Snoop — reviews and analogues: application instructions
Drug Snoop Allergy
When allergic rhinitis of different etiology today frequently prescribed drug Snoop, and a variety of analogs of Snoop. The drugs aimed at the narrowing of the blood vessels of the nasopharynx and as a consequence of the neutralization of the swelling. As a result, the patient reduces the amount of secreted nasal mucus and restores free breathing through the nose. In what should be the correct application of Snoop in Allergy and than it can be replaced in which case, good material below.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Indications for use
- Instructions for use and composition
- Adverse reactions
- Analogues of the drug and their comparative characteristics
Pharmacological effect and release form
Drug Snoop is implemented in the pharmacies of Russia in the form of a nasal spray. Capacity of bottle is 15 ml., based on single doses 150 doses. The bottle is Packed in a cardboard box and has the applicator for more efficient atomization of the spray.
The drug is a good vasoconstrictor effect and is literally 5-10 minutes after application, the patient feels considerable relief. A similar effect of the drug provides a valid component of Xylometazoline hydrochloride. He stimulates alpha-adrenoreceptors in the smooth muscle layer of all blood vessels in the nasal mucosa. As a result, goes swelling and redness of the mucous membranes, reduces the severity of rhinitis.
Important: the action of one dose lasts for Snoop to 5 hours.
Indications for use
Drug Snoop and its analogs is indicated for use in such cases:
- Rhinitis, triggered by SARS;
- Allergic rhinitis, including evstahiit, sinusitis, average otitis media, pollinosis;
- Conducting rhinoscopy for expansion of the sinuses under the passage of the rhinoscope.
The drug is contraindicated in patients with these diseases.
- Sensitivity to one or in all three components of the drug;
- High blood pressure;
- Uncontrolled tachycardia and/or atherosclerosis;
- Hypertension of blood;
- Atrophic rhinitis;
- Diseases of the retina, glaucoma including;
- Elevated TSH levels and hyperthyroidism;
- Surgery on the brain;
- Children up to 6 years (with caution).
Important: Snoop drops during pregnancy may appoint a doctor, if the potential benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk of fetal development. But in most cases the instructions for use in pregnancy, Snoop says that it is better to replace the drug equivalents or restricted during pregnancy homeopathy.
With caution is prescribed Snoop to such patients:
- Patients with abnormalities of the cardiovascular system;
- Patients with gipertireozom;
- Pathology of the prostate gland (prostatic hyperplasia);
- Patients with hypersensitivity to tricyclic antidepressants and other drugs that increase blood pressure.
Instructions for use and composition
A medicinal spray Snoop includes one active main component of Xylometazoline hydrochloride. Spray with a 0.1% 1 mg. And in the spray of 0.05% of its 0.5 mg. Auxiliary and additional substances in the drug are:
- Sodium chloride;
- Kalium dihydrophosphate.
Spray prescribe a multiple of the number of injections per day. In General, for different age groups recommendations for use and dosage of the spray concentration of 0.1% is as follows:
Adults and children from 6-7 years — once in each nostril maximum 2-3 times daily.
Important: children under 6 years the drug in such a concentration (of 0.1%) is not prescribed.
Spray Snoop at a concentration of 0.05% can be applied to children. Dosage is as follows:
- Children 2-6 years — 1 application in each nostril 1 time per day. It is permissible to make two injections with an interval of 6 hours;
- Adult patients and patients from 6 years — 2 sprays administered in each nostril up to 3 times per day.
Before using the spray you need to clean the nasal passages of a child or adult of mucus and dirt.
Important: the course of treatment is not more than a week. If visible results when you use Snoop for children or adults did not come, need to bother doctors and pick a different tactics of treatment.
Before you start to use Snoop, which in principle is positive, should carefully study the contraindications and adverse reactions from drug usage. The first given above. As for side effects, in most cases, they arise for the following reasons:
- Independent and spontaneous increase in the frequency of use of the aerosol (more than 3 times a day);
- Arbitrary increase treatment in the absence of the expected effect.
In fact, and in another case the patient may experience the following side reactions:
- The decline in visual acuity.
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the nose and sneezing;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Increase in blood pressure;
- Sleep disorders;
Children of 2-3 years if used Snoop can be viewed as excessive crying, loss of appetite, mood change.
Important: in any of these cases, the use of medicinal spray should stop and inform your doctor.
Analogues of the drug and their comparative characteristics
In addition to drug Snoop can be used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis and its analogues. In similar preparations the active substance is the same as in the Snoop. The difference lies in the additional components. So, analogues of discontent are:
- Drips and spray Galazolin;
- Aerosol Neolin and Otrivin;
- Xolobeni, xymelin and Xylometazoline;
- Ringstop and Rinorus;
- Only and Supreme-NHS;
- Tizin, etc.
While very popular can use Otrivin and Tizin. In this case, many patients wonder, «Otrivin or Glycine, which is better?», as well as trying to understand Snoop, or Tizin worth buying at the pharmacy. Here it is necessary to understand that all these drugs have in their composition the same active ingredient and Snoop. At the same Otrivin includes additional components in the form of essential oils.
Table of the comparative characteristics of the drugs:
The name of the drug
|Snoop||The effect occurs within 2-3 minutes
Not absorbed into the blood
The effect lasts for 5-6 hours
Affordable price (of 1.5.e.)
Jump provokes the HELL thiknig
Not for children under 2 years and pregnant
Provokes dryness of mucous membranes
Available only in spray form, which is not always convenient for young patients
|Tizin||The existence of different forms of the drug with different dosages of the active ingredient
The effect occurs after 1 minute
The effect duration from 5 to 8 hours
The possibility of using pregnant
|Not for children under 2 years
Does not have the form of a spray
The risk of overdose if drip drop
The high cost (in the range of 2 or more.e.)
|Otrivin||Several types of drugs in different forms
The presence of additional components of the medication in the form of vegetable oils
The duration of effect up to 12 hours
|A number of contraindications specific to the Snoop
The presence of additional components could trigger allergies
Absorbed into the blood in small quantities
So, given all the advantages and disadvantages of these three popular products, then you can make this summary:
- As a cheap drug for the treatment of allergic rhinitis is perfect Snoop.
- For treatment of rhinitis in pregnant women should choose Tizin.
- For the treatment of children best fit Tizin, since its release in the form of drops, which means that the drug can drip. As you know, the drops are more suitable for treating children because the nasal passages they are still very short. In this case, the injection spray can lead to the ingress of the drug in the cavity of the auditory canal, which would entail the penetration of pathogenic flora in the ear. While Glycine is one of the fastest drugs.
- If there is a need to improve the effect of the use of medicines, it is better to buy Otrivin with the inclusion of essential oils.
Also, always keep in mind that all of the above medicament for treatment of allergic rhinitis relieve only the symptoms, but do not fight with the root cause of allergies. It is therefore important to identify the root of the disease and to get rid of it under the guidance of a specialist-an allergist.