Why do babies get sweaty palms?
In the first years of a child’s life is very important to closely monitor his condition. Many parents pay attention to too wet the palm of babies and worried about that. The reasons may be various, ranging from natural physiological processes in the body to serious pathologies. Let’s look at why the child has sweaty palms, and should I worry?
Causes of wet palms
The child hyperhidrosis can be triggered by natural factors or be the result of a disease. Initially, you should evaluate the household causes:
- Too much clothing or too warm clothing.
- Overfeeding. When a baby is overeating, he begins to act up, it becomes razresheniem. Because of this increased sweating.
- The microclimate of the nursery. Increased room temperature and dry air, the high activity of the child, contribute to the development of hyperhidrosis.
- Sometimes the answer to the question why the baby sweaty palms, is banal fatigue and lack of sleep. The regular mode of the day will help to get rid of excessive sweating.
- Sweating may be the body’s reaction to stimuli.
- If it is a newborn, the problem may be not quite formed heat exchange. Then over time it withdraws itself.
If all the factors are excluded and the child is sweaty, speech can go about serious diseases. You need not hesitate to consult a doctor who will be able to make the correct diagnosis.
Share of primary and secondary hyperhidrosis. In the first case we have in mind an independent disease. Its causes are not fully understood. It is only known that the sweat glands begin to work under the influence of impulses of the nervous system. And if their reaction is too intense, it turns into a disease. Also a significant role of heredity in causing hyperhidrosis. Children get sick more often in families where there are already carriers of the disease.
The primary form of excessive sweating is observed only in certain places: armpits, palms and feet. As a rule, the aggravation occurs during adolescence, when hormonal changes in the body.
Under the secondary form implies the patient has a disease, a symptom, which is excessive sweating. Hyperhidrosis can be caused by:
- problems with the endocrine system;
- parasites in the body of the child;
- vascular dystonia;
- lung disease;
- a lack of vitamin D. Rickets may appear in children from one month to two years;
- the lymphatic diathesis;
- renal failure;
- problems with the thyroid gland;
- the metabolic disorders;
- hereditary diseases.
If the baby is sweaty palms – this is normal. And evidence of normalization of heat transfer in the body of a baby. When in the course of several weeks unpleasant smell and sweating of palms and feet of the child are older (1-1. 5 years), you need to see a specialist. It is not recommended to self-medicate. Because excessive sweating can be a symptom of various diseases. Therefore, the correct diagnosis and choose a drug alone is not possible. Also there is a risk of an allergic reaction to a particular drug.
For the diagnosis requires that the child be examined by a physician, sometimes requires consultation of the endocrinologist, neurologist or other specialists. It is also recommended to pass tests and receive a comprehensive diagnosis. Only after that the doctor can establish the causes of sweating and prescribe treatment.
With the use of drugs of the local destination (creams, ointments, sprays, etc.) it is better to conduct an Allergy test. It is held as follows: a small amount of the drug is applied on the wrist. After 30-40 minutes, the tested area to check for the presence of redness and sores.
There are several treatments for hyperhidrosis:
- The iontophoresis. The sweat glands will normalize due to the impact of current. The patient’s limb (e.g. leg) is immersed in water through which a weak discharge current. Duration of procedure – 10-15 sessions. Held once in six months;
- Botox. Delaying the nerve endings responsible for the flow of fluid into the sweat glands. This is a painless and effective method. However, in the form of treatment is indicated rarely because of the cost of the drug. The course must be repeated every six months or a year;
- The introduction of botulinum toxins. This is a new way of treatment. Is administered in the patient’s body weak of botulinum toxins, which block the activity of nerves responsible for sweating. The procedure gives a good result. However, it is only valid for 2-4 months;
- Laser treatment;
- Surgery. Surgically removed node autonomic system. Used only as a last option, when other treatments do not give result.
When sweaty palms, the child can use the traditional medicine. Here are some recipes:
- Excessive sweating can be caused by emotional condition of the child. To remove tension will help decoctions of herbs. Sedative effect are: chamomile, oak bark, nettle, sage.
- To eliminate the humidity of the palms will help the ammonia. In a liter of water add 1-2 tablespoons of ammonia. The resulting solution wipe the palm of the baby several times a day.
- You can also use vinegar solution. In a glass of water dissolve a teaspoon of vinegar and mix. His hands and feet baby wipe the resulting liquid twice a day, morning and evening.
- The clothing and bedding of the child should be made from quality and natural fabrics to match the season.
- Personal hygiene. Linen must be changed every day. Arms and legs of the baby are washed with soap and water. Bathe the child every day in the water you can add herbal teas (mint, sage, oak bark) or sea salt. We recommend contrast shower;
- Regular ventilation of the nursery. The optimum temperature is 20 — 22 degrees. Humidity – 60%;
- Frequent walks in the fresh air and hardening;
- You need to dress baby for the weather. Gipergidroza often leads to excessive wrapping of children;
- The use of vitamin D (to prevent rickets);
- To avoid sweating nervous, the mother should hug and kiss the baby. Thus, the infant will gain a sense of security and will become calmer;
- While hyperactivity used herbal preparations with sedative effect.