Diet for hemodialysis kidney: food, food, menu
When a person has a pathology in the internal organs, you need to change your lifestyle, habits, diet. Diet for hemodialysis based on the rules of a healthy diet, helps to eliminate unpleasant symptoms, improves overall health of the patient. What guidelines dietary in hemodialysis, what to exclude, and without any product diet will be defective?
Diet and rules for eating during dialysis of kidney
Rules and guidelines of the diet for patients with hemodialysis based on the power supply system No. 7, which is designed for patients with acute renal failure. Diet provides the rate of metabolism and frequency of blood purification in the application of hemodialysis. Food is provided at the time of recovery from disease and after the therapy, when there is a period of adaptation of the patient.
According to the recommendations of the diet № 7, from the diet of patients removed the usual amount of protein, while fats and carbohydrates are not prohibited and remain the same. More than half of the protein advised to take vegetarian food, and animal proteins cooked according to special rules. While diet No. 7 is reduced fluid intake, as kidney failure are not able to process the usual amount, so the number should be no more than 1 litre a day, is better when it is clean water. Prohibited products such as alcohol, beer, soda.
During the diet during dialysis to a minimum is eating dishes that contain potassium. Potassium is not easily excreted by patients by the kidneys, so you need to follow so as not to cause serious complications, and if the permitted dose of this trace element is exceeded, and possible death. You need to monitor the amount of calcium in the diet, as it also gives an additional burden on the kidneys. To balance the balance of these minerals in the body, the doctor assigns special preparations to make and appoint a medical drugs not.
Prepare food without salt, as in the kidney dialysis cannot be used in the usual quantities, for salt the finished dish. If a patient wants to your dishes, add herbs and spices, this can be done only with the permission of the attending physician. When dialysis is excluded from the list diet food that contains potassium, sodium, calcium and oxalic acid. Ready meals are eaten warm, comfortable temperature, food shows fractional, meals should not be less than 6 times a day. When kidney dialysis each individual patient shall be a personal menu based on the health status of the patient and the extent of kidney damage, this stipulates forbidden food.
Chemical composition of the diet
In order for the body to work in normal mode, you need to follow the diet during dialysis, and the chemical composition of the products must be strictly defined. Diet is in collaboration with the attending physician, with the control of quantity of consumed proteins, fats and carbohydrates and other elements, which play an important role in human life. In hemodialysis, the list of chemical composition of food like this:
- proteins weight allowed not less than 60 g per day, while most of the protein you need to get from food of plant origin;
- fats — not less than 100 g per day, 25-30% of which should be plant;
- carbohydrates — not less than 350 g per day, more than half need to sweet food and honey;
- not more than 2,4 g per day need to consume potassium, sodium and calcium;
- strictly regulated amount of liquid, it is forbidden to exceed 1000 ml per day.
You need to remember that teas and other liquids in the form juices, compotes are also liquid, so the drink is included in the total volume of fluids you drink. Completely eliminated alcohol, as it has a toxic effect on the body and impairs kidney function. But if the Doc says you can take a small dose of alcohol, while drunk, the number included in the daily rate of fluid intake. To control weight of the products as accurate as possible, buy electronic kitchen scale, which accurately measures the weight of the dish. And the information on presence in food of proteins, fats and carbohydrates can be obtained from the Internet or to download a special program on the phone.
Recommendations for food
Bread, buns and other flour products can be eaten in limited amounts — not more than 170 g per day. It is recommended to cook this bread as it should be at least of salt. Allowed to eat rye kind of bread is primarily used with liquid soups.
- Broths, broths and soups for dialysis is only allowed on the basis of vegetables. All sorts of meat broths and decoctions prohibited, they should be completely excluded from the diet. Weight daily amount vegetarian soup should not exceed 250 g
- Meat, poultry, fish allowed no more than 100 grams per day, provided that they are meatless varieties. Allowed poultry meat, beef, Turkey, rabbit. Fish is preferable to choose the one which contains the least fat, Pollock, bass, whiting. Meat and fish can be steamed or boiled, then they are slightly fried in a small amount of oil. In the finished dish add the spices that are allowed during kidney dialysis. Products such as sausage, sausages, smoked and salted fish is strictly prohibited.
- Dairy is restricted in the diet, high is 150 g of milk per day, which is preferably added to the finished dish. Permitted and sour cream — no more than 140 g of cottage cheese but can’t eat more than 30 grams per day. In hemodialysis, kidney contraindicated eat cheese as it is rich in salt and protein.
- Cereals are used not more than 200 g per day, preferably of rice and sago. They can be boiled in pure form is as a porridge, you can cook vegetarian pilaf, assorted casseroles. Cereals do not combine with meat dishes.
- Berries and fruits are permitted any, but grapes, apricots, peaches, cherries, currants and bananas should be abandoned. Fruit meals, jelly, stewed fruit, and are eaten raw.
Vegetables you can eat almost everything. Allowed to a day not more than 250 g potatoes, other allowed vegetables can be eaten not more than 400 g. Resolved tomatoes and cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, green onion, carrots. Like spices in the finished dish, you can add dill leaves and parsley. From the menu you need to eliminate legumes, pickled vegetables, spinach, mushrooms. It should be noted that if the diet no specific vegetable, it means it can not be eaten. Vegetables are selected based on the number of allowable trace elements in dialysis is strictly limited.
- Sweet allowed in the form of mousses, jellies, in which there are no strict limits, may be added to the dish of sugar and honey. Not allowed to eat chocolate products, dried fruits and flour products sweet.
- Spices, sauces and dressings are prepared on the basis of sour cream, butter, tomatoes. In the finished dish add citric acid, vanilla. To reduce the amount of pepper, ketchup, mustard. It is forbidden to add in ready meals based dressings mushroom, meat or fish broth.
- From drinks are allowed black tea, weak coffee, fruit and vegetable juices, herbal teas, decoctions and infusions. The drinks are allowed to add sugar and honey. The exception is subject to cocoa.
- Fats and allowed vegetable and butter, the amount of which shall not exceed: vegetable — 60g/day cream — 30 g/day.
Sample diet menu
- Breakfast: rice porridge with sugar and add 50 g milk, black tea.
- Snack: salad of allowed fruits, dressed with sour cream.
- Lunch: soup vegetarian, boiled piece of beef with rye bread, vegetable salad, dressed with oil and herbs.
- Afternoon snack: pudding, brewed on the basis of the allowed fruits.
- Dinner: potatoes, steamed or baked, poached chicken breast with sour cream sauce, salad of fresh vegetables. Before sleep, allowed to drink herbal tea or decoction.
From the menu, it is recommended to exclude foods that contain a lot of phosphorus. If a patient wanted to eat this dish, you first need to consult with your doctor, as self-adjustments in the menu causes serious complications. If the person broke the diet and ate the forbidden food, in this case, the attending doctor is notified that he has made adjustments to the menu and made up a modified program for kidney dialysis.