Diuretic Furazolidone: what cures, contraindications
«Furazolidone» refers to the number of antibacterial drugs, has a pronounced antimicrobial activity. In most cases, is used as a diuretic, but in General has a very broad specialization. Based on the fact that the drug belongs to the group of antibiotics, buy it in a pharmacy on prescription. Available means in the format of tablets: 1 tablet contains 0.05 g of active ingredient of the same name. Alongside him, composed of milk sugar, starch, and calcium stearate. Manufacturer of a diuretic is the Ukrainian company «Halychpharm».
«Furazolidone» —universal antibacterial medication with a diuretic effect.
That cures diuretic «Furazolidone»?
This tool has wide range of applications, but is often prescribed for the treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- infections of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diseases of the urinary system;
- paratyphoid, dysentery or toxic poisoning in children;
- poisoning, burns, wounds (a healing agent).
According to statistics, more often it is a diuretic used for the treatment of cystitis, due to its powerful antibacterial effect, which promotes rapid elimination of the causes of inflammation of the bladder, while not causing harm to the kidneys. This makes the drug more popular than a number of similar drugs.
What does an overdose?
It is forbidden to self-medicate. Regarding the exact dosage and duration of treatment it is important to consult with your doctor. Caution, as taking excessive doses can lead to development of various kinds of toxic lesions of a liver, for example, acute toxic hepatitis. There may be cases of development of polyneuritis. In case of overdose, «Furazolidone» urgently recommended to carry out gastric lavage, take laxatives and enterosorbent. However, do not panic, judging by the reviews of patients, such cases are rare.
«Furazolidone» as a diuretic and as an antibiotic, are endowed with a universal character. But there are a number of contraindications, which avoid the negative consequences should take into account:
- the intolerance of the body to certain components included in the composition of the tablets;
- insufficient amounts of lactose and glucose in the blood of the patient;
- renal or hepatic insufficiency;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- neuropsychiatric disease;
- children under the age year;
- pregnancy — medication is to carry out strictly under the supervision of a physician and only because of the urgent need;
- breast-feeding is strictly forbidden because the mother’s milk will contain the active components of the drug that can cause irreparable harm to the fragile health of the baby;
- management of vehicles (because the drug lowers the ability to concentrate).
As for side effects, citing a range of patient feedback, we can conclude about their insignificant amount. The negative reaction to the diuretic can serve as an allergic reaction, such as, for example, itching or skin rash, and nausea and vomiting. If checked these symptoms, it is important to immediately stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
Compatibility and efficiency
- the drug is incompatible with alcohol;
- without checking with your doctor do not take multiple medicines;
- in order to increase the effectiveness of treatment, it is important to follow a diet that eliminates the consumption of spices, salted and smoked;
- it is recommended to combine with diuretic decoctions of natural origin.
The Equivalent Of «Furazolidone»
There are a number of drugs that have the same application range, which can be prescribed by a doctor for the replacement of Furazolidone due to certain characteristics of the organism. Among them are popular are: «Blacks», «finer», «B-TOL», «Norbaktin», «vis-NOL» and others. The main advantage of the listed drugs is considered a relatively low cost.