White spots on eyelids — what it is: a spot on upper eyelid of the eye
White spots on eyelids and reasons for the appearance of xanthelasmas
The appearance on the eyelids of any of the entities may indicate the presence of detected pathologies. Eyelid xanthelasma is a condition in which plaques appear in yellow, white and sometimes orange color on the skin of the eyelid. In parallel with xanthelasmas diagnosed diabetes mellitus, hypertension or liver problems. In this article we will explain why the eyelids are formed white spots.
- The reasons for the formation of xanthelasmas
- Prevention of the disease
The reasons for the formation of xanthelasmas
Experts still have not figured out the nature of the formation of spots on the eyelid the eye. The main reasons for the appearance of plaques of white color on the skin of the eyelid include:
- problems with the pancreas;
- pathology of the liver;
- the presence of diabetes;
- the metabolic disorders;
- violation of lipid metabolism.
Education can wear a single character or to be added to the group. As a rule, the disease has a location in the area on the upper eyelid or below.
For information! Studies have revealed that xanthelasma may indicate the existence of a threat of myocardial infarction or of atherosclerosis.
Appearance plaques have a straw or white color, the surface and contour formation of rough and smooth, and the touch spot is soft enough. It should be noted, xanthelasma is a benign one that never becomes malignant. The stain itself does not cause pain and anxiety. Experts attribute the appearance of white spots with lipid disorders, however, there are situations when it is not confirmed clinically. Xanthelasma occurs in the elderly, more often in women. Pathology carries more cosmetic defect than is a threat to life.
The size of the spot can be as a pea, and in some cases education can reach the size of beans.
Diagnosis of xanthelasmas on the eyelid of the eye is conducted by an external examination using glass slides. On a site of plaque a little push down the slide in order to be able to clearly consider the education, its color, shape, and structure. White spots on the eyelids are typical signs, so they have to identify prescribe a blood test to determine cholesterol levels.
For information! The level of cholesterol in the blood shows the presence of a failure of lipid metabolism.
Diagnosed the dermatologist and the endocrinologist, their inspection is to identify:
- the root cause of formation of white spots;
- definition of xanthelasmas or tumor;
- the determination of the presence or absence of diabetes mellitus or atherosclerosis.
The treatment of the disease consists of diet, namely the restriction of the use of food products containing animal fats. The primary goal of therapy is aimed at elimination of diseases, which provoked the violation of the metabolism. Diet helps to correct internal metabolism in the body of the patient. If through diet plaques do not go away, the doctor may prescribe their removal.
For information! Education relapse of white spots on eyelids after removal completely eliminated.
Methods for removing plaque include:
- Electrocoagulation is used together with the surgical technique, after removal of the white spots connect the edges between himself and the cauterizing electrode.
- Operative excision is performed under local anesthesia, the platelets are separated with the help of forceps and scissors. The edges of the spots connect and smeared with a solution polutoralitrovym iron. Wounds heal in a week after the procedure.
For information! If the edges of the wound peeled off, they cauterize the electric current.
- Radio-wave method — is a safe procedure that is carried out using high-frequency waves, where the used tool is heated and evaporated by cells of the tumor. This procedure is contactless and painless.
- Cryosurgery is a method is to apply liquid nitrogen on the affected area. The temperature of the substance is 195С degrees, application time of nitrogen determined by the attending physician. The main goal of nitrogen is to destroy the cells of tumors.
- Laser therapy treatment is a gentle removal of bodies without gross evidence of tampering and injury of the adjacent tissues. Laser therapy eliminates the infection of wounds, the formation of scars or marks after removal, and also eliminates the postoperative period.
Prevention of the disease
Avoid relapse is possible at observance of dietary regime:
- the restriction of carbohydrates;
- the exclusion of foods containing natural fats;
- inclusion in the diet of dairy and vegetable products.
Aside from diet, it is recommended to avoid injury at the site of formations of white spots, as in the previously affected areas can form new nodules or tumor of uzlovatom.
For information! Patients suffering from xanthelasmas century, it is recommended to avoid physical exertion.
Typically, these patients are seen by a physician, to quickly detect the development of early atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease and heart attack. If ksantomatoznye white formation on the eyelids is quite dense and have a large affected area of the epidermis, the patient is advised to continue treatment by an ophthalmologist.
The presence of white spots on the skin of the eyelids may indicate serious internal problems. At the first detection of entities, it is recommended to undergo an initial examination by a doctor and pass the necessary tests.