Lower abdominal pain in women pain on the right
Pain of any localization is always unpleasant, regardless of whether it arose acutely or stalking a woman for a long time. Note that any pain, even of moderate intensity indicate pathological processes in the internal organs and require medical consultation.
Lower abdominal pain in women may be associated with gynecological problems or indicate inflammation of the abdominal cavity. Be sure to consider the communication discomfort with menstruation, pregnancy, the presence or absence of abnormal discharge from the genital organs or bleeding.
Pay attention to other signs – fever, nausea or vomiting, disorder of urination, pale skin and fainting of the patient. Palpation determine the localization: it hurts on the right or left?
Conventionally, all abdominal pain in women can be divided into 2 groups:
- sudden, sharp and very intense pain;
- nagging, dull or aching pain of moderate strength.
To determine the cause of the disease, give the value of the following: pain occurred during pregnancy or not the woman is expecting a baby? From this fact depends the treatment.
When a sharp and severe pain you should call an ambulance, you may need immediate hospitalization. The cause of this condition is often acute bleeding, perforation, rupture or torsion of the organ. These diseases require emergency surgery, otherwise creates a threat to the lives of women.
Pulling or mild aching pain with progressive increase in symptoms evidence of inflammation, disorder of blood circulation or a stretching of the capsule body.
Pain during pregnancy
- An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a significant narrowing of the lumen of the fallopian tube. The fertilized egg cannot pass through the narrow portion and is implanted in the mucous membrane of the tube. With the increase of the ovum in the fallopian tube sizes are not able to withstand this load, there is a rupture of its walls with the development of bleeding. At this point, the woman feels a sudden sharp pain in the abdomen, which retains its intensity for a long time, that is not amplified and not reduced. The pain is usually localized on one side: left or right. The treatment is carried out surgically by removing the tube and sometimes the ovary.
- Spontaneous abortion in the early stages, thus there is a cramping pain that is localized in the suprapubic region and is accompanied by bleeding from the genital tract.
- Abortion can lead to secondary pain associated with incomplete removal of the ovum. Sometimes abortion is the impetus for the development of the late inflammatory complications and even sepsis. Therefore, all women undergoing medical termination of pregnancy, should be 1-1.5 weeks after an abortion to see a gynecologist, even if no specific complaints. This visit is necessary in order to ensure that the concern is no.
- On the development of post-abortion complications indicated by the following symptoms:
- pain in the abdomen;
- purulent or cheesy discharge from the vagina;
- temperature rise;
- bloody discharge from the vagina.
- Premature detachment of the placenta usually occurs after trauma to the abdomen. The separation of the placenta from the wall of the uterus. Pain can be dull, often paroxysmal increase, give to the groin, lower back, thigh. The uterus is in good shape, painful on palpation, fetal heartbeat is broken. The occurrence of bleeding from the genital tract accompanied by severe pain, this condition is the reason for the emergency hospitalization.
- Uterine rupture occurs in late gestation in the presence of a defective scar or disease of the muscular wall. 30-35 week gestation baby produces the maximum stretching of the walls of the body and may be at risk of rupture. Abdominal pain can be localized in the front, if defective scar is located at the front of the uterus. If there is pathology in the back, sore lower back and sacral region. For uterine rupture characteristic symptoms: pain in the abdomen and lower back, toning the uterus, disturbances of the heartbeat in the fetus, weakness and fainting women (with internal bleeding).
It happens that the pain is caused by physiological causes and arises as a reaction to the increase of the uterus. In other cases, the condition of woman and child can be critical. If you experience any discomfort during pregnancy is better to play it safe and consult a doctor.
Pain with gynecological diseases
The reasons can be:
- inflammation of the uterus and its appendages;
- apoplexy of the ovary;
- neoplasms (benign and malignant);
- torsion legs cysts.
The inflammatory process
Epididymitis occurs more often in young women of reproductive age suffering from hypothermia, infection, when casting microbes hematogenous route, with promiscuity. Sometimes the cause is prior to birth or abortion.
Salpingooforit can occur in acute or chronic form. In acute disease appear mild pain on the right or the left, which gradually increase. Itself with fever, chills, weakness, abnormal discharge from the genital tract. Sometimes the pain is so strong that the woman involuntarily attracted to feet stomach. Causes are bacterial and fungal infections.
