The keratitis — what is it and how to treat: the initial stage
What is keratitis and how to treat it?
There are many skin diseases. The most common lesions of the epidermis, called keratitis. What is keratitis? It is a skin neoplasm benign nature, does not cause pain, but brings palpable aesthetic inconvenience. Consider why there keratomas, what types of education are, and how to cure the disease.
- What is keratitis?
- Causes of
- Seborrheic (age, senile, senile) keratitis
- Solar keratitis
- Follicular keratitis
- Horny keratitis
- Treatment and symptoms
- Surgical removal of the keratoma
What is keratitis?
The epidermis consists of five layers. Skin disease can affect any layer. The top layer – of the cornea. The keratitis is not a specific disease. When the doctor puts a diagnosis, it means the total collective name of several pathological elements of the skin benign nature.
The keratitis is formed from the upper cells of the epidermis, affects the stratum corneum. Generally speaking, the term «keratitis» appears clinically and morphologically vague, as it does not reflect the characteristics of each type of benign tumors.
Important: danger of keratomas is that her injury, exposure to ultraviolet rays, radiation, inadequate treatment etc. triggers that may lead to the transformation of education into a malignant tumor.
Any type of keratoma is formed by the epithelial cells of the skin, which are located in the outer layer of the skin, in direct contact with the environment. Keratomas in normal condition is a cosmetic defect that does not constitute a threat to the health and life of the patient. The desire to get rid of the pathological element caused by external burdens.
However, in clinical practice, despite the harmlessness of the neoplasm, there are some complications. They are caused by mechanical injury of the tumor, resulting in it can easily go viral, bacterial and fungal infections. As a result, is developing a microbial form of eczema, herpes, etc. piodermia problems with the skin.
The immediate cause of the formation of the keratoma is the seal of the upper layer of epithelial tissue. Pathological process is based on age-related changes in the human body, which leads to inadequate response of cells on exposure to ultraviolet rays.
Pigmentation is formed much faster, at the same time manifested keratinization – a keratinization of the epidermis. In most clinical pictures the location of the is exposed areas of the body, which confirms the negative impact of the sun’s rays.
Another reason is the disruption of the immune system. It is noted that in the elderly significantly reduced immune status that becomes the impetus to the formation of keratomas. Unfortunately, aging is a natural process.
- Violation of neuroendocrine nature.
- The disorder of metabolic processes in the body;
- Long-term use of antibiotics or diuretic medication;
- Harmful effects on the skin of poisons of vegetable origin, or other chemical components;
- A lack of vitamin A;
- Hormonal imbalance;
- Regular friction of the skin under clothing.
Note: a key factor in the development of the neoplasm supports the dose of solar radiation received by an individual over a long period. Therefore, a group at risk of fall chocolate lovers tan.
Before you learn how to get rid of keratomas, consider what kinds there are, what are their distinctive features. In modern medical practice specialists, using the classification of tumors, which are composed in accordance with etiological factors.
Seborrheic (age, senile, senile) keratitis
Having considered keratitis what it is, let us dwell on the different kinds. Senile keratitis has several names senile or age. Already from the name it is clear that senile keratitis inherent in patients of older age group.
Seborrheic neoplasm associated with excessive production of sebum. At the initial stage of pathology is a small spot, which slightly rises above the surface of the skin. Slick to the touch, slightly rough, can be of different colors, able to increase in size. When the keratitis finally grow up, that in appearance it resembles «something» glued to the skin.
The likelihood of malignant transformation varies from 8 to 35%, which is a lot. Change is observed under a combination of adverse factors. Depending on the peculiarities of the histological structure of senile keratomas are of the following types:
These types of keratoma skin represent 5 successive stages of tumors that are listed in the order of transformation of each other. The initial stage of development – spotted form, the last stage of transition.
Solar keratitis is a type of tumor that develops due to the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation. The more often a person is in the course of his life under the sunlight, the higher the likelihood of disease.
