Diuretics if intracranial pressure: herbs, drugs
There are different opinions about the efficacy of diuretics if intracranial pressure (ICP). Some physicians believe that diuretics do not affect the outflow of cerebrospinal fluid. But as a measure, taking in the complex, diuretics are prescribed in the ICP. With their help, displays the excess fluid from the body, which helps to relieve swelling in his brain and reduce pressure lacovara. For these purposes, use of pharmacy resources and compound with diuretic botanicals.
Help diuretics in the fight against intracranial hypertension?
The brain contains fluid that protects the gray matter from overloads and mechanical impact — CSF. When increased intracranial pressure (ICP) increased pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid into brain tissue, it causes swelling, worsening health. For the treatment of intracranial hypertension is necessary to withdraw the excess water in the body, so use a variety of diuretics. Drugs can normalize the pressure in the subcortex, thus, reduce swelling of brain tissue and relieve the unpleasant symptoms. Diuretics can be divided into conservative drugs of medicine and herbs.
Herbs against intracranial hypertension
In addition to the methods of conservative medicine is often prescribed acceptance of different teas and herbal infusions. Stabilize intracranial pressure such herbs:
- Lavender essential oil in inhalations or when applied in small quantities on the temporal area. Lavender is used in hypertension as a diuretic by the doctor.
- Means based on the flowers of clover with a mild choleretic effect. This diuretic medicinal herb rids the body of toxins, normalizes the stomach, restores the metabolism. Preparation: fill the tank inflorescences, pour rubbing alcohol to the top, to insist 2 weeks in a cool dark place, carefully drain. Use tinctures if to take no more 1st dessert spoons (10ml) per day, throwing a glass of water.
- The herb plantain has a diaphoretic and diuretic, is diuretic, sedative and anti-inflammatory drug. Prepare the broth: boil 0.5 liters of water, add 4 tablespoons of dry leaves of plantain, leave, covered, for a couple of hours.
These folk remedies help to get rid of unpleasant symptoms in intracranial hypertension, but they do not eliminate the immediate cause of its occurrence. It is therefore unacceptable to use only herbs, it is imperative to consult with your doctor about taking other medicines for pain and facilitate the progress of the disease.
The tools that are used for medical treatment of ICP, divided into the following groups:
- Diuretics («Diacarb», «Glycerol», «Furosemide»). The principle of operation is similar with herbal diuretic formulas from intracranial pressure.
- Vasoactive drugs (magnesium sulfate, magnesium sulfate) have a strong effect that helps reduce intracranial pressure.
- Pain pills and injections, including non-steroidal («Nimesil», «Ketonal», «Treximet»).
Independent selection of funds from ICP prohibited.
The most mentioned means of specific, different features of the application and have contraindications. It is strongly recommended to select a therapeutic regimen ICP alone! Do not self medicate, and may significantly worsen the condition. Treatment should appoint a specialist of appropriate qualifications on the basis of research results.