Moisturizing nasal spray is the types, purpose and application
In various diseases of the nasal mucosa hydration is necessary. For a long time moisturizer for the nose was ignored, it was believed that when rhinitis the mucosa is too dry. But the use of such drugs has long been proven.
Hydration of the nasal mucosa allows not only to get rid of the discomfort, but also enhance local immunity. The spray form allows dosing of the drug and spread evenly over the surface of the mucosa. Moisturizing sprays are the safest for children and pregnant women.
Moisturizing nasal spray: types, composition and properties
All moisturizing sprays have a similar composition. They contain sea water. Sea salt not only helps to moisturize the mucous membranes, but also to relieve the inflammation, swelling, cleanse mucus from the nose. The use of such funds helps to neutralize the negative effect of various vasoconstrictor drops and antibiotic, hormonal, local products.
Moisturizing nasal spray has virtually no contraindications, but most often it comes in different forms according to age. For children concentration of salt below. Sprays don’t vary much by type of action. Even if the packages write «from congestion, from the common cold», the composition of the drugs is the same, but on the advice of the salt concentration is much higher, and the spray may have a stronger spray.
The most popular nasal sprays:
- Aqua Maris. Effective drug based on sea water with natural minerals. Aqua Maris comes in the form of a spray and drops, is used for irrigation of the nose and ears. He not only actively moisturizes the nasal mucosa, but also cleans it, reduces inflammation. Aqua Maris is prescribed for rhinitis, sinusitis, adenoiditis, respiratory allergies, for relieving symptoms and also for prevention of infectious diseases and dryness of the nose.
- Other types of pain. The drug has many varieties: Phrase Software, Baby Forte. The various types differ in the concentration of sea salt. The most powerful spray, and other means of Forte, it is designed to relieve severe congestion. The composition of the drug is ecologically clean sea water, no preservatives or additives that can cause allergies.
- Marker. Is a drug on the basis of sea water, which allows you to maintain a normal physiological state of the nasal mucosa. Marimer moisturizes, reduces inflammation, restores damaged mucous membranes, strengthens the walls of blood vessels mucosa with frequent bleeding. The spray can be used as in viral diseases, and after operations to restore the mucosa.
- VIVASAN. The manufacturer is positioning this drug as a spray lotion based on natural ingredients. It is composed of various herbal extracts (Edelweiss, mint, sage) and pure spring water. The spray not only actively moisturizes the mucosa, but also gently reduces inflammation, swelling and nasal congestion, freeing breath. The product can be used in almost any disease of the nose.
Indications for use
The range of application of moisturizers for the nose is quite wide. They are prescribed for the treatment of diseases and for prevention. Moisturizing sprays do not possess instant action and are not always able to cope with the disease, so they can be combined with other drugs prescribed by your doctor.
The use of moisturizing spray:
- Viral rhinitis. In the treatment of viral rhinitis moisturizing sprays are needed. They eliminate dryness after vasoconstrictor drugs, clean the mucous from the accumulated mucus, facilitate bismarckiana, help fight the cause. Severe swelling of these medications do not eliminate, but reduce the time of the disease and alleviate symptoms.
- Sinusitis. Moisturizers do not penetrate into the maxillary sinus and not washed them in a proper degree, so the treatment of sinusitis requires a more serious anti-inflammatory and antibacterial drugs, but moisturizing sprays relieve part of the symptoms in the initial stages of the disease they prevent the transfer of disease into a chronic form. Sprays help to clear the mucous from pus.
- Allergic rhinitis. If you are allergic preparations based on sea water especially effective. They wash out the mucous, cleaning it of allergens that cause runny nose and swelling. During allergic runny nose sprays are recommended to use regularly.
- Physiological dryness. Nasal mucosa may become dry from the dry air in the room during the heat, in the winter when the heating in the apartment. While there is a tightness of mucous, crusts are formed, sometimes sores. Moisturizing sprays eliminate these symptoms, prevent the formation of crusts, soften.
- Overdose vasoconstrictor. Long and frequent use of vasoconstrictor agents leads to habituation, edema, weakening of the walls of blood vessels, nosebleeds. To get rid of the symptoms of overdose is not very easy. Discontinue the use of vasoconstrictor drugs and begin to rebuild the lining using sprays based on sea water and washing.
- Adenoiditis. Inflammation of the nasopharyngeal tonsils is most common in children. Treatment is quite long, sometimes surgical intervention is necessary. Moisturizing sprays washed adenoids, reduce inflammation and partially relieve swelling.
Preparations based on sea water does not lead to overdoses. Rules for the use indicated in the instructions. Before treatment, the manual must be read carefully.
The drug is used from 1 day of life, but on the recommendation of a doctor. Sprays of small infants is not recommended, they are usually prescribed drops. Use the drug can be up to 4 times a day 1-2 injection in each nasal passage. A large quantity of the drug does not increase its effectiveness. If necessary, adults can increase dosage and use spray up to 8 times a day.
During an epidemic of influenza rinse your nose every 2 hours (one puff in each nostril) or after direct contact with an infected person. When washing the nose the drug is sprayed into each nostril 2-3 times, and then mismarketed with mucus. This should be done once a day or as often as required. If all at once the mucus is not removed, you can repeat the procedure.
When washing the nose infants drug is injected into each nostril, and after a few minutes it is necessary to carry out procedure of removal of mucus extractor. If your child has a brown nose, you have to wait 5-10 minutes for the drug they softened, then they are easily removed by aspirator or pear.
The spray can be used in conjunction with any other topical agents (hormonal, antibacterial, vasoconstrictive).
Medications are used after nasal spray with sea water. First zabryzgivaya moisturizing spray, removes mucus, and after 5-10 minutes the drug. Preparations based on sea water can be used for a long time, but if they are used frequently and for longer than 2 weeks should consult a doctor.
During seasonal Allergy medications for washing and moistening of the mucosa are applied after contact with the allergen, and 10-15 minutes before the alleged contact.
Useful video Aqua Maris for children:
Side effects of spray nose appear very rarely in the form of allergic reactions to the drug components. Contraindication is the use of the spray in the newborn and infancy. Drugs pressure can lead to otitis media and other complications. Small children his nose just washed drops. Contraindications during pregnancy and lactation is not.