Diseases of the urinary tract in men: treatment, symptoms, causes
Unfortunately, frequently diagnosed diseases of the genitourinary system in men of an infectious nature. This inflammatory process is localized in the urethra, penis, agents penetrate even in the testicles and their appendages, prostate and other organs. Inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system in representatives of a strong half of mankind may end in complete recovery or become chronic, change of periods of exacerbation at the stage of well-being.
Medicine knows many infections of the genitourinary system men, each of which has its own characteristics and treatments. Infectious lesions of the genitourinary system men in medicine are combined into subgroups:
- specific infection that is passed from partner to partner during sex (viruses);
- non-specific, the root of which is considered pathogenic or conditionally pathogenic microflora.
The location of the inflammatory process in men possible:
- urethritis — inflammation of urethra;
- balanitis — inflammation of the penis;
- prostatitis — inflamed prostate gland;
- vesiculitis — disorders of the seminal vesicles;
- cystitis affects the bladder from the inside;
- epididymitis — inflammation in the male testicles;
- orchitis affects the epididymis;
- pyelonephritis: inflammation of the kidneys.
Infections of the genitourinary system in men are of different nature arise. Inflammation often is formed in the lower parts of the system, due to the characteristic features of the male anatomy. The causative agents of such diseases may be different:
- the fungus (Candida);
- virus (e.g., herpes);
- bacteria (chlamydia, Staphylococcus);
- protozoa (e.g., Trichomonas).
The pathogen can be transmitted through contact of mucous membranes of the genital organs, so the most common causes of urinary infection are:
- sex with unfamiliar partners without contraception.
- the presence of sources of chronic or acute infections within the body;
- transmission from women with vaginosis, a sexually transmitted disease.
By the predisposing factors include:
- failure intimate hygiene;
- prolonged stress;
- mechanical injuries of the genital organs;
- abnormal structure of constituents units of the genitourinary system (ureter, urethra);
- the presence of dysbiosis;
- radiation treatment;
- bad habits;
- the violation of the outflow of urine;
- the formation of stones;
- non-compliance with the cleanliness of the foreskin.
Features of the course
Some infectious diseases of men are different than women. The main reason is the different anatomy and physiology of the genitourinary system. Manifestations of such diseases in the male population flows in the form of a burdened and leads to a prolonged treatment. For example, the male urethra is longer than female, almost 4 times that complicates the process of its cure. However, in this case there is also a positive moment: the longer the urethra, the microorganisms are more difficult to get into the bladder or kidneys, as they overcome a long way during which are exposed to the negative influences of the organism.
The main symptoms of diseases of the urogenital tracts in men
The problems of MPs in men occur in three forms: acute, chronic and latent. It happens that the disease is not manifest its signs and therefore may be unnoticed in both adults and children. The main manifestations of inflammation male urinary system differ in the location of the hearth. In this regard, meet local and General modifications, which have such characteristics:
- sharp pain, burning and discomfort in the affected area;
- more frequent urination in the toilet, especially at night;
- lower back pain;
- blood in the urine or the presence of muddy sediment, increased number of lymphocytes;
- incomplete emptying of the urinary reservoir;
- unusual discharge from the urethra, sometimes with pus and an unpleasant odor, rarely with bloody streaks;
- redness on the head of the penis;
- erectile dysfunction, ejaculation;
- acute urinary tract infection may be accompanied by malaise, fever, headache, and nausea;
- sticking exit the urethra;
- acute retention of urine in inflammation of the kidneys, for example.
Accurate diagnosis can not be established only on the symptoms. The doctor definitely makes inspection and survey of the patient, and then assigns a set of diagnostic procedures, the need for which is determined depending on the intended pathology:
- General analysis of blood and urine;
- blood biochemistry;
- smear from the urethra;
- excretory urography;
- MRI, CT SCAN;
- a bacteriological culture on the environment;
- renal scintigraphy;
- a provocation test.
Treatment: get rid of infections properly
Treatment of infections of the urogenital system in men should be started after the identification of the causative agent. But this can not procrastinate, because the causative agent, penetrating into the urinary tract, then it can affect the bladder. If there is no cure for infections, fungal pathogens, germs spread into the prostate, testicles and their appendages. There are several ways to cure the patient, but the most popular remains the traditional medicine and drug therapy.
To provide the necessary support for these men to appoint such drugs who are able to win both primary and recurrent infection:
- antibiotics to restore microflora.
- uroantiseptiki or sulfa means;
- immunomodulators reduced resistance of the organism;
- drugs with lactic acid with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effect (e.g., rectal suppositories) or gels;soap;
- analgesics and antispasmodics to reduce pain;
- antipiretiki at high temperature;
- edema relieve diuretic;
- antihistamines against sensitization;
The chronic form of infections of the urogenital requires that each drug is taken longer than the standard course for a full recovery of the microflora. In more complex cases, surgery to remove the affected portion (for example, if it is difficult to neutralize the germs that caused the inflammation of the urinary tract) to stop the spread of the pathological process.
Folk remedies have long been used for inflammation in the genitourinary system. Medicinal plants are not a complete alternative to traditional medicine, but is able to provide invaluable assistance with infections of the urinary tract, kidneys etc. Treatment of folk remedies includes:
- drinking blueberry or cranberry juice;
- asparagus — the popular tool to deal with different infections;
- tincture of garlic against bacteria;
- eating watermelon;
- a cocktail of celery, pineapple and infusions of chamomile;
- the juice of Apple and banana;
- a decoction of goldenrod herb, licorice root, wheat grass and harrow, bilberry leaves;
- nettle herb is a great diuretic;
- tea made from Echinacea;
- a decoction of horsetail;
- infusion of Althea, or cornflower, and many others.
Basic preventive measures are applied to prevent any disease of the genitourinary system in men includes the following recommendations:
- timely elimination of sources of chronic infections;
- a visit to the doctor at the first symptoms of inflammation;
- be sure to treat anomalies of the urinary canals and ICD;
- anti-infective therapy to produce for both partners;
- not SuperCool;
- to eat right;
- avoid stress;
- to get rid of bad habits;
- practice safe sex;
- observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- to strengthen health sports, Hiking;
- follow the normal work of the intestine.
Prevention is the best way to keep your health and maintain it, while not wasting time and effort going to doctors and taking medication. You must learn to love your body and care for each system and the body separately. Any failure can lead to irreparable consequences, fix that completely is sometimes difficult.