A feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder: treatment, symptoms, causes
Healthy urinary bladder in humans does not cause any unpleasant symptoms. But if there is a feeling of a full bladder — it is a sign of serious pathologies of the urinary system. Such feelings interfere with the normal flow of human life, it can be accompanied by more unpleasant manifestations, such as incontinence or acute pain. Therefore, it is important to know what does feeling like the bladder is filled.
The process of urine excretion
The bladder of a person is capable of holding 300 ml of urine for 5 hours. The wall body is covered with receptors, which send signals to the center, which is responsible for urination. It is located in the sacral region of the spinal cord. This area is controlled by the activity of the bladder through stimulation via the parasympathetic nerve fibers. Under the influence of signals from the nerves of the wall gradually tense up, and the sphincters of the body, on the contrary, relax, emptying the bladder, that is, at this point, the urine goes from the bladder to the outside.
Reasons for feeling crowded bladder
As noted above, the bladder is able to hold 300 ml of urine. If it builds up this amount, a person has the feeling of a full bladder, as the pressure on the walls increases. It is very will want to urinate. But there are several factors that interfere with the normal excretion of urine, and, consequently, cause discomfort in the bladder:
- the diseases associated with inflammatory processes in the tissues of the urinary system: cystitis, urethritis;
- the diseases associated with inflammatory processes of neighboring organs that spread to the bladder (it may not be urine, but the feeling seems to be that it is not): pyelonephritis, enterocolitis, pelvioperitonit, inflammation of the Appendix;
- prostatitis and prostate adenoma (in this condition it presses on the urethra);
- diseases of the genitourinary system in women: a chronic adnexitis, myoma, endometritis, ovarian tumors;
- kidney stones, which affects the bladder wall — the presence of stones does not allow him to end blank;
- tumors of any kind;
- problems with the spinal cord: multiple sclerosis, sciatica, spinal hernias;
- congenital impaired nerve conduction of the bladder causing the increased urinary function;
- excessive reduction of the lumen of the urethra;
- the decline in contractile function of the walls and bladder muscles, which make it impossible to complete the reduction when urinating;
- problems with the chair, constipation, during which filled the intestine excessively compresses the bladder.
Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder and associated symptoms
Feeling of full bladder after urination accompanied by other unpleasant sensations:
- constantly arising pain that increases when performing the probing of the abdomen, active movements, lifting heavy;
- bouts of severe pain in the lumbar region, characteristic of kidney stones;
- a feeling of heaviness and overflow in the abdomen;
- cramps in the process of emitting the urine;
- fever, heat;
- changed the composition of the urine;
- involuntary frequent urination or trouble in order to defecate;
- the appearance of blood in urine.
Possible complications due to incomplete emptying of the
Incomplete emptying of the bladder in the cavity is formed the stagnation of urine. Very often this balance provokes a constant oppressive sensations and feelings that mocevic crowded. In addition, the stagnant urine, it begins to develop bacteria and pathogens that affect the bladder and the urethra. And, therefore, the result is cystitis. If the inflammation rises in urinary tract and reach the kidneys, a person will develop more and pyelonephritis. Whatever feelings the person may arise, it is crucial to seek medical care, otherwise there is a chance to start a progressive disease.
What are the typical signs to diagnose disease?
As to provoke a feeling, as if the body is full, capable of a large number of diseases, it is necessary to undergo a full diagnosis before prescribing treatment. In the diagnosis takes into account not only the available patient symptoms, but also diseases of any nature that he was sick before, gender and age. According to statistics, women are more susceptible to diseases of the genitourinary system.
Inflammation of the urinary system
With the development of the inflammatory process in the urogenital tract the most common diseases — cystitis and urethritis. If you do not pay attention to sense filling of the bladder and other symptoms, disease flow into pyelonephritis. Most common in women because of physiological features. Characteristic manifestations of the inflammatory process:
- pain in the abdomen;
- burning and cramps when urinating;
- temperature rise;
- clouding of urine and the appearance of a whitish hue.
Prostatitis and BPH are always accompanied by an increase in body in size (swelling). Swelling provokes pressure on the urethra, urine is harder to go outside and a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder. The main indications prostatitis:
- pain in the abdomen;
- weak, intermittent stream, when a man celebrating small need;
- involuntary leakage of some amount of urine.
Also swelling and such symptoms are characteristic for the development of impotence. If the patient has BPH, these earlier signs will be added and weight loss, and long time fever. In addition to prostate tumors, the tumors can occur in other organs of the urogenital system. The appearance of blood in urine is a signal that the early development of bladder cancer.
Diseases related to gynecology
Of emptying of the bladder indicate the presence or onset of adnexitis. A characteristic symptom of this disease is increase in body temperature and constant pain pulling character in the abdomen. Pain is often unilateral, but there are two sides at the same time. From the urethra is observed is not typical for a healthy person secretions.
The formation of stones
The inability to fully empty the bladder is a manifestation of narrowing of the lumen of the urinary tract. Quite often, the paths clogged with stones of different origin. This problem is accompanied by sharp pains and sometimes acute attacks in the lower back, burning sensation in the urinary tract. Kidney stones require immediate treatment, and therefore, the appearance of the first symptomatic manifestations of the patient should consult a doctor.
Feeling of fullness is caused by damage to the nerves responsible for urinary function — neurogenic bladder. The violation of innervation of the bladder of the patient is accompanied by problems with the exit of urine out because it breaks down the very functioning of the bladder. The problems of passing signals from the nerves appear because of severe diabetes.
If the disturbed innervation of other organs of the urogenital system, they affect the performance of the urinary function. Body not able to produce sufficient reductions in order to fully emptied. Because of this, the cavity filled with remnants of urine. Such effects cause:
- multiple sclerosis;
- lesions in the spinal cord;
- hernia, compressing the spinal cord.
Because of slackness of the bladder is not only not emptied until the end, and even begins to stretch. This process is not accompanied by pain due to the fact that the increase in size is gradual, and the impulses of the nervous system practically does not pass through the body or do not exist. Thus, even if the body strongly stretched, the patient regularly monitors a small amount of discharge from the urinary tract.
In the list of diagnostic events, which are subject to passage of a patient, includes:
- urinalysis and cultures done;
- General analysis of blood;
- ultrasonography (USG) agencies such as the kidneys, bladder, prostate (male), ovaries (female);
- cystoscopy — to examine the condition of the mucous membrane of the bladder.
If the patient has ambiguous results of the analyses assigned different procedures for detailed examination and precise diagnosis. For these purposes, conduct magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT), scintigraphy, x-ray of the urinary tract with contrast. After all research is completed and the doctor has the benefit of the results, he diagnoses the patient and prescribes the necessary treatment.
Treatment constant feeling of filling
Treatment is appointed individually for each patient, depending on the manifested symptoms of diseases and causes feeling of the filled bladder. The basic rule of therapy of any disease — the execution of all physician orders and the scheme of reception of medicines. In the presence of infection bacterial type to the patient prescribe antibiotics in combination with anti-inflammatory drugs. Occur spasms of the muscles is removed with the help of antispasmodics and relaxing means. Severe pain the patient is given painkillers. When the problem lies in the conductivity of the nervous system, apply sedatives. Sometimes you need to resort to surgery because if the tumor or stones larger than a certain size cannot be cured conservatively.