Diuretic Britomar: indications, side effects
Many well-known diuretic «Britomar» frees the body of excess fluid, avoiding the nutrients. Despite the high efficiency, «Britomar» has a number of contraindications and negative effects to consider before you start treatment with this medicine. Should not take this diuretic without prescription by specialists.
The description of the drug
Pharmaceutical agent «Britomar» made on the basis of torasemid, which accelerates the urinary excretion of water, chlorine, sodium, and belongs to the group of loop diuretics. It is used by the body’s inability to cope with the excess fluid. After taking the medicine or its components begin to work through the 60 minutes, but in some cases it may take 6 hours. The duration of the therapeutic effect from the use of «Britomart» reaches 10 hours. In addition, the drug has a prolonged effect on the entire body and has minimal impact on acid-alkaline balance.
The composition and form of issue
Effective diuretic «Britomar» is available in the form of tablets with a dosage of 5 and 10 mg, which is placed in a blister plate of 15 pieces. Each carton is 1-2 blisters. Part of the tablets includes:
- dietary Supplement Е412;
- milk sugar;
- dietary Supplement Е572;
- maize starch;
- silicon dioxide colloidal.
Indications and dosage
Assigned pills «Britomar» in specific dosage in accordance with the diagnosis. Thus:
- Hypertension is recommended to take the medicine for 5 mg per day. Receiving medication not depend on eating, swallow tablet whole, with a large volume of water.
- In chronic heart failure, which is accompanied by swelling, is assigned to 10-20 mg per day. At the discretion of the physician can be increased with daily dosage.
- If you have been diagnosed with kidney problems, due to which there was swelling, the patient is recommended to take 20 mg of medication per day. If necessary, the dosage may be increased in 2 times.
- When renal dysfunction and edema during it the patient should take 5-10 mg. prescribers in Parallel, which are aimed at conserving potassium.
- Liver cirrhosis medicine drinking times for 5-10 mg in 24 hours together with diuretic medicines which can delay the body’s potassium.
Experts recommend to abandon the use of a diuretic «Britomar» if someone has diagnosed with following diseases:
- lactase deficiency;
- renal dysfunction, accompanied by the absence of revenues in the bladder of urine;
- crashing in normal absorption of glucose;
- individual hypersensitivity to the drug;
- — hereditary intolerance of galactose.
Overdose diuretic «Britomar»
In the case of non-compliance with recommendations concerning the required dosage, you may experience the following undesirable effects:
- decreases the blood concentration of sodium;
- decreases the volume of blood circulation;
- the increases in plasma a number of red blood cells;
- low blood pressure;
- gipohloremichesky alkalosis.
Frequently after taking a diuretic medication «Britomar» the patient is beginning to worry the following side effects:
- low frequent stools;
- frequent urination;
- redness of the skin of the person;
- bleeding from the nose.
- heart palpitations;
- cramps of lower limbs;
- polyuria during night time;
- pain in the abdomen;
- fatigue and weakness;
- dryness in the mouth;
- flatulence in the intestine;
- felt sick;
- itching and rash on the skin.
When you use «Britomart» as a diuretic it is necessary to consider its interactions with other medicaments. For example, the joint use of this diuretic with hypotensive drugs increases the effects on the body last. Eating together «Britomar» with lithium, increases lithium toxicity. If a diuretic drink in combination with hypoglycemic agents, the action of the latter is much weaker. Interactions with ethacrynic acid increases the ototoxicity of these drugs. «Britomar» increases the toxicity of cardiac glycosides.
Eating for a long time described a diuretic, you need to periodically monitor the body’s electrolyte balance, glucose level, creatinine, and uric acid. In addition, before the beginning of the therapeutic course lead to normal water-salt balance. If the patient has diabetes, it is also recommended to monitor the blood concentration of glucose. It is worth considering that a diuretic «Britomar» has the ability to slow down the reaction, therefore the patient for the entire period of treatment with this medication should refrain from driving vehicles and not to engage in activities that require high concentration.
Storage conditions and dispensing
Described the pharmaceutical preparation is to be stored in original packaging out of reach of children. Manufacturers indicate that the temperature indoors should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius, also the drug should not be exposed to sunlight. Subject to all conditions «Britomar» is kept for 3 years and on expiry does not fit the application. Is released from pharmacies by prescription.