Diuretics in hypertension and heart failure: drugs, herbs
This group of drugs like diuretics for hypertension and heart failure, are always used. They aim to eliminate excess water that causes puffiness and raises blood pressure. Some diuretics for heart failure will help to eliminate the disease, their classification and types, and that means traditional medicine works better than drugs?
Diuretic in diseases of the cardiovascular system are used to reduce high water levels in the body and normalize blood pressure. In acute heart failure is intravenous administration of diuretics, and at HSN, the patient applies the synthetic drugs industry and home-made decoctions and infusions, which is also effective and brings positive results.
The mechanism of action of diuretics in hypertension and heart failure
Diuretic therapy in cardiovascular diseases, heart failure, and edema contributes to the reduction of liquid, which, in excess amounts, it accumulates inside blood vessels. Excessive accumulation of fluid causes the development of arterial hypertension, which is dangerous for the health of the patient. In addition to the pressure of the patient decreases the return of venous blood to the heart. But we must remember that the drugs prescribed by a doctor based on the results of research and analysis. Self-medication and uncontrolled use of diuretics provokes the development of complications and the deterioration of the human condition.
Classification and designation of high blood pressure
Depending on how are these drugs on the body, there are the following types:
- Loop diuretics that are used most often. They cause a diuretic effect, reducing the reverse absorbability of the elements sodium and chlorine, thus increasing the excretion of potassium. This causes a decrease in concentration ability of kidneys, water-intensive output, less swelling.
- Thiazide diuretics, are concentrated in korticalnom Department, not allowed to absorb potassium and sodium. If loop and thiazide diuretics to take control, there is a risk of gipokaliemii, it is dangerous to life and health of the patient. Thiazide diuretics in renal failure do not have the desired effect, so after elimination of the symptoms of the disease they are replaced on the hinge.
- Potassium-sparing provoke the production of sodium, this is a consequence of the delay in the body of potassium. The action takes place at the level of the distal tubules, where the exchange of such elements in the cells of the tissues.
- Osmotic drugs affect the structure of urine therapy for heart disease is not bring effect.
- The carbonic anhydrase inhibitors reduce the active properties of the enzyme, which causes a decreased production of carbonic acid. As a result, the absorption of sodium ions decreases and water is discharged.
All the drugs that are a product of artificial industry, divided into groups depending on how potent the effect will have on the body during heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to remember that independent selection and use of drugs dangerous to the patient. Diuretics appoint only the doctor after receiving the results of tests and diagnostic tests.
Strong exposure in cardiac edema
Potent diuretic medications of this group eliminate signs of heart disease, take them as orally and intravenously. Representative of this group of «Furosemide». To stop the decompensation of a chronic process, the patient ascribes a diuretic in pill form. They need to drink every day, but under a special scheme, but at least 4 times a week. If a person detects such symptoms, diuretics are haraam:
- atrophy of the tissues of the kidneys, which is accompanied by the absence of urine in the bladder;
- failures of fluid balance and electrolytes in the body;
- by lowering sodium in the blood.
Diuretics of this type upset the balance of fluid and electrolytes in the body. Before the appointment means the doctor warns the patient about the risk of development of symptoms such as:
- vascular collapse, which develops when the decrease in the volume of blood in the body;
- the arrhythmia and convulsions, the appearance of which indicates a lack of elements of magnesium and potassium;
- thromboembolism, which is manifested on the background of increasing viscous properties of blood;
- illness on the neurological part.
Average a diuretic for the heart
Diuretics average degree of action used as an auxiliary medication for severe edemas and heart disease, as well as for the treatment of heart disease, which the disease became chronic. Representatives of this group are «Indapamide», «Hydrochlorothiazide», «Chlorthalidone». The drug, once ingested, begins the action of 45-60 minutes, the exposure duration 8-24 hours, it depends on the condition and severity of the disease. If the cores happen acute attacks, the dosage of the drug is allowed to increase, but in chronic disease increase the number of doses is impossible, so how are these consequences:
- Decreases the amount of potassium and magnesium in the blood.
- Increases the level of calcium and urea.
- Lowered blood pressure.
- Patients concerned about dizziness, pain, nausea and fatigue.
- Symptoms of dyspepsia.
- In the blood glucose, so patients with diabetes to take medicines cautiously.
- Bother the symptoms of arrhythmia.
This group of drugs refers to kaliysberegayuschimi diuretic, has ulterior diuretic effect. Often indicated for use in the treatment of long chronic cardiovascular disease (CHF). Not apply in acute stroke and severe deterioration. The representative of this group, «Triamterene» and pill «Spironolactone». If the treatment include diuretics from different groups, you will be able to lower the risk of development of violations of water-electrolyte balance, but then it is necessary to monitor the level fluctuations in potassium and magnesium ions.
Folk remedies and herbs for cores
Natural diuretics not worse than synthetic cope with bouts of heart failure and of CHF, chronic administration to reduce the risk of relapses. Frequently used diuretic herbs in heart failure, from them prepare infusions, tinctures and decoctions. These funds have a diuretic effect and help to eliminate the symptoms of the disease. Effective properties of such infusions and decoctions:
The infusion of the birch buds. Take 1 tbsp. l. kidney, juniper and leaves of horsetail, connect, place in a teapot and pour the brim with boiling water. Let stand for 2-3 hours, after to drink half a Cup 4 times a day.
- An infusion of yarrow. 1 tbsp dried and chopped herbs pour boiling water, capacity wrap and let stand in a warm place. Take half a Cup 2-3 times a day.
- The infusion of succession, peppermint and yarrow. Chop herbs, place in a thermos and pour boiling water. After 3-4 hours, drink 1/3 glass before each meal.
Cardiac glycosides are drugs based on plants of digitalis, the seed of stratana and berries of Lily of the valley. The glycosides manage to achieve what the heart more strongly reduced, which is important for failure and the development of asthma. But we must remember that these drugs are toxic and uncontrolled use is dangerous for life.Infusions and decoctions of herbs help to relieve the symptoms of the disease, thus sparing effect on the body. But you need to remember that before using folk remedies you need to consult a doctor, because self-treatment causes side effects, some of them life-threatening.
The development of resistance
Often chronic administration of diuretic drugs in humans develop resistance and then the therapy becomes ineffective. Allocated with medications the urine decreases, increasing the symptoms of fluid retention, proyavlyaet swelling and deterioration of health. This situation is dangerous during a heart attack, because you cannot reduce the pressure and liquid level in the vessels. The causes of this situation are:
- reduction of blood fluidity, resulting in reduced intravascular volume;
- reverse absorption of sodium;
- when neurohormonal activation;
- from-for disorders of the kidneys is reduced tubular secretion;
- decreased blood supply to the tissues of the kidneys;
- problems with the absorption of drugs;
- violation of medical diet and drinking large quantities of salt.
To prevent serious consequences and deal with resistance to dioretikam, you need to follow the diet and water and salt balance, adjust the regimen of medicines, change the way of taking the drug, to monitor the work of the kidneys, to comply with all recommendations of your doctor. Diuretics help to remove the symptoms of disease, facilitate the work of the cardiovascular system, but do not treat the root cause.