Frequent urination during pregnancy: symptoms, causes
In the period of carrying a child women face many inconveniences of a temporary nature. These include: frequent urination during pregnancy, morning sickness, swelling. Some moms-to-be these States can occur all at once, other moms get off with only frequent visits to the toilet. Usually frequent urination is considered a natural condition, but in some cases it is accompanied by painful symptoms that are considered inappropriate during pregnancy.
Where can be the problem?
Given the fact that the body of each woman is an individual, internal changes that occur with pregnancy can affect not all moms-to-be. Some girls feel discomfort with an interesting situation, others carry them on the second or third trimester of pregnancy, and others experience the discomfort as much as 9 months immediately before childbirth. In rare cases, the entire period of gestation is generally not accompanied by any problems.
The primary signs of pregnancy known to all, this is delay in menses, nausea in the morning. However, not every girl knows that frequent urination is one of the signs of an interesting situation long before the delay of menstruation. However, this is not always so. Sometimes frequency of urination in the toilet begins only in the later stages. All purely individual, so to answer the question, when this symptom appears, can only be approximate.
In the early stages of pregnancy
In the first trimester of pregnancy the female body undergoes changes associated with metabolic processes, hormonal. Frequent urination in the early stages of the following reasons:
- In the development of placenta in the hormone progesterone relaxes the bladder muscles, whereby the body is unable, as before, to contain the accumulated urine. This leads to chastnosti urinary processes in the early stages of pregnancy.
- In the female body gradually increases in volume of the uterus, which puts pressure on the body, and forcing the future mother more often to pee.
- Possible cause: excessive consumption of foods containing large amounts of salt and spices. Accordingly the woman has to drink plenty of fluids that have a diuretic effect on the body.
In the second trimester
If increased urination chased a woman in the first stage of pregnancy, it is likely that from 13 weeks these inconveniences stop altogether. During this period, the uterus is rapidly growing up from the pelvis of the woman. Therefore, the bladder is freed from pressure, and restores normal urination. The second trimester is the best period when all the inconveniences disappear, including morning sickness, swelling of the extremities, the state of General malaise. Woman relaxes and enjoys his position. If frequent urination in pregnant women continues into the second trimester, it is recommended to be checked for the presence of infection and pathology in the urogenital organs.
In the third trimester
During pregnancy at this stage, the uterus grows to a decent size that puts considerable pressure on adjacent organs, and bladder, including. Besides the fruit in 30-35 weeks of pregnancy becomes larger, its weight increases every day. For the normal development of the kidneys of the fetus requires the additional stress of the maternal organism. Frequent urination during pregnancy third trimester is considered to be the normal physiological need of women in an interesting position.
Why the problem occurs at night?
With pregnancy often comes and daily swelling of the limbs. Excess fluid accumulates during the day in the body of the expectant mother. During sleep, the swelling goes to his feet, and the woman feels an urgent need to urinate. Due to the rapid filling of the bladder have in the night 5 times to pee. That is why pregnant women are constantly complaining to the doctor for chronic sleep deprivation, and sleepiness.
Causes of frequent urination in late pregnancy
Approximately 39 week of pregnancy the fetus descends into the pelvis, preparing for the imminent birth. Due to this reduced pressure on some internal organs, however, increases the kidneys and bladder. During this imaginary felt the constant urge to urinate during pregnancy, the amount of urine may decrease. This is all natural, which are caused by strong pressure on the bladder. In late pregnancy they should not be afraid, they will disappear after birth of the baby.
How to help yourself?
In the case where the frequent urination is annoying and brings inconvenience to the expectant mother, medical doctors recommend to comply with the following rules:
- Limit consumption of foods and drinks diuretic action, these include: melons, cucumbers, tea, fruit and vegetable juices.
- Completely abandon fried and spicy food, salty and sour food.
- With the appearance of swelling of the limbs, it is necessary to limit fluid intake, especially before bedtime. If no swelling, the rate of drinking per day is minimum 2 liters.
- At the first urge not need to hold your pee, just to empty your bladder.
- It is desirable during pregnancy not to travel in long trips, where there is no possibility when you first need to go to the toilet.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing. Try to wear loose underwear made from natural materials.
- If urine leaks, use absorbent pads.
- When the feeling of incomplete liberation of the bladder, it is recommended to change your position sitting in the toilet. You should try to urinate so that the stomach is not squeezing the bladder, and do not interfere with its emptying.
- If a woman wears a bandage, not too tight to squeeze them growing belly.
- If urination accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, you should promptly consult a doctor and be tested. The detection of infection or disease — time to treatment.
Unpleasant symptoms that accompany the problem
There are times that frequent urination during pregnancy first and second trimesters are accompanied by painful symptoms that can be symptoms of urogenital disease and ectopic pregnancy. The most frequent signs of infection:
- itching and burning in the vagina;
- pain and cramps during urination;
- frequent urge to empty the bladder;
- the presence of blood clots in the urine;
- muddy color and odor of urine;
- a rich cheesy discharge from the vagina;
- a slight increase in body temperature.
These symptoms typical of pyelonephritis, bladder inflammation, thrush, vaginitis and other viral infections. If any of the ailments you should immediately start treatment. Your doctor will prescribe the most gentle products that are allowed to use during pregnancy. If time does not cure the urinary infection, bacteria will harm the forming fetus.
Ectopic pregnancy there are such characteristic symptoms:
- in the first weeks, pain in the lower abdomen;
- bleeding from the vagina.
With the appearance of unpleasant symptoms during urination pregnant woman must visit the gynecologist and get tested. The study comes from:
- General clinical analysis of blood;
- smear on flora from the vagina;
- Abdominal ultrasound;
- the abnormal location of the embryo possible laparoscopy.
After the diagnosis and confirmation of the diagnosis it is urgent to begin treatment. The state of pregnancy is forbidden to carry out self-therapy, because your wrong actions can harm the forming fetus. The gynecologist will give advice, prescribe certain medications that will help to cure the disease and prevent relapse.
To prevent the occurrence of inflammation in the bladder during pregnancy, it is recommended to follow some rules:
- drink at least 2 liters of fluid per day;
- timely visit to the toilet, do not endure;
- observe genital hygiene (own and partner);
- wear loose underwear made from natural breathable materials;
- to perform gymnastic exercises to strengthen the bladder and pelvic muscles.
Urination is a natural process, despite the fact that during the period of gestation it will increase. You need to relax and stop treating him as a problem. After the birth, the functioning of all organs come to normal urination will improve, and the woman leaves the constant desire to urinate.