Varicose dermatitis on the legs and treatment of the lower extremities
Causes varicose dermatitis and treatments
People suffering from varicose veins for a long time, in some cases, faced with such a phenomenon as venous dermatitis. Pathology develops in the last stages of venous insufficiency and is characterized by the violation of the integrity of the skin. Most often, the disease attacks older people, who underwent all the stages of varicose veins. In the causes, symptoms and methods of treatment of diseases are described below.
- The causes of the disease and its course
- The stage of the disease
- The clinical picture of venous dermatitis
- Treatment of varicose dermatitis
- Drug therapy
- Additional drugs for treatment of venous dermatitis
- Dermatitis treatment folk remedies
- Recommendations for the patients with varicose dermatitis
The causes of the disease and its course
Varicose dermatitis of the lower extremities is a problem with the skin of the feet. In turn, this leads to venous disease in the legs that occurs due to the poor performance of venous valves. That is blood flowing down from the heart to the legs, can not fully return to the heart from the bottom up. The result is a stagnation of blood in the legs, extension of blood vessels and varicose veins. Varicose dermatitis also known as varicose eczema.
Important: women are more likely to suffer from such disorders than men. In case of untimely treatment of the disease it can lead to disability.
The main reasons for the development of dermatitis on the feet are:
- Venous insufficiency with chronic;
- Varicose veins of the legs;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Thrombosis of deep and superficial veins;
- Viral infection;
- Leg injuries as a result of which were injured and Vienna.
The stage of the disease
As long as the legs will have sores, the disease progresses from the inside. The entire mechanism can be divided into stages:
- Early. In this case, patient feels pain in the legs after a day of work and swelling.
- The average stage. The skin surface appears vascular, venous pattern, the pain increases. Swelling bad subsided even in the morning after rest.
- Progressive. In this case, impaired sensitivity of the legs of the patient can be concerned about the cramps. On the surface of the formed skin redness, seal and bubbles. They burst, forming a dense crust of yellow color.
- Advanced stage. The formation of single or multiple venous ulcers that may fester.
The clinical picture of venous dermatitis
Varicose dermatitis treatment requires a thorough, and both outside and inside. The clinical picture of this pathology may scare the patient and others. In addition, venous dermatitis delivers a lot of physiological problems, its owner (the inability to wear tights, high boots, etc.). The symptoms of the pathology is as follows:
- Inflamed skin on the calves of the legs change its color to red-violet. The skin feels hot.
- The presence of a persistent itching in inflamed skin area.
- Swelling of the lower extremities in the evening.
- The formation of painful bubbles of liquid, which then burst.
- The occurrence of ulcers in places the bursting of the bubble.
- Non-healing wounds on the feet that can further become infected.
Important: in the advanced form the disease can lead to sepsis, gangrene, loss of limb.
Treatment of varicose dermatitis
Treatment of varicose dermatitis is complex and requires a comprehensive approach. Doctor phlebologist or surgeon should set itself the following tasks:
- To obtain the gain of vascular tone via receiving angioprotectors;
- Efficiently to increase the blood flow in the legs via wearing compression hosiery;
- To achieve full recovery of the skin on the lower extremities using an external ointments and gels, as well as folk remedies.
Important: when the poor efficacy of the therapy specialist assigns surgical intervention.
To treat varicose eczema in the first place should medication. Therefore, the expert assigns angioprotectors, such as:
- The caffeine, etc.
As external means of venotonic prescribed creams and gels. Such
- The gels based on horse chestnut;
- Heparin ointment and.
As hormonal therapy improves the condition of the patient with complicated disease, prescribed hormonal creams and ointments such as:
- Hydrocortisone ointment;
- Ftorokort etc.
To moisturize inflamed skin at the initial stages of the disease, prescribe moisturizing products for external use:
- Indomethacin, etc.
For healing resulting in an advanced stage of the RAS specialist compulsorily appoint ointments, containing zinc, tar, naphthalene. The most effective in this case are:
- Zinc ointment;
- Naphtaderm, etc.
Additional drugs for treatment of venous dermatitis
In addition to targeted therapy, the doctor may prescribe the patient and the medication to treat other side symptoms type itching and burning. This use of antihistamines:
- Erius, etc.
Important: in the complex to relieve itching, you can use the outer anti-Allergy creams and ointments. In this case, the prescribed fenistil gel or ointment Dimedrolum.
In addition, if the patient expressed severe pain, the doctor appoints painkillers and anti-bacterial ointments.
Dermatitis treatment folk remedies
If the reader tries to figure out how to treat venous dermatitis, you can try to treat the pathology and on their own. But only if consent from the attending physician. If consent is obtained, use of such methods and tools:
- Compresses of aloe. Cut along the leaves of the plant are applied to wounds for 10-15 minutes. You can also use the pulp of plants.
- Tincture of Kalanchoe. To prepare the jar 0.5 litre capacity is filled with the chopped leaves of the plant and pour the brim with vodka. Clean infusion in a dark place and kept for a week. After that, the means of the tail and RUB them sore feet twice a day.
- Honey and garlic. In this case, 250 gr. garlic ground to a pulp and pour 350 ml of honey. Insist tool a week, then take 1 tsp three times a day before meals. The therapy is 60 days.
- A cabbage leaf. Of plants are doing the compresses. That is cabbage leaves soften and apply to the sore spot. Sheet need to bandage and wear for 2-3 days. Then compress change.
Recommendations for the patients with varicose dermatitis
To drug therapy had the desired effect, patients should follow a number of recommendations:
- To lose weight varicose veins through diet and exercise;
- Try to walk more to provoke the outflow of blood from the legs to the heart;
- In the case of raising the foot above heart level, to accelerate the outflow of blood from the legs;
- Wear clothing and knitwear made of cotton;
- Don’t buy and don’t wear heels, the height of which exceeds 4 cm;
- Do not use strong alkaline soap to wash aching legs with ulcers;
- To enter into the diet rotensterngasse products such as buckwheat, sweet pepper, Aronia, etc.
Important: subject to all guidelines and when properly selected treatment, you can successfully defeat and cure vascular dermatitis. In the worst case you will see the surgery to remove the affected veins.
All of the above, it is not a manual for self-medication, and has only a General introductory part. The appointment of any drug especially with such a complicated and dangerous disease should be performed only by a professional after a thorough examination of the patient.