Suprastine — instructions for use of tablets
The drug Suprastine — usage instructions
Today, modern dermatologists and allergists often prescribe drops Suprastinum for the treatment of skin reactions and other allergic manifestations. The drug has a depressing effect on the production of histamines. The result is prolonged and stable therapeutic effect. How to take the drug and than it can be replaced if necessary, examine our material.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Indications Suprastina
- Side effects
- Method of application and doses
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
Antihistamine Suprastine can be found in pharmacies in the form of:
- Drops for oral administration. The liquid has no color and is characterized by a barely pronounced flavor of acetic acid.
- Suprastine pills. Pills are round and domed on both sides form. Color tablets — white. Each tablet is engraved in the form of the letter E on one side. On the other hand on tablets engraved 281.
All components of the drug, taken in any form, are absorbed into the bloodstream from the stomach and intestines. Through the blood they reach the nerve receptors, inhibiting histamines. It is important to understand that the simultaneous intake of food together with drug slows the rate of its absorption. Withdrawal of the drug in 86% through the kidneys along with the urine. The rest of its decay products can be disposed of with feces.
Instructions for use and composition
The drug Suprastine drops or tablets has a specific chemical composition. At the same time and in tablets, drops and main active substance is levocetirizine dihydrochloride. As auxiliary components in the pills are used:
- Silicon microcrystalline cellulose;
- Silicon dioxide colloidal;
- Nizkosoleva of hyprolose;
- Lactose monohydrate;
- Titanium dioxide;
- Triacetin and macrogol;
- Magnesium stearate.
Drops Suprastine auxiliary substances are:
- Propylene glycol;
- Trihydrate sodium acetate;
- Sodium saccharin;
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- Glacial acetic acid;
- Purified water.
Those who wish to know what Suprastine prescribed, you can consult the list of readings below. In particular a medicament in the form of tablets or drops are prescribed in such cases:
- Rhinitis, seasonal allergic;
- Like rashes eczema, hives, contact dermatitis;
- Hay fever;
- Itching in cases of rosacea.
Instructions for use Suprastina States that the drug is not recommended to appoint and to accept in such cases:
- Hypersensitivity to one or more product components;
- Renal insufficiency in terminal stage;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Lactase deficiency and the corresponding lactose intolerant;
- Children up to 6 years (pills);
- Children up to 2 years (drops).
Be wary appoint drug in such cases:
- Renal failure chronic;
- Pathology of the spinal cord;
- BPH and hyperplasia;
- The elderly patients;
Despite the fact that reviews about Suprastine quite positive, yet the careless use of a drug may have different side effects and reactions. In particular, there are undesirable effects:
- The manifestation of hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis;
- Dry mucous membranes of mouth and nose;
- Apathy and drowsiness;
- Pain in the abdomen.
In very rare cases, may experience these reactions:
- Increased appetite;
- Sleep disorders, insomnia;
- Aggression and hallucinations;
- Syncope, dizziness, tremor of the hands;
- Decline vision;
- Tachycardia and shortness of breath.
Important: the manifestation of any adverse symptoms, you must urgently stop taking the drug and notify the physician.
Method of application and doses
To take the drug Suprastine in any form as you can on an empty stomach, and during the meal, squeezed small amount of liquid. Drops can be diluted in a teaspoon of water before swallowing. The daily dose of the drug recommended to take at one time:
- Children from 6 years old to adults Suprastine pills prescribed number of pills 1 day. Or 20 drops (drops) times per day;
- Kids 2-6 years appoint only a bit. Dosage of Allergy is 10 drops to 2 doses a day. That is, 5 drops morning and 5 drops in the evening.
Important: the maximum dose drops for a child should be 2.5 mg. Course of treatment is not more than a week. However, the length of treatment depends on the patient. In practice, cases of drug application Suprastine for 6 months.
Analogues of the drug
If the mother of the child is not satisfied with the description of the drug, and she wants to replace the drug of the new generation Suprastinum on the more familiar drug, it is possible to buy in pharmacies such medicines in the form of tablets or suspensions. So, you can choose from this list of drugs:
- Cetirizine or Cethrin (tablets). The drug can be given for kids from 1 year, since the drug is sold in the form of drops, suspensions and tablets. The form the drug is selected in accordance with the age of the child patient;
- Suprastin for children in the form of pills. Here pills be permitted to patients from 1 year. The tablet will be divided into 4 parts and turn the dose in the powder;
- Letizen. The drug Slovak pharmaceutical company, manufactured in tablets and in the form of a solution. The solution is to assign children from 1 year;
- Zodak (drops, syrup and tablets). Is a complete analogue of Cetirizine. The drug is in the form of syrup administered to babies from 6 months. Has an excellent therapeutic effect;
- Glance (drug tablets). Appoint patients 6 years of age and older;
- Xyzal (these pills and drops for internal use). You can assign children 2 years of age in the form of drops. Older patients are prescribed pills;
- Alzet (tablets). The drug is in the form of pills is prescribed for patients 2 years of age and older. When medication for kids it is advisable to grind the tablet to a fine powder.
It is important to remember that to replace Suprastine other drugs is necessary only with the approval of the attending physician. As-prescription drugs, especially to kids may lead to unexpected consequences.