Why is sweating back?
Sweating is a physiological process necessary for regulation of heat transfer. However, with the development of pathological changes in the body can occur violation of the secretion of sweat. In some cases, this brings considerable disadvantages, for example, if heavily sweating back.
Anatomical and functional characteristics of glands
On average, a normal amount of sweat is about 1 liter a day. A larger number, for example, 2-3 liters may be the norm and pathology, much depends on the factors causing the activation of the secretion of sweat and condition of the patient.
Depending on the structure and function, there are two kinds of sweat glands:
- Apocrine, located mainly in the skin of the wings of the nose, armpits, perineum. Do not participate in thermoregulation, excrete a thick, odorous sweat.
- Eccrine, are located throughout the body and involved in the process of heat exchange. The sweat secreted by these glands, consists essentially only of water and dissolved salts.
The number of sweat glands in the human body may reach 4 million, which speaks to their importance.
The main functions of the glands:
- Regulatory function. When the environmental temperature rises and the human body heats up due to the activation of the thermoregulation center in the hypothalamus, is an increase in perspiration, the skin is cooled.
- The excretory function is based on the ability of the sweat glands excrete some drugs salt from the body. In some situations, when there is a prolonged increased secretion of sweat without the possibility of replenishment of electrolytes, this feature glands is unfavorable.
- The protective function is characterized by the acidic environment of the skin, which creates a secret sweat glands.
Causes of sweating
- consumption of hot food in a short period of time can not only cause the perspiration but also considerable perspiration
- physical activity needs to lead to perspiration is a sign of activation of the mechanisms of burning calories. It should be noted that in untrained people sweat is less than that of the trained;
- stressful situations, including pain. The stress hormones are epinephrine and norepinephrine, but they do not have a direct effect on the sweat glands. Activation of the latter occurs indirectly through the nerve fibres, running in one beam and generating momentum under the influence of stress hormones;
- the end of reproductive function in women — menopause. In this period of life in a woman’s body experiences a number of hormonal alterations, which entails bouts of sweating;
- inadequate regulation of the temperature in the room, especially in winter.
With regard to the pathology or improper functioning of sweat glands, this condition is called hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating. Often the disease is localized in a specific area of the body.
Sweating in the back refers to gipergidroza few locations.
Among the causes of disease, can be identified:
- Somatic disease:
- infectious Genesis, for example, tuberculosis, malaria and many diseases accompanied by rise of body temperature;
- connective tissue disease, e.g., rheumatic fever, vasculitis;
- endocrine pathology, for example, thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus;
- the withdrawal syndrome arising from the termination of alcohol intake of drugs.
- Violation of the nervous system:
- autonomic NS, for example, neurocirculatory asthenia;
- tumors of the hypothalamus.
What to pay attention?
- a slight habitual physical activity, e.g., the self or perform normal everyday tasks;
- the minimum increase in temperature of the environment;
- slight emotional strain, including positive;
- morning awakening.
If dressing up and carrying out hygienic measures do not lead to improvement and back after a short time again becomes wet, you need to consult a doctor.
Diagnosis and treatment
Before prescribing a specific treatment, it is necessary to find out the cause of hyperhidrosis, primary or secondary pathology. The original cause of the disease depends on further tactics of examination and treatment.
If excessive sweating is a manifestation of endocrine diseases, the treatment prescribed by the endocrinologist. If the survey was identified pathology of the nervous system, it can not do without a neurologist.
If hyperhidrosis is a primary disease, you should consult a dermatologist.
The survey plan includes:
- lab tests:
- blood tests and urine tests;
- biochemical analysis of blood;
- determining the concentration of thyroid hormones, sex hormones;
- instrumental methods:
- Wear natural fabrics to the skin has received sufficient air, secreted from the glands sweat well evaporated.
- Pay close attention to the seasonality of the clothes.
- To establish a mode of work and rest, to exclude a psychogenic cause of the disease.
To eliminate the psychological discomfort of wet backs and odor you can use deodorant.
At home you can use folk remedies, for example, make an infusion of finely chopped sage leaves. However, any treatment starts only after consultation and the conclusion about the primacy of hyperhidrosis.