The types of psoriasis, the stage of development and form: the localization and treatment
Types of psoriasis and stages of development
Scientists studying psoriasis for more than 150 years, and still not fully unraveled the «mysteries» of this disease. It is known that the disease provokes a genetic mutation or an inadequate response of an organism to a stimulus. Once faced with the symptoms to get rid of it not to happen ever. The only consolation for the sick people is what doctors can adjust the stage of psoriasis and restore the health of the patient for a certain period of time. Well-developed schema therapy, you can prolong the period of remission of the disease, and to reduce the intensity of relapse. This is very important, taking into account the fact that in addition to the physical suffering, the disease brings and aesthetic discomfort.
- Types of disease
- Features disease the location
- The stage of the disease
Types of disease
Modern medicine is good knowledge of this autoimmune disease and distinguishes the following types of psoriasis:
- pustular — regardless of the degree usually attributed to severe forms of the disease. Characterized by the manifestation of pustules with clear content on the background of the inflamed skin. The rash may merge with each other and form large bubbles. When the bubble burst, formed by erosion or oozing erythema that gives the burning sensation and pain. This form of disease develops, usually on the genitals and in the creases of the hands. The clinical picture is complemented by fever, malaise and headache;
- exudative – evolving, with severely reduced immunity and increased sweating may occur on the background of obesity, hyperthyroidism and diabetes mellitus. Skin that constantly sweats, color scales are in yellow color with a moist crust. If you tear the crust open, bright red glossy skin surface that does not bleed;
- psoriatic arthritis is a consequence of delayed treatment of other forms of the disease. The inflammation in this type of disease is localized not only in the surface layers of the skin, it affects the connective and bone tissue. Affected joints of the fingers, toes, and metacarpal-carpal joint;
- erythroderma is a severe form of psoriasis, which requires treatment in hospital. On the patient’s skin marked red inflammation that do not depend on plaques and papules, they can include both. Inflammation merge with each other, completely hitting the skin. In place of defeat there is a strong swelling and soreness of the skin. The patient’s temperature rises and swept aside General intoxication of the organism;
- plaque — a mild form of psoriasis, which is the most common among the population. The main clinical symptom of this kind of psoriasis is presence of red spots of different sizes that tower over the main covering of the skin and covered with white scales;
- teardrop is the most harmless kind of disease, when there is peeling, petechial rash. Can occur on the background of streptococcal infection, the localization of guttate psoriasis, usually limited, concentrated rash on the thighs;
- atypical psoriasis types may have different, that is localized in unusual places, for example, on the head, on the genitals, on the face and the folds of the limbs. The clinical picture will resemble the patchy form of the disease.
As can be seen from the above, all kinds of psoriasis have their own characteristics, and require different approaches in treatment.
Affected skin, note these types of psoriasis-mild, moderate and severe.In mild over rash affects less than 3% of human skin. Moderate form of the disease captures from 3 to 10% of the skin and severe course manifested in an intense precipitation of more than 10% of the skin.
Features disease the location
Clinical symptoms is often manifested in the matter where there is more than just a rash. The nature of the rash and the place of its localization, sometimes already by visual inspection, which enables the doctor to draw some conclusions about the possible psoriasis. Under normal plaque form of the disease, affected psoriasis on the elbow. In exudative psoriasis noted a rash on the Palmar surfaces, which become less elastic due to the formation of a thick stratum corneum. When atypical forms of the disease, the formation of scales on the flexor surface of the joints. Types of psoriasis on legs, have a clear identity with manifestations in the hands and, as a rule, they are diagnosed together.
When notes generalization process, symptoms of psoriasis appear on other parts of the body, it is required to note that on the back of the scales appear more often than on my stomach.
Atypical forms of psoriasis can affect a person’s face. Scales can be located in the area of nasolabial folds, eyebrows, and even around the eyes. Very rarely involves the border of the lips. Can affect the scalp, sometimes to know skin lesions in the area of hair growth, helps psoriatic crown. At the base of hair growth on the frontal part, forming an inflamed red area. Ears plaque formation very rarely, and only if the person has a serious violation of the metabolism.
If there is psoriatic arthritis can be damaged in the nail plate. People often confuse psoriasis on nails with onychomycosis, consequently slowing down the treatment and to be wrong therapy. Photo all types of the disease, can be seen online at many medical sites.
It will be interesting to see what differences in the nature of symptoms will not only cover the location of the lesions of the rash, but the seasonality of the disease. Very often, people with chronic diseases has increased rashes under certain weather conditions, and there is a connection with the change of season. People can progress winter or summer psoriasis. The treatment is also different, for example, people with the summer type of psoriasis, ultraviolet radiation is contraindicated, and for patients with a winter type of the disease it is very effective.
The stage of the disease
In order to correctly assign treatment, a doctor is obliged to determine not only the clinical form of the disease, but also to understand at what stage of psoriasis to be patient. Only there are three stages of psoriasis:
As the disease is characterized by undulating course, progressive stage of psoriasis suggests the aggravation. The patient may know her, closely examining your skin, it will be new papules, and plaques. Skin extensor surfaces of the extremities becomes red and become swollen. If on the body are scaly plaques during the progression of the disease bezel they become bright red. Sometimes, at this stage, say any more sore spots than the face. Progressive psoriasis can also be differentiated by the fact that any, even the slightest scratch or damage on the skin, saieva, do not turn into scars, and in the new psoriatic plaques.
Stationary phase of psoriasis – a striking indication that the disease goes into remission. If there was severe psoriasis stationary phase suggests that medical therapy was successful. At this time, the patient may mark the cessation of the appearance of a new rash, plaques strongly flakes, no red border around their perimeter, existing skin plaques start to shrink in size. Damage to the skin, turn into plaque, and heal without leaving marks.
The most awaited stage of the disease is a regression, it suggests that the exacerbation of the disease has passed completely. At this time, patients can see a reduction or complete cessation of peeling on the plaques. Tumors become less noticeable, if there is a mild form of the disease, the skin may not remain visible signs of the disease. Severe psoriasis on the stage of regression leave behind dark rough spots, but they do not bleed and do not cause itching. The last thing at this time should the patient is to remove the remaining traces of the illness, it is likely that if you injure the site of inflammation, will mark the re-aggravation.
Psoriatic skin lesions has a number of symptoms that make it similar to seborrheic dermatitis. People not counting the dermatitis is a serious disease, simply allowed the disease to chance, deliberately provoking a chronic form of psoriasis. The disease is not getting adequate treatment to remain permanently in the stage of progression, and ultimately, begins to cause serious consequences.
Now that you know what forms and stages of development has psoriasis. Seeing the characteristic symptoms of the disease, you will not waste time and immediately go to the doctor. Even if your guesses were in vain, and psoriasis you have, it is better to be safe and ensure good health, than to suffer the consequences of terminal disease.