Rosacea on face symptoms: causes and treatment entities
What is rosacea: symptoms and treatment
Pink acne pink acne, rosacea on the face is synonymous of chronic diseases of the skin, which is accompanied by the appearance of persistent areas of redness, formation of boils, abscesses, tubercles, etc. dermatological lesions. When the advanced form of the disease there is a loss of vision, irreversible thickening and infiltration of the skin. The deterioration of the appearance often leads to mental and emotional problems. Consider causes and treatment of rosacea, prevention, and consequences.
- Causes of rosacea
- The symptoms of rosacea
- Particular forms of rosacea
- Treatment of rosacea
- Diet for rosacea and prevention
Causes of rosacea
Rosacea what is it, and why does it occur? These questions concern patients who are faced with this disease. The etiology of this disease is not fully understood, but scientists put forward a number of theories, according to which the development of the disease play a role endocrine disorders, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, poor immune system, genetic factors.
Should know: the disease of rosacea is diagnosed in 8-9% of the population worldwide. The disease is most common in women, however, men are rapidly progressing to various complications. Pink acne rarely found in children and the elderly. In risk group includes fair-skinned people aged 40-50 years.
The disease of rosacea causes is the following:
In the medical community previously actively promoted the theory of mental disorders. For a long time, mental disorders were considered as one of the major factors of rosacea on the face. But research has not confirmed the theory. However, between these States there are several other connection. It is proved that in severe rosacea patients develop depressive symptoms, depressed mood, emotional lability.
The symptoms of rosacea
The symptoms of rosacea are varied. The traditional course of the pathological process includes several phased stages. The initial stage of the disease (another name for episodic erythema) accompanied by periodic appearance of redness of the nose, the cheeks, the middle part of the forehead. In women rosacea the skin may appear in the neck.
Factors that cause temporary redness, serve any hot drinks, spicy food, exposure to cold wind, intake of alcohol, intake of drugs. In addition, to trigger an episode can cosmetic applied to the face, menopause, physical stress.
Note: some scholars have suggested that rosacea develops due to excessive consumption of meat products. But this theory found a refutation, because the disease was diagnosed and vegetarians.
Symptoms of erythematous forms of the disease:
- Frequent episodes of redness. Main place of localization of congestion – forehead, nose and cheeks;
- The color of the spots bright red over time appears a bluish tinge, due to the defeat of surface capillaries;
- Swelling of the face;
- A burning sensation and flaking skin.
At the stage of papules, pustular manifestations with redness of the skin begin to appear pimples and ulcers. Acne rosacea there are a few weeks always localized groups. After leveling, as a rule, the scar tissue remains.
The swelling manifests in the forehead, between the eyebrows. At this stage patients increases the sensitivity of the skin to UV rays. After prolonged stay under the sun rays on the skin bumps arise.
In the absence of proper treatment, the ulcers will smite all the sides of the face, occur on the scalp, to the chest. Relatively rare the localization of the back. The whole picture is characterized by strong itching.
Features phymatodes stages:
Note gematoidina stage in women almost never occurs, perhaps due to the influence of female sex hormones.
Particular forms of rosacea
Before learn how to treatment rosacea, consider special forms of the disease that stand out in medical practice:
- Conglobata. On the background of hyperemia in humans appear large globular growths. Most often this pattern manifests itself in patients who take medications containing iodine or bromine;
- Steroid type of pathology occurs in people who a long period of time using creams with hormonal substances for the treatment of any dermatological disease. Medical treatment of rosacea in this case is characterized by a low degree of efficiency;
- The diagnosis of fulminant form of rosacea on the face is primarily for women of young age. Among the factors triggering secrete hormonal imbalance, pregnancy. Pathology occurs quickly, you’ll be rapid progression, leading to disfigurement of the face.
- Edematous type of rosacea of the skin appears as a rare variant of a pathological process. There is a lot of swelling due to fluid and growth of the subcutaneous layer.
Rosacea is a disease that has characteristic clinical features, so diagnosis is often carried out only on the appearance of the patient. Especially if the pathology is at advanced stage and is formed of rosacea on the nose.
Treatment of rosacea
If the patient present with persistent patches of redness, rash and pustules, it’s rosacea. Treatment of rosacea is complex, involves a combination of several drugs that reduce the symptoms, and the use of drugs that target the treatment of co-morbidities. So, how to cure the disease?
The approximate scheme of treatment:
Treatment of rosacea is supplemented by physiotherapeutic manipulation. Vodolechenie helps to get rid of small broken capillaries. If you have large spider veins, prescribe laser removal.
Note: in the home many people use a folk remedy – herbal teas, juices, and extracts of calendula, chamomile pharmacy, succession etc. of herbs. They give a good cosmetic effect subject to regular and prolonged use.
Diet for rosacea and prevention
The question of how to treat rosacea, any medical specialist recommends advanced health food. You need to eat small portions, do not overeat. From the menu exclude preservatives, salt, sausage products, vinegar, red and black pepper and other spices, fatty food. Treatment of rosacea involves the refusal of fruit – oranges, tangerines, pears and grapes.
In the diet make low-fat meat products, which are baked or boiled, steamed. It is permissible to eat boiled fish, eggs (not fried), vegetable oil, cabbage, carrots.
In severe pathological process, the doctor may recommend a five-day fasting:
- On the first day the patient needs to drink 10% solution of magnesium and then to drink only mineral water. Volume up to 1500 ml;
- On the second day only two liters of mineral water;
- On the third day, consume yogurt or fermented baked milk, low-fat, not more than 200 g boiled potato, 20 g of butter;
- On the fourth day, in addition to the products of the third day you can eat 100 grams of meat or fish. Method of cooking – boiling;
- On the fifth day of the diet includes any foods that you can eat for rosacea.
Prevention of such severe pathology of chronic due to the elimination of provoking factors. If a person has light skin, there is a tendency to congestion, it is impossible to expose it to UV, cold and wind. From the diet it is necessary to remove hot and spicy foods.
With the existing rosacea history are advised to periodically visit the beauty parlor to resolve the hypertrophied blood vessels. Practice shows, if after treatment to observe all preventive measures, such visits occur no more than once in 2-3 years.