Furadonin diuretic or not: composition, side effects
The question that often ask patients, «Furadonin» a diuretic or not? The drug has nothing to dioretikam, has antimicrobial effect and has no effect on the excretory function of the kidneys. Because of the reception simultaneously with the cure of a large volume of fluid may mistakenly think that «Furadonin» performs the function of diuretic, but in reality it is not.
The composition, shape, storage, shelf life
«Furadonin» (internationally known as «Nitrofurantoin») — an antimicrobial agent that is assigned primarily for urological infectious diseases. A key element in its structure — nitrofurantoin. Besides him, there are auxiliary substances: calcium stearate, colloidal silica and potato starch. The medicine is made in the form of tablets, enteric-coated shell, suspensions and powders. The shelf life is 4 years. It is necessary to store the drug protected from light and moisture, at temperatures not exceeding 25 °C.
Pharmacological action of the drug due to the ability to disrupt the metabolism of bacteria, inhibiting protein synthesis, which leads to the destruction of the shell and the death of harmful microorganisms. Most effective «Furadonin» against microbes E. coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Giardia, Streptococcus, Klebsiella, Shigella, and other similar, positive and negative test gram.
Recommendations for use Furadonina as a diuretic
«Furadonin» recommended to use to eliminate infections and inflammations of the urinary tract and kidneys (cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, pyelitis, etc.) or prevent infection in urological examination (cystoscopy and such methods bladder catheterization), and operations. When you receive a sufficient volume of fluid is manifested diuretic effect.
«Furadonin» is not included in the group of diuretics, so it is not used as the only diuretic.
The drug is not assigned:
- patients with prolonged disease (hepatitis, renal failure, heart failure, 2 and 3 degrees, porphyria, liver cirrhosis);
- pregnant and nursing (the substance is distributed in tissues and body fluids, there is a possibility of the child hemolytic anemia);
- hypersensitive to the components of the tool;
- children under the age of 1 month;
- for women using estrogen-containing contraceptives (suppress intestinal flora and reduces the absorption of estrogen than reduces contraception).
Side effects of the use of «Furadonina»
Probable side effects:
- indigestion — a feeling of nausea, vomiting, anorexia;
- nervous disorders — vertigo (dizziness), drowsiness, cephalalgia (headache);
- respiratory disorders — cough, chest pain, in people with asthma possible asthma attacks;
- disorder of hemopoiesis (hematopoiesis) — anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, granulocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- other — dermatitis, myalgia, fever, Allergy, anaphylactic shock, superinfection of the urinary tract.
Dosage and duration of treatment, overdose
Adults recommended «Furadonin» 3-4 times in 24 hours 0.1—0.15 Max per day is 0.6 g, one-time drug — to 0.3 g. In the case of acute infection, the course of therapy — from 7 to 10 days. For the prevention against the recurrence of the daily dose is calculated dependent on the body weight of the patient, and is 1-2 mg/kg Duration of such therapy is from 3 to 12 months depending on the complexity of the disease.
For children «Furadonin» you can take no more than 3-5 mg/kg / day, the dose should be divided into 3-4 reception. Not recommended for children under 6 years of age. In order to avoid negative effects of the drug should be taken during or after eating, squeezed more liquid. In case of overdose the main symptom is vomiting. To reduce content in the body you need to drink more fluids to increase the diuretic effect. Effective dialysis.
«Furadonin» in interaction with other drugs and alcohol
The use of antacids, which includes trisilikat magnesium, and alekseevoj acid reduces the antibacterial effectiveness of the drug. Unacceptable combination with fluoroquinolones. Agents that block kanalzeva the allocation, prevent the concentration of nitrofurantoin in urine, reducing the antibacterial effect, and increase the toxicity of the drug by increasing its concentration in the blood. Alcohol during therapy may lead to a negative effect in the form of tachycardia, demotion AD, shortness of breath. Alcohol and «Furadonin» increase the toxicity of each other.