Difficulty urinating in pregnancy treatment
Doctors say that difficulty urinating during pregnancy is a common problem. The following are the causes, symptoms and treatment of this disease. Pregnant women complain of undue frequency of urination at night, pressure on the bladder and discomfort. A common problem is it’s rare urination during pregnancy, odors, poor health. Strangury — a violation of the process of urination, which has a number of symptoms.
- frequent urination in small volumes, wanton desires;
- nagging pain or cramping during or immediately before him;
- the jet may be weak, forked, weak, thin, discontinuous, and it is possible the allocation of drops or spray;
- urinary retention;
- involuntary discharge, urinary incontinence;
- the act of urination is delayed, the urine allocated immediately after attempts;
- hematuria (blood in urine).
What are the causes of difficult urination during pregnancy?
Why a pregnant woman may experience discomfort and difficulties in natural processes? There are pathological and non-pathological factors. You need to consider diseases of women before pregnancy, including chronic, ingestion of inappropriate drugs, hormone disruption, incorrectly prescribed treatment of certain diseases.
Common pathological causes:
- gynecological diseases, acute or chronic diseases of the pelvic organs, urogenital system, increased intra-abdominal pressure;
- injuries of the urethra, damage as a result of medical interventions (cystoscopy, catheterization, surgery);
- pathogenic flora and the presence in the body of specific pathogens (fungi, viruses);
- disorders in the brain, Central nervous system, innervation of the bladder;
- benign and malignant tumors;
The causes of problems also include:
- pregnancy and hormonal changes;
- improper food, irritating the mucous membrane of the bladder, metabolic disorders;
Causes associated with pregnancy
It is possible that the urination is difficult due to individual arrangement of internal organs. As a rule, pregnant strangury appears at 13-14 weeks and often does not disappear until the birth. The fetus grows and creates pressure on the internal organs, interfering with their work. Increases the level of progesterone by stimulating the contraction of the muscles of the bladder, a woman feels the need to urination. Sometimes in pregnant women, there is a «stress incontinence» when there is a sharp move, laugh or cough manifested incontinence. Nothing dangerous in this.
Anxiety symptoms are considered pain, burning sensation, strong urges, which is allocated a small amount of urine. Probably the presence of an infection in the bladder. A complication is the risk of developing kidney disease. A special type of pyelonephritis — gestational — occurs in 12% of pregnant women and occurs often because of the underdevelopment of systems of adaptation. After the first 30 weeks are often the urine can be taken for discharge of amniotic fluid. Increased thirst and, as a result, frequent urination may indicate a development in women of diabetes. In very advanced cases, a premature delivery.
Often problems with urination in pregnancy cause a lot of anxiety. It will help solve a gynecologist or urologist. The doctor will conduct a consultation, examination, carefully palpate the internal organs and will be asked to pass some tests: urinalysis, urine culture on the flora, the General analysis of blood, gynecological smear. Can be assigned to cystoscopy, ultrasound examination of the bladder and kidneys, x-ray of the lumbosacral spine. Only a comprehensive examination will help you understand why difficult urination.
Treatment: features and tips
Difficulty of urination in pregnancy be treated with procedures (compresses, body wraps, enemas and douching), adjustment of the diet. The doctor may prescribe medicines. In severe cases, a catheter for evacuation of fluids or surgery. Help recommended therapeutic exercises, yoga, Hiking. Folk remedies should be applied only after consultation with the doctor: infusions of sage leaves, herbs, juniper berries, drinks from a dogrose juice celery root.