Worth knowing: in the early stages of the formation of the solar keratitis appears small painful spots or bubbles round shape, the size varies from 1 mm to 2 cm.
Depending on the symptoms of tumors are of the following types:
- Erythematous type is manifested by lesions of different size, the spot has a lot of hard scales. Early pathological element about 1-2 mm, as the progression of the disease increases to 1-2 cm.
- Keratomycosis view is formed due to the thickening of the stratum corneum of scales that cover the surface of tumors. If they scrape under them remains chapped skin bright red;
- Warty tumors accompanied by a type «cauliflower»;
- Horny kind of skin growth that looks like a horn;
- Pigmentation the form of brown spot, covered with scales. Rough to the touch, often formed on the forehead or in the region of the ears;
- The proliferative type is the plaque of oval form, raised above the surface of the skin. The edges of the element fuzzy, size up to 4 cm in diameter.
Ceratophyllum require adequate treatment, as their injuries can lead to various complications.
Vascular pathology, which is characterized by the appearance of tumors, is accompanied by a thickening of the Horny layer of the skin. The keratitis of the skin of this species is not fully understood. When angiokeratoma first spots appear on the body with brown, black or red. In the early stages of the disease pathological elements is small, however, tend to increase.
There are several varieties of the disease, so the question of how to treat keratitis this type, tell the doctor. The disease rarely leads to complications, with the exception of the disease paints (inherited).
The keratitis on the skin is extremely rare. In appearance, the neoplasm resembles a dense knot that has the correct rounded shape. It protrudes above the surface of the skin that has a pink or gray tint. The knot tends to increase in size, up to 2 inches. Follicular keratitis on the face is localized most often. Usually located on the upper lip or forehead, while closer to the boundary of the scalp.
Cutaneous horn is not just a rough mole. The pathology resembles a small horn elongated. Formed of dense Horny scales, which are soldered among themselves in an extremely dense mass.
Fact: most often Horny keratitis occurs against the backdrop of the senile or solar neoplasms. The reason for the conversion is a number of factors – sun burn, minor injury, infectious diseases of a chronic nature, etc.
Treatment and symptoms
The keratitis on the body, on the head and other parts of the skin does not cause pain and discomfort. The symptoms can be attributed to «alien» tumor in the form of a cosmetic defect.
Dry mole can be transformed. Symptoms of malignant transformation include the following features:
Treatment of keratomas is mechanical removal. No treatment folk remedies will not give the desired therapeutic effect, on the contrary, alternative methods can exacerbate the problem.
Methods for removal of keratomas diverse. However, medical experts recommend the resort to them in cases when there is a suspicion of malignant degeneration. To remove the tumors the following techniques are used:
- The application of laser. Effective way, contributes to the destruction of all cells of the neoplasm, which guarantees the absence of recurrence. Removal is performed in one procedure, the recovery period varies from 1 to 2 weeks;
- The use of liquid nitrogen. This procedure is conducted without anesthesia. During the procedure, the patient feels a burning sensation on the skin. The essence of the use of nitrogen – the destruction of the element structure. Complications of this method include scarring, because there is no way to control the depth of tissue damage;
- Electrocoagulation is a cauterization by electric current. During the procedure, the impact on the pathological tumor, which leads to heating of the tissue tumors, they are burned locally. Advantages: the method is quite efficient, does not lead to scarring.
After removal of the neoplasm the patient is required to treat the affected area with antiseptic solutions. These methods are gentle options rarely lead to the development of side effects.
Surgical removal of the keratoma
Under the surgical removal means the cutting out of a tumor using a surgical scalpel. Manipulation is performed under local anesthesia. This method can be used for cutting any type of keratoma. The benefits include speed and efficiency.
Disadvantages – relatively long rehabilitation period, also at the place of operation remains an ugly scar. Therefore, if the education of the person from this option should be abandoned.
The keratitis is a benign tumor, but it can degenerate into malignant cancer, and therefore requires special attention. If the patient does not want to remove anomalous element on the skin, it is recommended to visit a dermatologist twice a year to monitor.