Signs of allergies in children and the best anti-Allergy drugs
At the present time, Allergy is a fairly common problem. Its symptoms often occur already in childhood. The reasons for this are many. On the pharmaceutical market there is a huge selection of antihistamines. What Allergy medications for children are more effective and safe?
Allergy in children: main causes of
Allergic reactions in children occur as a result of hypersensitivity of the organism to various factors. The main causes of Allergy in children are:
- Food (mostly chocolate, exotic fruits, cow’s milk, seafood, berries, eggs, seasoning).
- Medications (e.g. antibiotics, aspirin, sulfonamides).
- Various allergens that enter the body by inhalation (dust, dander, pollen, flowers and trees, mold, feathers and down).
- Insect stings (bees, bumblebee, wasp, mosquito).
- Chemical compounds.
- Factors in the development of allergies in children is a genetic predisposition and living in adverse environmental areas.
- In addition, they provoke such reaction the toxins that are allocated by pathogenic microorganisms, helminth infection.
To allergic diseases, which are often observed in children include:
- Hay fever
- Hay fever
- Atopic dermatitis
- Bronchial asthma
Allergies can lead to various disorders of the body:
- Pathological condition of the digestive organs.
- Frequent colds.
- The weakening of the immune system.
- Physical and mental retardation.
To prevent reactions and possible complications it is important to limit the contact of children with the allergens.
The signs of allergic reactions depend on the factors that provoked the pathological condition. Allergies to food and medication may develop hives, nausea, and the urge to vomit, diarrhea. Food allergens in the body can cause rashes on the skin. When taking medicines with symptoms of allergies can vary the composition of the blood and cause anaphylactic shock.
For respiratory allergies have watery eyes, swelling, runny nose, sore throat and discomfort in the sinuses.
Signs of hypersensitivity to cold or the sun are considered to be the hyperthermia of the skin, itching, swelling, difficulty breathing.
Other allergic reactions are the following symptoms:
- Frequent sneezing
- Shortness of breath
- Watery eyes
- Swelling of mucous
- Redness of the skin
To atypical signs of allergies include:
- Joint pain
If these symptoms in children parents should consult a specialist who, after conducting the diagnostic methods to establish the cause of the Allergy and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Effective anti-Allergy drugs for children
Allergy medication that is prescribed to children are divided according to their method of their application, on such forms:
From allergies used the following groups of medicines:
- Antihistamines – helps you block histamine receptors and inhibit the substance in the body.
- Corticosteroids, have active anti-allergic effect due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- To anti-leukotrienes that affect leukotrienes, which provoke bronchospasm, swelling of mucous membranes.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs slow down the development of allergic reactions.
- Immunomodulators – increases the durability of immunity to allergens.
It is important to note that there are combination drugs that contain multiple medicinal ingredients.
There are three-generation antihistamine medicines. The first generation of such tools has a lot of side reactions, because the effects are not only histamine receptors but also other tissues and cells. For the second generation characterized by a selective effect on such receptors, the list of their side effects is significantly reduced. A new generation of drugs have fast action and almost safe.
To 1st generation antihistamines that may be used in the treatment of allergies in children include the following drugs:
- The pain
In addition, this generation include the nose, Oftalmol, Okumetil, Detain, Betadrin, gels for topical use, Psili-balm, Fenistil.
Useful video — Antihistamines and allergies:
These medications are prescribed for all types of allergies. It should be noted that these tools are addictive and have such side effects as drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, digestive disorders, tachycardia.
However, they often appointed experts because this is a proven cure for Allergy in children. If they are taken in the recommended doses, side effects not observed. These antihistamines are allowed to take the smallest children.
Among the 2nd generation antihistamines allocate medicines for internal doses (capsules, tablets, suspensions and syrups):
- This really helps
- Was trexel
This category refers also Allergodil in the form of nasal spray or eye drops.
Typically, these antihistamines is prescribed to children older than one year. Infants professionals can prescribe Zyrtec. From the age of two can be used claritin.
The advantage of funds of the first generation is the possibility of a prolonged use. Another plus is their duration of therapeutic effect which is provided by a single dose of medication per day.
Among the advantages of drugs of the 3rd generation – the minimum list of contraindications and adverse reactions. Effective antihistamines for children in this respect are the following medications:
- Levocetirizine Teva
For infants older than one year of age is possible to use Xyzal and Aerius in the form of drops for internal ingestion and syrup.
Glucocorticoids may designate the child by a specialist only. They are used to treat heavy flow of allergic diseases. Such drugs include:
- Solutions for inhalation method of treatment: Pulmicort
- Nasal sprays: Nasonex or Tafen, nasal
- Eye drops: Hydrocortisone and Dexamethasone
- Ointment: Advantan, Elokom, Lokoid
- Inhalers: Pulmicort Turbohaler
In preventive of such diseases as bronchial asthma, can be used antileukotriene means, for example, Acolt or Singulair. To prevent allergic rhinitis before flowering possible allergens appoint them for a couple of weeks.
Based tools nedocromil cromoglycate sodium and sodium are the drugs with high anti-inflammatory properties. Effective tools of this group are:
- Aerosol Intal or Intal combo plus (with the active substance salbutamol)
- Inhaler Ditek
- Capsules Nalkrom
- A good cough medicine in the form of eye drops, nasal spray and liquid for inhalation
- Metered aerosol Tayled or Tayled mint
For introduction under the skin from allergies used the immunomodulator Ru. It helps to prevent inflammation, to reduce swelling the mucous membranes and skin.
To avoid seasonal allergic reactions, the drug is administered for a month or two before flowering plants that are considered potential allergens. It is important to remember that this tool is not used to treat infants. In addition, it does not eliminate the signs of allergies and sometimes does not bring the expected effect because it is recommended to use in complex treatment of Allergy or as a prophylactic.
Parents should remember that to prescribe anti-Allergy drugs to children should only be a specialist who takes into account when choosing medicines the age criterion, individual characteristics of the organism, the cause of the Allergy and the severity of the disease.