Nasal spray for allergies adults, children and during pregnancy
Allergic reactions may arise from any person under the influence of various stimuli. To show allergies in different ways. To get rid of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, use special sprays in the nose.
The causes of allergies
Under allergies taken to mean the increased sensitivity of the immune system when injected into the body to different stimuli. As allergens can be medicines, animal dander, feathers, dust, food, etc.
One of the common causes of allergies is an impaired function of the gastrointestinal tract. It often occurs after taking antibiotics, against which develop goiter.
Poor digestion, parasites, diseases of the stomach – all this increases the risk of allergies.
On the development of Allergy also affects a genetic predisposition and heredity. If one of the parents suffered from bronchial asthma, hay allergies, eczema, the disease can also occur in children.
Allergy can be confused with other diseases, because the clinical manifestations are similar. Allergy frequent sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, cough. However, these signs could indicate a cold.
Tearing, itching, swelling can testify not only about allergies but also about conjunctivitis.
In addition to these symptoms, the Allergy can manifest in the form:
- Skin rash
- Skin peeling
- Tingling in the mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
In rare cases, an allergic reaction can lead to anaphylactic shock. This is a serious reaction which can lead to irreversible consequences, if you do not take any measures. Basically the Allergy has a local character, upon contact of the body with the stimulus.
However, when anaphylactic shock reaction affected the whole body and develops immediately after contact with the allergen.
The development of anaphylactic shock occurs after insect bites or drug use. This reaction is expressed in the form of seizures, loss of consciousness, sudden shortness of breath, uncontrolled urination. If you experience these symptoms, you should call the ambulance.
Nasal spray for allergies: types and description
To combat allergies there are a large number of drugs. They are available in the form of sprays, tablets, drops, solutions. Sprays Allergy is mainly designed for patients with allergic rhinitis. In this form the drug is easy to carry. The active ingredient is fast acting in the nasal cavity and eliminates the symptoms of allergies.
Nasal sprays for allergies have common properties and indications for use. There are the following types of sprays:
- Corticosteroids or hormonal drugs (Nasonex, Flixonase, Taven nasal, etc.) have anti-inflammatory, anti-edema and anti-allergic action. These drugs are effective in allergic rhinitis if the disease is complications. Treatment with corticosteroids is 5-7 days. Prolonged use of spray leads to habituation, whereby its efficiency is reduced.
- Antihistamines eliminate symptoms 15 minutes after application. Prescribers if you are allergic to wool, pollen and dust. Such preparations are: Allergodil, Azelastine, Levokabastin etc.
- Anticholinergic sprays reduce discharge from the nose. They are not absorbed into the blood, have vasoconstrictor and anti-allergic effect. It is advisable their use with antihistamines and steroid drugs. The active substance ipratropium bromide is included in many combined means. Drugs with the active ingredient: Xylometazoline, Otrivin Extra etc.
- Nasal gels against allergies envelop and moisturize the mucous. After use of the drug on the mucous membrane creates a thin layer of gel, which prevents the penetration of allergens. Gelling sprays (Herbal, Prevalin, etc.) it is advisable to use before contact with the stimulus, in order to avoid allergic reactions.
- Antiallergic sprays based on kromoglitsievoy acid intended for use in milder forms of allergic rhinitis. They get into the blood and then excreted in the urine. Such drugs include: Bromhexin, Chromosol, Cromolyn, Chromogen etc. They can be used for a long time and are assigned to seasonal.
Useful video Allergic rhinitis: causes and symptoms.
The choice of spray for allergies is chosen by the doctor based on the condition of the patient, the disease and other factors. Self-use of drugs is prohibited.
Allergic rhinitis in the wrong selection of the drug or delayed treatment can lead to serious complications such as otitis media, purulent sinusitis, conjunctivitis, bronchial asthma.
Spray for allergies for kids
Allergic rhinitis is more common in children than in adults. When you select a spray for elimination of symptoms of allergies in children, you should consult your allergist and pediatrician.
A qualified specialist will select the required drug from the age of the little patient:
- For children older than 2 years can be used Chromogen, and 5 years is a good cough medicine. Due to the action of kromoglitsievoy acid signs of allergic inflammation reduced. Any of the drugs you need to use every 4 hours and not more than 4 times a day, one injection in each nasal passage.
- For children over 6 years with allergies of antihistamines use Vibrocil, Allergodil, Tizin, etc. Allergi These anti-allergic medicines relieve inflammation, reduce swelling and mucous discharge from the nose.
- Below the stimulus were not included in the nasal cavity, using barrier remedies: Herbal and Herbal plus. Can even be used to treat allergies in kids. Use the drug every 6-8 hours.
- Children over the age of 12 years appoint Prevalin, These drugs relieve the symptoms of allergies, and help fight irritants. Antiallergic drugs are not absorbed into the bloodstream and have no side effects, which is very important in the treatment of allergies in children.
- Of hormonal children older than 6 years are allowed Nasobek, Aladin, Linolenic, Flucticasone.
Anti-allergic drugs can be used to eliminate the symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
Prescribe a drug against Allergy for children only allergist or pediatrician.
A single treatment with antihistamines is not enough. It must be remembered that to get rid of allergic rhinitis can be the detection of the stimulus and limitation of contact with him.
Allergies during pregnancy
During pregnancy the use of many drugs is prohibited. It is recommended to prevent the use of anti-allergic drugs before the pregnancy to the onset to avoid complications.
Sprays allergies do not use in first trimester of pregnancy, as it can affect fetal development. If allergic passed into the chronic form, should always be seen by a specialist and follow all of the recommendations.
All drugs, including sprays against Allergy during pregnancy should be used under medical supervision. Pregnant women can apply: Suprastin, Tavegil, Allertec, lower blood pressure mother, Aladin etc.
Used drugs can only with acute allergic reactions.
Allergy symptoms can be removed after the termination of contact with an irritant. During pregnancy it is advisable to avoid exposure to foreign substances. It should be remembered that drugs have its side effects and many not be combined with each other. Consultation of the allergist is required to identify individual allergens and the destination system treat the disease.
Prevention of Allergy
To prevent the development of allergic reactions, we recommend the preventive measures:
At observance of these measures can not only prevent allergies but also to prevent possible complications.