The symptoms and treatment of fungus on toes
The fungus disease of the toes has a medical name – antropophilic fungus Tinea pedum, which means athlete’s foot. The disease affects finger folds, and then propagated in a moist environment, as well as warm. The risk group includes the following groups of people:
- often the affected athletes;
- people who go in a closed and «breathable» shoes, the appearance of the fungus serve as synthetic socks;
- the disease appears in individuals who have diabetes mellitus or have impaired metabolism may weakened immune system.
Men unlike women and children are often exposed to disease. After contact with the infected skin and wear someone else’s shoes, to the toes appears a athlete’s foot fungus. Trouble can be found in the following places:
- the pool
For whatever reasons, appears illness
Fungus on fingers appears for the following reasons:
- Formed when a moist and warm environment on foot;
- When damage to the skin and the presence of small cracks, wounds, ulcers or sores;
- Due to the inconvenient or poor-quality shoes;
- Provocateur of the disease can become exhaustion or physical fatigue;
- In common areas there is always a spread of the disease;
- The disease sometimes appears in the period of wearing of the child or after bacteriosis, even due to varicose veins.
Some common types of fungal infection most common fungal infection of the foot, it completely affects the human epidermis. Many people believe that the disease is a cosmetic problem. On the skin after rapid multiplication of the fungi are capable of forming toxins, after penetration into the blood the human body accumulates large amount of poisons and toxic substances.
It is recommended to observe the first signs of a fungal infection. It initially affects the fingers if not treated, will develop interdigital tinea.
The symptoms of the disease and characterization of
Some common types of fungal attack the skin of the foot can be considered a interdigital tinea. Medical practice is considering several forms of the disease:
- acute form – intertriginous;
- chronic – squamous;
Between the toes there is swelling, when it begins to develop intertriginosny form. The skin becomes red, she’s wet and raw. Between the third, fourth and fifth toes observed serious lesions of the skin.
The extent to which the disease is expressed
Blisters filled with fluid
The symptoms are different. The specific type of infection manifests itself differently. In ascending order of discomfort and infection disease differs in the following forms:
- Of the main features can distinguish the formation of the peeling and cracking. Within a short period of time it is necessary to consult a dermatologist.
- Among the disease is allocated a squamous gipertroficescoy form. The fungus is accompanied by severe itching, which alternates a burning sensation. Toes covered with a crust of white color. The skin begins to peel off.
- There is intertriginous form. At this stage there is redness of the fingers, and then swelling of the limbs. The top layer of the skin begins to flake off. On the affected area and the border.
- Upon detection disgidroticheskaya form there is the appearance of blisters, which accumulates the liquid, bubbles appear on the entire foot. For this form of the disease characterized by the appearance of bleeding wounds, burning and intense itching.
Folk remedies against the disease
If bad symptoms and small lesions of the skin are permitted to carry out treatment using folk remedies, and use tested recipes:
- Boil potato peels to soften and drain the liquid. The affected feet to keep the broth to stop together with nails and fingers were covered with potato mixture. At the end of the procedure the limb be placed in warm water, rinse and wipe dry and then treated with pork fat. Treatment is recommended every day until the disappearance of the disease.
- Mix water and 70% acetic essence and knead dough. To get rid of fungus on the toes need the damaged area to cover the test. After some time the separation of the nail.
- To get rid of the disease with the help of lemon, the damaged areas to impose slices of citrus, and then fix them with a bandage. The treatment is carried out for 8-10 days.
- When strong manifestations of the disease and with the progression of the disease are advised to prepare the bath on the basis of aspen bark, at the rate of 100 grams of the bark in half a liter of water.
- A mixture of garlic is also excellent remedy. For the preparation you will need 2 cloves, which should chop and mix with 100 grams of butter. Clean the affected areas should be treated with a mixture. Through the week there is improvement, but to treat the limbs is necessary during the month.
- Towering mountain ash leaves will help get rid of fungus on the toes in the summertime. Plant grind to form a paste and in a compress to apply it on the affected area for 10 days.
- Helps fight disease series, camomile and violet. The ingredients used in equal proportions, the plants infuse in 1 liter of boiled water. To the affected area to attach the gauze, which should be moistened in the infusion.
Medications should be used if treatment of folk remedies have no effect. It is necessary to consult a specialist for advice.
The initial stage of development of the disease are well treated with effective drugs that are designed to remove fungus on your toes. Among the drugs highlighted in antifungal ointments and creams. After treatment, the skin gets rid of the fungal infection. Properly selected ointment easily and quickly cope with the initial stage of the disease.
Comprehensive treatment, which provides for the use of drugs determined by a doctor in severe advanced stage of the disease. After detection of the first symptoms it is recommended not to delay and not to debug, and immediately consult a specialist. The sooner taken, the easier it is the treatment. Items must be disinfected. Socks and insoles should be discarded, and instead buy a new one.
How to apply ointments and creams:
- the effectiveness of the drugs is the elimination of inflammatory processes;
- disappears itching and burning, one finds a comfort;
- the affected areas be protected from pathogens which can penetrate the epidermis;
- the skin disinfected. Ointment resolves inflammation and inhibits the spread of infection from penetrating into the healthy parts of the skin;
- it eliminates unpleasant odor, which proceeded from the feet;
- there is a destruction of pathogenic microbes, development is stopped and is not covered.
Among the most effective ointments are the following:
Clotrimazole – contains a wide range of actions. The main types of fungal infection are eliminated the active components of the drug. In a short time the disease is quickly eliminated. This happens due to the blocking of the synthesis of pathogenic microorganisms, which develop at the cellular level. The drug has no contraindications. The tool can take the following:
- pregnant women;
Nizoral is one of the medications that has fungicidal and fungistatic action. Thanks to the active ingredients, after use, the agents of the fungus stops reproducing.
Terbinafine – ointment adversely affects the reproduction of microorganisms.
Upon detection of the fungus on the toe, you should immediately take action and treat. Before taking any medicines it is necessary to visit a dermatologist, he will establish the correct diagnosis, and prescribe drugs that will easily remove the ailment. Time has not taken measures will lead to unbearable suffering. Health will become worse due to the uncomfortable state, and human life will be no joy. The first symptoms prevent the development of terrible disease.