Why is sweating in the groin?
Excessive sweating in the groin can be a sign of serious pathological changes in the body. Why is sweating between your legs? Causes and factors influencing excessive sweating and unpleasant odor in the groin area, can be set. Such a delicate issue equally affects men and women.
That means sweating in the groin area?
Excessive sweating in the groin area otherwise known as inguinal-perineal hyperhidrosis. People suffering from this disease is constantly under emotional stress. Wet spots that may be visible on clothing in the groin area, can significantly reduce the self-esteem and cause serious psychological problems. Sweating in the groin in men, causing enhanced itching and diaper rash in eggs. In women, the irritation is also affect the genital area.
Inguinal-perineal hyperhidrosis is a rare disease, only 2% of the population is affected by this problem. But not every person who interacts with the phenomenon of sweating in the groin in a hurry to make an appointment to see a doctor. Although the disease is treatable, especially in the initial stages of development.
The stage of the disease:
- Easy. At the initial stage of sweating between your legs does not cause concern. The skin in the groin area may be slightly red;
- Average. Excessive sweating starts to bring a lot of inconvenience, an unpleasant odor in the groin. On the skin can form erosion, which will eventually start to itch;
- Heavy. Constant sweating and bad odor in the groin area seriously affect the mental state of the person. Erosive damage can greatly expand, merge together and cause itching. With the active growth and development of bacteria inflammation begins on the skin.
It is important to know that in the initial stage, the disease can be cured by drugs local action.
Causes of excessive sweating in the groin
The reasons for such delicate problem, as inguinal-perineal hyperhidrosis can be a few:
- weight. Obesity is often the root cause of many diseases. In skin folds (especially the groin) the bacteria grow faster that can trigger the inflammatory process, and the constant friction between the inner thigh could be an additional factor for the development of the disease;
- disorders in the endocrine system. When hormonal failure may be impaired sweating, particularly in the groin in women and in men;
- the consequences of traumatic brain injury;
- diabetes mellitus;
- stress, nervous tension;
- fungal infection of the skin;
- a serious infectious disease.
Hyperhidrosis can be an independent disease. Usually the infection is caused by the following factors:
- violation of personal hygiene;
- tight underwear from synthetic materials;
- hot weather or a stuffy room;
- diet, intense exercise.
To identify the causes of sweating between your legs at your groin, you need to consult a dermatologist (endocrinologist, neurologist), if necessary, undergo a thorough examination and tests.
Methods of diagnosis inguinal-perineal hyperhidrosis
On the doctor in addition to recording the patient’s complaints, conducted a visual inspection of stains on clothes. The spot size can be said about the extent of the disease. Also of great importance is the mental state of the person, if the disease is neglected, then the person may experience a lot of stress.
One of the methods of diagnosis of the disease is gravimetry. Gravimetry is a method of evaluating the rate and amount of sweating. Though the method is effective, but not always used, because it takes too much time. The method consists in applying specialized paper to dry the surface of the skin, after a certain time the paper is weighed, focusing on indicators selected amount of sweat.
How to treat inguinal-perineal hyperhidrosis?
Depending on the reasons for which there was excessive sweating in the groin area, gets the right treatment. If the source of the disease has become a serious pathological changes in the human body, inguinal-perineal hyperhidrosis treated after elimination of the root cause.
What to do when sweating between legs:
- monitor personal hygiene (shower morning and evening, only use your towels and washcloths);
- to choose the right underwear made from natural materials;
- to observe the optimum temperature of the air in the room;
- to remove hair in the intimate area;
- to apply deodorants for intimate hygiene;
- to prevent diaper rash and remove excess moisture in the groin area to use a special talc or baby powder;
- effectively relieves skin irritation baths with herbs (oak bark, thyme, etc.) or with addition of soda (about 6-8 tbsp of the powder with 12-15 liters of water).
During exacerbation of the disease it is important to observe proper nutrition (exclude alcoholic beverages, spicy, spicy food).
In sports it is recommended to choose loose clothes made of natural materials, be sure to shower after exercise.
How to get rid of diaper rash on the skin
Diaper rash on the skin cause severe itching and burning. To treat diaper rash you should immediately when they occur, because over time they begin to stink, to deliver severe discomfort can develop sores on the skin or to join additional infection.
Recommendations for the prevention and treatment of diaper rash:
- treat the affected areas of skin antiseptic agents (e.g., solution furatsilina);
- use a drying and healing ointment («Bepanten», «SAP», «Zinc ointment», etc.);
- frequent air baths (no clothes at least 15-20 minutes);
- when infectious-inflammatory process in the skin are assigned to the ointments with antibacterial or antifungal activity.
To pick the right treatment can only be the attending physician, independent of the application of ointments can lead to unpleasant consequences.
Botox injections with hyperhidrosis
Injections of botulinum toxin not so long ago began to be used for getting rid of excessive perspiration (including when excessive sweating in the groin). Botox injections can «turn off» function of the sweat glands in the required area.
It is important to know that Botox injections will help to cope with the problem of hyperhidrosis only for 6-8 months after the procedure should be repeated.
When sweating groin, and no funds for the decreased sweating do not work, injections of botulinum toxin to quickly and effectively will eliminate this problem.
This method of getting rid of sweating has certain disadvantages:
- after the injection some time not recommended for strong physical activity, saunas or solariums;
- it is undesirable to take antibiotics because they can reduce the effect of the drug;
- there is a risk of occurrence of side effects in people who have sensitivity to the components.
Before the procedure of obligatory consultation of the expert, Botox injections are contraindicated.
Complications of excessive sweating between legs
People who constantly sweats crotch, are more inclined to infection korinebakteri. Erythrasma is a disease caused by the bacteria Corynebacterium minutissimum, characterized by reddish brown spots, in some cases, the skin is very itchy.
For the prevention of erythrasma, we recommend the following:
- do not use someone else’s towel or bed linen;
- to observe personal hygiene;
- use individual means of hygiene in public places.
If you are sweating heavily between his legs in his groin, the timely appointment to the doctor will help to prevent the unpleasant effects of hyperhidrosis.