Frequent urination in women: causes, treatment, symptoms
Diseases of the genitourinary system faced both sexes. But frequent urination in women occurs with greater probability due to the peculiarities of physiology and predisposition. If impulses do not cause pain or discomfort, in rare cases, it has drawn particular attention, which greatly complicates subsequently, the process of diagnosis and treatment.
Frequent painless urination in women — a deviation or norm?
Frequent urination in women without pain occurs for several reasons, which can be combined into the following groups:
|Group deviations||precipitating causes|
|Physiological characteristics||hypothermia, diuretics, stress.|
|Hormonal changes women||
|Endocrine disorders||very frequent urination is diabetes, while the feeling of thirst and itchy skin.|
|Inflammation or infection of the urinary system||cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, and thrush. Frequent urination occurs when the disease has not yet manifested itself in symptoms and the incubation period passes.|
As a rule, for a healthy person, the daily rate of flow up to 7 times, the delay fluid in the body — about 4 times. More frequent painless urination should be alerted. It is important to pay attention to the color, consistency of urine: if there is blood impurities, sediment or sand, and to see what it can be connected.
Causes of frequent urination in the night
Night urination in the toilet to 2 times are not a deviation. The most common cause of frequent urination — fluid intake in large quantities (alcohol, coffee, green tea) before bedtime or taking medications with a diuretic effect. But if during sleep there is a desire to urinate much more frequently and non-trivial case, then surely there are problems with the cardiovascular system. For this pathology in the morning and in the afternoon there is a swelling, which in the dream is gradually fading away, which leads to the excretion of fluid. During pregnancy, girls may occasionally bother bloating and sometimes frequent urination.
Frequent urination with pain and symptoms
In case of inflammation or infection, usually occurs frequent urination in women with pain. Discomfort occur with the direct emptying of the bladder and during the day in different parts of the abdomen and back, accompanied by fever, General malaise, weakness.
Older women permanent more frequent urination can be associated with uterine myoma.
The main diseases and their symptoms:
- Urethritis — inflammation of the urethra, accompanied by itching and burning, and purulent or mucous secretions. The main cause is gonorrhea or chlamydia, the aggravation of the salt diathesis (accumulation in the kidney newevidence salts), less hypothermia.
- Cystitis — frequent urination in women, disturbing a sharp pain in the urethra and a constant feeling that the bladder is not emptied completely. In acute inflammation may last for several days, the temperature to 37.5 degrees, and in the urine visible blood impurities. To relieve the condition, it is recommended to drink plenty of fluids.
- Pyelonephritis — pain sensation when the person urinates, due to the inflammatory process in the kidneys, which is characterized by aching pain in the lumbar region, high body temperature, sweating, nausea and weakness. Inflammation of the kidneys suggests that through the urethra into the bladder infiltrated bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus, Escherichia coli).
- More frequent urination with a yeast infection — also quite a common problem for any modern girl on the background of a weakened immune system, hormonal imbalance, stress, poor diet. This disease is characteristic cheesy discharge, burning, itching, pain during intercourse.
When it’s time to see a doctor?
Despite the fact that the symptom in the form of frequent urination can be attributed to completely different groups of diseases, there is a list of signs to find that, you need to contact the experts:
- General weakness, painful condition;
- lower back pain or lower abdomen;
- high temperature;
- nausea and lack of appetite;
- swelling because of fluid retention or, conversely, increase the amount of urination;
- copious bloody or purulent discharge from the genitals;
- constant itching, cramps and burning sensation when urinating.
If at least one of the symptoms described above are concerned, when you pee, it is a sign of immediate treatment to the doctor and receive necessary treatment. This issue can come to the therapist, the gynecologist, the endocrinologist, the nephrologist or urologist. During the external examination the doctor can detect the presence of edema, condition of skin, as well as to clarify the details of the disease based on the patient’s complaints.
Diagnosis and treatment
To schedule a treatment, your doctor will direct tests:
- A blood test that will show the presence of inflammation in the body, glucose, creatinine, uric acid.
- Indicators of urine (red blood cells, white blood cells, protein in urine) indicate inflammatory process in the bladder or kidneys, the presence of salts that the body can not bring.
- Urogenital smear Cytology, determining whether diseases of the urinary system causing frequent urination pain or blood. The presence of high titers of a pathogen means that, first of all, you need to cure this infection.
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs, kidneys and adrenal glands, uterus and ovaries. This procedure will give the ability to eliminate tumors and changes of the walls and tissues. To do ultrasound of the ovaries and uterus is recommended at least once a year.
If necessary, the doctor prescribes physiotherapy, such as:
- ultrahigh-frequency therapy;
- ozone therapy (with recurrent cystitis).
Depending on what happened in the tests, the doctor develops a specific treatment plan. Cystitis, urethritis and pyelonephritis destination is the same: a course of antibiotics up to 10 days («Palin», «Furadonin», «Monural»), aimed at the elimination of inflammation, and tablets, aimed at restoring the immune system, urogenital microflora.
The sexually transmitted disease, is also treated with antibiotics (fluconazole, «Ofloxacin»), but it is important to select the agent to which the pathogen is sensitive. Frequent urination in menopause can be corrected by hormone replacement therapy, which ensures that people get rid of the problem.
With diabetes are appointed antidiabetic medications to reduce the glucose level in the blood, and nutrition insulin or the ineffectiveness of diet and other drugs. Sometimes, the doctor advises to get rid of excess weight. Kidney stones treated with extracorporeal shock wave therapy or medication that can dissolve small stones and bring them painless in a natural way.
For fast elimination of harmful microorganisms in the acute period of frequent urination it is recommended to drink plenty of liquids up to 3 liters of fluid. It is better to use special medicinal herbs. Folk remedies to eliminate the causes of frequent urination not enough. The most common and effective herbal methods are presented below:
- To treat cystitis or urethritis are several tools: root, rose hips, cowberry leaves, yarrow and Heather. And the collection of chamomile flowers, black poplar buds, peppermint, and horsetail. Cooking is easy: 1-2 tablespoons of dry ingredients, pour the Cup of boiling water and infuse for half an hour to 2 hours. Then, the infusion should be taken in the course of the day several times.
- A pleasant method of removing sand and toxic substances from the kidneys is watermelon. This product has a diuretic effect. In this case, the dosages are not, here, the principle «the more, the better.»
- The infusion of untreated oats, roots and leaves of parsley, corn silk, grape stems, carrot and beet fresh juice — these components contribute to the breakdown of small stones in the kidneys and alleviate painful urination.
- Normalize hormones during menopause will help drop or upland uterus red brush, or a decoction of these herbs. A tincture of alcohol used at 15-30 drops three times a day, and herbal teas — half a Cup 3-4 times a day.
It is not recommended to self-medicate with traditional methods: intake of herbal decoctions helps to reduce pain and stop inflammation for a short time and require long-term use (up to 3 months). It is better to consult the expert assistance for quick diagnosis and effective treatment for frequent urination.