The most effective medications from nail mycosis
How to get rid of fungus toenails. Which antifungal is most effective. Medications for topical and oral use. Consider all the details.
Nail fungus on the feet and hands is a common and intractable infectious disease caused by pathogenic fungal spores. Infection most often exposed to the skin of the feet and nail plates of the toes and hands. The most effective treatment is in the early stages of the disease, when the area and depth of infection is small.
Upon detection of the first signs of damage (itching, reddening of the skin, thickening and nails) should immediately begin treatment of the disease. Modern medicine offers a wide choice of effective medicines designed to fight different types of nail fungus – antifungal lacquers, solutions, sprays, effective ointment and also oral treatment.
The most effective medication for nail fungus
The pharmaceutical industry is among consumers a variety of effective antifungal agents. But in each individual case necessary to consult a doctor because only a specialist can properly determine the type and degree of spread of a fungal infection.
In addition, protivomikrobnye funds (for local applications and internal) are potent antibiotics and have a number of side effects and contraindications. Self-medication, an incorrect diagnosis can worsen the course of the disease, lead to the development of the sustainability of various forms of fungi to medicines, further progression of the infection.
Modern treatment for nail fungus have fungicidal and fungistatic action, that is, they are not only completely destroy the fungus, but also suspend further development and growth of fungal cells, thus ensuring long lasting positive treatment effect.
Often lesions of the feet and nails occurs fungal infections, including several different types of fungi and bacteria. In this case, the good effect of the treatment can be achieved by alternating anti-fungal drugs topical application in combination with oral medications.
The most effective means of nail fungus at present are:
- terbinafine (lamisil);
- ketoconazole (nizoral);
- Itraconazole (Orungal);
- fluconazole (diflucan);
- natamycin (pimafucin).
It is highly effective, with protivojikotnam the wide range, which allows their use for the treatment of nail fungus caused by different types of fungal infection.
Varnish vs nail fungus
If the time to start the treatment of mycosis, when the defeat of the nails are not too common, it is possible to achieve a positive effect of local treatments – antifungal paints and solutions against nail fungus.
- Loceryl nail, active ingredient – amorolfine, has a strong antifungal activity. Loceryl penetrates well into the structure of the nail, the action inside the affected tissues continues even at 7-10 days after application. Concentration in the body is negligible after prolonged use. Effective with the defeat of nails not more than 2/3.
- Batrafen is the best potent tool of the latest generation of the fungus on the nails. Active in the fight against the 58 variants of the strains. Already 1 hour after the first application starts the process of active healing and the gradual accumulation of the concentration of the active substance – ciclopirox, which destroys the cell membrane of fungi, blocking the process of reproduction, penetrates the nail plate and the skin under it. Helps in the most advanced cases.
Antinicotine topical use preparations
If the fungus struck not only the nail but also the skin of the feet or hands, it is recommended to apply on the affected areas of the cream and topical ointment, among which the most popular and effective are:
- Lamisil cream or gel, the active substance is terbinafine hydrochloride. The drug has active fungicidal and fungistatic effects for a number of fungi: molds, dimorphic, dermatophytes, yeast fungi. The gel is absorbed faster and penetrates better into the skin. According to numerous reviews of the patients using lamisil, this gel (cream) is the most effective treatment for foot fungus (feet, space between toes).
To peers Lamizila include Terbinafine (cream and ointment), Terbisil, Atifin, Activin, Lamicel spray.
- Nizoral – active antifungal ingredient ketoconazole, a broad-spectrum. Available in the form of cream, ointment, shampoo (for the treatment of fungus of the scalp and hair, dandruff, provoked by the fungal infection).
- Zalain – active substance sertaconazole. Very effective for the treatment of fungus of the skin of the hands, feet, skin folds, genitals. Before using the product recommended to consult a doctor.
- Mikospor (bifonazole) is a solution highly effective against fungus of the feet and hands, gives excellent results treatment against the most common types.
Oral anti-fungal medication
Running stage onihomikozov difficult to treat, and use only outside of drugs is not enough. In such cases it is necessary to use oral medications that very effectively influence the course of disease, affect the fungus from the inside, prevent further disease development. The particular positive result can be achieved by using the complex treatment in the form of tablets and ointments.
In most cases tablets against nail fungus can have a toxic effect on the human body, affecting fat-containing internal organs, the liver and kidneys. But, at the same time, these drugs have a powerful therapeutic impact, effectively destroying fungi of various kinds, contributing to a full recovery. Therefore, all oral drugs should be taken strictly on prescription of a specialist (mycologist), taking into account possible side effects.
The most effective means for oral administration to date are:
- Mycosyst. The active substance is fluconazole. The drug is very effective against foot fungus and is active against a spectrum of fungal infections.
- Orungal – is considered the most efficient drug from a fungus on his feet. Active substance – Itraconazole. Destroys a broad range of fungi. Accumulates quickly and is well distributed in the affected by the fungus tissues.
- Nizoral is a drug in the form of tablets or drops, active ingredient – ketoconazole. The tablets have a good therapeutic effect even in advanced stages of the disease. Drops Nizoral take to the earlier stages of the development of fungal infections.
- Lamisil (terbinafine). Pills effective against fungus of the feet, legs and hair. Active against wide range of fungal infections, accumulates in the skin, nails and hair, providing fungicidal effect.
All of these drugs should be taken with great care, strictly adhering to the prescribed dosage and duration of treatment. When the manifestation of side effects, the medication should stop immediately and consult a doctor. With caution you need to take tablets or capsules to patients with various disorders of the kidneys and liver.
The need for treatment of mycosis and its prophylaxis
Fungal spores are very resilient, the affected areas are difficult to treat, the course may last from 2 to 4 months. It is impossible to interrupt the treatment, because even a small lesion under favorable conditions enables the development of new infections. Even after full recovery it is necessary to observe rules of hygiene, to avoid contact with someone else’s shoes.
Prevention is recommended to treat feet and shoes with antifungal sprays or other effective means, especially after visiting public places: swimming pools, saunas, beaches, showers, sports facilities.
Only a comprehensive treatment, combined with preventive measures, will help to permanently defeat the fungus.