Atonic bladder: treatment, diagnosis, causes
Regulation of the urethra process is controlled by the nervous system. Atony of the bladder (urinary incontinence) is a consequence of a disruption of the nerve fibers of the spinal cord to the bladder. Because of this loss of tonus of the walls of the body and the ability to hold bladder fluid. This pathology is able to cause the person great discomfort physically and psychologically.
Urination — coordinated act nervous and urinary systems. Uncontrolled urination happens when a full bladder. In its walls there are many nerve receptors for the thin reaction increasing the pressure inside the bubble and signal transmission in the brain. Pulse this corresponds to a simultaneous decrease in the muscles of the bladder and relaxes the sphincter to urinate. In disorders of nerve transmission receptors and muscles of the bladder are unable to promptly respond to the overcrowding on the urine, as a result, the walls stretch and is involuntary urination. It mostly happens when the muscle tension of the abdomen. If the habit of emptying your bladder every 2-3 hours, with time control of urination is again set.
The causes of pathology
Atonic bladder is considered secondary to a pathological process that develops for various reasons. These include:
- chronic effects of bacterial infections (cystitis);
- severe form of pregnancy;
- problems during delivery;
- injury in the lower areas of the spine with spinal cord injury;
- the growth of the hernia or tumor on the spine, in violation of the patency of the nerve fibers;
- diabetes mellitus;
- stressful situation;
- endocrine problems;
- disorders in the prostate;
- the impact of medical drugs on the nervous system;
- catarrhal diseases;
- concretions or sand precipitation in renal authorities;
- age indicators.
The reasons may be complex or to work individually. The pathology is genetic or is a result of injury to the fetus in the embryonic period. Atony often occurs in toddlers, older people and women in the position or in the postpartum period. The people of this group that is most susceptible to incontinence, a common problem is muscle weakness of the organs in the pelvis.
Urinary incontinence in women
Urinary incontinence is often seen in women in the first year after childbirth. This is considered a normal manifestation, which is due to a weakening of the bladder muscles due to substantial loads during the period of waiting for a baby and during birth. This pathology mostly goes away without treatment. To accelerate this process, experts recommend specific exercises that effectively engages the muscles of the pelvic floor. The protracted long-term atony is a cause for referral to a specialist.
Pathology in infants and children
Incontinence in infants and children occurs in disorders in the nervous system. Atony of infants is manifested in leakage of urine in small doses and are characterized by the processes of the pathological nature of the pelvis, touching the nerves. At the age of 2.5 years, control of urination is absent, and the process of emptying is reflex way.
The specific symptoms depend on the damaged muscle Department. Atony of the sphincter of the urinary channel is characterized by the uncontrolled secretion of urine, atony of the muscles of the bladder wall characterized by the tension of the pelvic muscles during urination. Often, symptoms with any type of atony:
- heaviness in the lower areas of the belly, growing in clusters bladder of fluid;
- the output of urine in small portions, while increasing pressure on the stomach;
- no urge to urination;
- the inability to hold urine during strong muscle strain of the abdomen;
- large amounts of urine.
Diagnosis of bladder atony
When you detect the first signs of pathology should immediately seek the advice of a specialist. To identify the root causes of disease and the prescription of effective therapy, the doctor will determine the stages of the survey. It includes:
- General analysis of urine;
- ultrasonic research of organs of the urogenital and urinary system;
- computed tomography (CT);
- possible specialist advice another profile (neurologist, gynecologist, surgeon, etc.).
The main focus of therapy seems to strengthen the pelvic muscles and restore control over the process of urination. Therapy consists of the following stages:
- exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles (Kegel exercises);
- exercise for bringing the tone of skeletal muscles to maintain the spine and spinal cord (swimming);
- diet involves the exclusion of foods that irritate the bladder;
- compiling and running the skeleton of urine;
- the use of drugs ― antidepressants to calm the nervous system and medicines to support muscle tone;
- mechanical action (installation of a catheter, pessary);
- surgical intervention if conservative treatment does not bring favorable effects.
Therapy of folk remedies
There are many different techniques in the treatment of incontinence. They are aimed at strengthening the entire body, to fight inflammation and have beneficial effects on the nervous system. Choice of any vegetable component should specify with your doctor in order to avoid negative consequences. Recommended to use the strained decoctions of these herbal ingredients:
- pumpkin seeds;
- roots of Opuntia;
- dill seeds;
- club are club-shaped;
- shepherd’s purse.
Preventive measures atony of the bladder consist of the prevention of processes leading to the problem. These include:
- personal hygiene;
- avoidance of hypothermia;
- timely and proper treatment of infectious diseases;
- performing muscle strengthening exercises;
- adherence to proper nutrition.
Mostly integrated therapy helps in resolving the pathology of urinary incontinence, however, there are cases not amenable to treatment. In such situations, the event aims to familiarize the patient with how to live with this disease. Today there are a number of specific hygiene products that allow you not to worry atony of the bladder.