2 liters of water, pour 100 g of plant and infuse for 1 hour. Ready, strained infusion is poured into the half-filled tub. The procedure is performed 20 minutes After the bath is recommended to make a compress to enhance the effect and relieve pain when urinating. Steamed grass horsetail wrapped in plain cloth (flax, cotton) and applied to the lower abdomen. In compress, you can add the flowers of cornflower. After a bath in bed, you need to spend at least 2 hours. Keep the compress until it cools.
Drinks of horsetail cystitis
Horsetail relieves pain and inflammation, and cause cystitis it is indispensable. For internal use prepare a clean infusion or fees:
- Pure decoction of horsetail. 2 tablespoons herb pour a liter of water. Put on fire and bring to boil. Allow to cool and strain. The resulting beverage drink 3 tbsp 4 times a day.
- The infusion of chamomile. Pour into a glass 1 tbsp herbs of horsetail and 1 tbsp. l. chamomile flowers. Fill to the top with boiling water. After the herbs to steep for 10 minutes, the drink is ready to use. Drink it while it’s hot, a glass three times a day.
- Collection juniper. We need to take 2 parts juniper, birch leaves, bearberry leaves, 1 part herb horsetail and Burnet root. The resulting Cathedral mix thoroughly. Then, 1 tbsp. l. collection pour 1 tbsp. of cold water and leave for 6 hours. Thereafter, the infusion should be cook for 15 min. Ready broth filter and drink ¼ Cup 4 times a day.
- If the disease is accompanied by stones in the bladder, it is recommended that the next gathering. Take 2 parts leaves, cranberries and root of Wheatgrass, and 1 part herb horsetail and leaves of tansy. 1 tablespoon of the resulting collection pour into a thermos, pour ¼ liter of water and let stand 45 min. Strained infusion take 1 tbsp 2 times a day.
- A combined decoction. To make the gathering of the 2 parts of the valves of the pods of beans and knotweed, 3 parts of flowers of cornflower flowers and elder grassy and 4 parts herb horsetail and oat straw. 4 tbsp. l. collection pour a liter of raw water and leave overnight. In the morning bring to boil and cook for 10 min. Drink 1 tbsp. of the decoction on an empty stomach, and the rest is divided into 4 parts and drink during the day in an hour after a meal.
Overdose horsetail leads to inflammation of the renal parenchyma.
Despite the many useful properties of horsetail grass, this tool has a number of contraindications:
- Allergy, individual intolerance;
- cardiovascular disease;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- poor blood clotting;
- inflammatory processes in kidney (nephritis, pyelonephritis, etc.);
- increased function of the thyroid gland.
Often, hearing about the possibility of the self-treatment of cystitis homem, people accept herbal teas and baths are doing, relying only on themselves and their knowledge. Unfortunately, numerous side effects confirm the danger of self-medication. To the use of medicinal herbs was really useful, you need to consult with your doctor. Only a doctor can recommend the most appropriate prescription and dosage with the attendant diseases.