Acute salpingooforit may be complicated by the development of peritonitis, then the picture is reminiscent of «acute abdomen.» The condition of the patient becomes heavy, it is noted diffuse tenderness and muscle tension of the anterior wall.
Treatment is with antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs.
When inflammation of the uterus, the treatment should be to finish. Many women were insensitive to their health, but the acute process may end in chronic inflammation, which is dangerous to the development of infertility.
Chronic salpingooforit characterized not only with aching pain in the abdomen on the right or left, are of a protracted nature. Often there are changes in the menstrual cycle. Long flowing disease leads to a narrowing of the fallopian tubes and the violation of their patency because of adhesion formations. Connective fibers grow in the pelvic cavity, between the uterus and its appendages. In the end, pregnancy is impossible.
Treatment of chronic inflammation – a long and complex process. Taking antibiotics is not always justified, since the influence of infectious factor is negligible. Appointed painkillers and physiotherapy.
Apoplexy of the ovaries
This is a severe pathology, which is based on a hemorrhage in the ovarian tissue. Causes can include excessive exercise, injuries to the abdomen, aggressive sexual intercourse.
The woman’s condition worsens suddenly, a strong pain in the abdomen that radiates to the lower back, rectum and the perineum. Because of the bleeding increasing weakness, there is a «flashing flies» in the eyes, dizziness, drop in pressure and loss of consciousness. In contrast to ectopic pregnancy in a patient missing her period.
Disease requires immediate hospitalization and further surgical treatment. Before the arrival of the ambulance on the stomach apply ice and provide complete rest. To give any pain medications is prohibited.
The hospital carried out the removal of the ovary since it is impossible to maintain due to extensive tissue necrosis. In some cases it requires the removal of the fallopian tube.
Torsion legs ovarian cysts
Any cyst receives nourishment from the blood vessels that sprout from the main fabric. When torsion of the pedicle occur dystrophic and necrotic processes, the severity of which depends on how disturbed blood supply of the cyst.
If the rotation of the vascular bundle is 90 degrees or more, stops the flow of blood through the veins, but the blood vessels continue to function. The size of the cyst increases, it is soldered to the surrounding tissues. Women also complain about aching pain above a pubis of medium intensity.
In those cases when torsion legs occurred at 360 degrees, the blood supply of the cyst completely stops and starts tissue necrosis. While there are severe pain in the lower abdomen, there is high fever, cold sweats, nausea and vomiting, frequent urination. Treatment is surgical methods.
Pain in tumors
Benign tumors and cysts can provoke the appearance of discomfort with a significant increase in size when they start to compress the surrounding tissues and organs.
In oncological pathology the patient complain of pain in the early stages of the disease. They eventually grow, become colicky, accompanied by discharge from the genital organs.
Pain in right abdomen
Pain on the right may not be associated with gynecological problems. Common cause is acute appendicitis. First pain marked near the navel or epigastric region, are paroxysmal in nature, then subside, then appear again. Increasing temperature, nausea, vomiting. Then the pain moved to the iliac region is localized on the right in one point, giving in the rectum. If you do not take the necessary measures, the disease ends with the rupture of the Appendix and the development of peritonitis.
Sometimes the Appendix is abnormal location – not in the inguinal region, and on the right in the pelvis. Then women can confuse the development of appendicitis with disease of the reproductive system.
The stomach ache on the right may occur because of impaired patency of the biliary tract. While there are complaints of bitter taste in the mouth, feeling of heaviness below the rib on the right.
Abdominal pain in other diseases
Pathology of the urinary tract (cystitis) causes pain over the pubis. There are other manifestations dysuric disorders, frequent urination, night trips to the bathroom, highlighting murky urine with an unpleasant odor.
Movement of stones from the pelvis into the ureter and bladder is accompanied by sharp sudden abdominal pain, which is so strong that the woman is unable to endure it. Sometimes ordinary pain relievers and antispasmodics do not apply.
Pain in the pelvic area may indicate disease of the abdominal organs:
- pancreatitis (pain localized to the right);
- ulcerative colitis;
- inflammation of the lymph nodes of the mesentery;
- diverticula of the intestine;
- worm infestation.
To treat pain in the pelvis may be dangerous. If the cause of the pathology is inflammation when the inept therapy process can turn into chronic stage.
Acute abdominal pain frequently indicates surgical pathology, in this case, prohibits the use of anesthetics and heat treatments. Any tampering carried out without a medical examination, you can «lubricate» the picture of the disease and lead to complications.