A cyst of the bladder in women and men: the treatment
Regardless of age, cyst the bladder causing trouble and is diagnosed in men and women. The disease often develops in the urinary duct, which is called urachus. Cyst of urachus may be formed during intrauterine development, when the urinary duct is closed and the cavity is formed. It can accumulate feces and urine. The cyst is the cavity of accumulated fluid. According to statistics, this disease is more typical for men. Women suffer from cyst several times smaller.
At the beginning of the development of the disease the cyst is small in size. But in the case of germs and bacteria it can grow up to 15 centimeters. Treatment of cysts is carried out only by a specialist. Self-medicate, a person can only complicate the situation and lead to complications. Modern medicine diagnoses the cyst with the help of modern technology, and specialist assigns correct treatment.
The causes of the disease
Modern medicine currently have not determined exactly why the cyst of urachus affects the urinary organs. Doctors believe that the main cause of illness and birth defects. But this reason is not supported by scientific and medical facts. Therefore, doctors can not predict the time of onset of the disease and preventive measures.
Cyst symptoms bladder
During the initial development of urachus cyst has no symptoms. So professionals is quite difficult to diagnose the disease at early stages. Only when the cyst reaches a large size the doctor by palpation to determine the disease. The primary symptom for women is a strong and unusual pain during menstruation. Signs of cyst of urachus:
- Pain. When the disease pain is often nagging. They occur in cycles. They are felt in the lower part of the abdominal cavity or where is the urogenital organ. By their nature, they resemble pain, such as inflammation of the bladder. For acute forms of occurrence of the cyst of urachus characterized by increased pain.
- Discomfort when urinating. The first symptom that people need to pay attention to pain and frequent urination. Any person can feel difficulty going to the toilet. Cause for concern should be the inability to urinate. Or, conversely, frequent urge to the toilet.
- Constipation. As the bowel and bladder are close together can be a disorder of bowel movement. Constipation can be lengthy and give a lot of trouble.
- The accession of infection. In the presence of secondary infection General well-being can deteriorate significantly: increased body temperature, possible urinary incontinence and General weakness.
Of disease manifestations in women and men
Depending on the anatomical structure of the body, the first symptoms in men and women may differ. To manifest the disease may begin in childhood or have an adult. Here is a list of the main manifestations of the disease:
- In infants the umbilicus may be a long time to heal, a little raised, tender, and even with the appearance of pus. This happens due to the accumulation of feces and urine in the cavity of the urinary organ.
- A cyst of the bladder, developing can change its size. However, she begins to put pressure on the digestive and genitourinary organ. This leads to problematic urination and evacuation. Women suffer from menstrual disorders.
- If the cyst much pressure on the intestine, a person has problems with digestion. There could be swelling, constipation and obstruction.
- During exacerbation of the disease may experience the following symptoms: fever, General weakness, lack of appetite and a feeling of apathy. Women may observe a slight swelling in the pelvis.
- In some cases, there may be blood streaks in the urine. This means that hemorrhaged into the bladder.
The consequences of the disease
If time does not heal the cyst of urachus, there comes a severe form of the disease. It is characterized by the presence of a strong stomach, which greatly increased in size. Severe form of the cysts can accompany pain attacks. The person in this case should be hospitalized immediately for diagnosis and surgical treatment.
Most people don’t think about the cyst of urachus. But the risk of developing the disease is present in everyone. In the initial stages of development of the cyst presses on surrounding organs. Therefore, the disease does not bring discomfort. However, one should not ignore the problem. In severe inflammatory forms may be in the abdominal cavity to accumulate pus. A cavity is formed, can perenosyatsya with pus and then rupture. And the contents of the bag enters the abdominal cavity. This complication carries danger to life and health.
When a cyst of urachus have grown to large sizes, it can be determined during a routine examination by palpation. During the examination the technician discovers the hard fate of the abdominal cavity, closer to the navel. The doctor it’s important not to confuse the disease with hernia. On palpation they have a similar sensations. To pinpoint the diagnosis, the expert recommends further examination:
- An ultrasound examination or magnetic resonance imaging. These surveys are prescribed by a doctor according to the indications.
- Cytoscape. In this method of research in cavity genitourinary organ introduces the endoscope. Specialist evaluates the condition of the mucous membrane, and to examine the cyst.
- Cystography. For this procedure, the bladder entered a substance. After some time, is completely dissolved in the urine and can be carried out x-rays. With this method you can easily identify the pathology.
Treatment of cysts of urachus
Cyst of urachus men and women to be treated equally. Often medication to fix the problem does not work. Pain medications and folk remedies only give short-term effect. Then all the unpleasant symptoms return. In the acute form of the disease and the appearance of pus person needs to be hospitalized and underwent surgery. During surgery, the technician opens the bag and removes all the content, then, is drainage. It is necessary for removal of accumulated pus in abdominal cavity.
If the specialist during surgery found that the internal tissues are infected — the decision about the removal of the infected area. To safely remove the dangerous areas must hold ultrapolyarnoe irradiation and antiseptic treatment. If you do not perform the data manipulation increases the risk of complications: sepsis and peritonitis.
After the operation the patient should undergo further treatment. Dosage and method of application should only assign a specialist. Medications are prescribed to eliminate the inflamed hearth and accelerate postoperative recovery. Together with health care experts recommend the course to adhere to special diets. Eliminate is fatty, spicy and smoked food. After treatment people can return to normal life. In the future it is necessary to conduct a correct lifestyle, and sports.