Psoriasis — how to treat at home folk remedies
Psoriasis treatment at home folk methods
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease, prone to relapses and remissions. The main symptom of pathology is local eruptions on the skin that have a reddish color and scaly surface. In some particularly severe cases, the pathology affects the lymphatic system, muscles and skeleton. It is therefore important holistic treatment of psoriasis at home along with drug therapy. In the methods and means of traditional medicine against psoriasis are described below.
- Folk methods of treatment of psoriasis
- The basic principles of home treatment
- Herbs in the treatment of depriving flake (psoriasis)
- Essential oils and vegetable oils in the treatment of skin problems
- The sun
- Therapeutic baths for psoriasis
- Prevention of exacerbations
Folk methods of treatment of psoriasis
In order to properly treat psoriasis folk remedies along with drug therapy, it is necessary to understand that work on the body and the body needs to be versatile. Homemade treatment of psoriasis include a range of activities aimed at improving the patient’s condition and achieve remission. In particular, the patient can apply to himself such methods of home treatment of psoriasis on the hands, feet, body and scalp:
- The use of therapeutic baths;
- The use of oils in therapy;
- Sun or UV therapy;
Important: it is advisable to use a folk remedy for treating psoriasis holistically and in consultation with the doctor.
The basic principles of home treatment
Before you start the treatment of psoriasis folk remedies, it should also be clarified and the basic principles of this therapy. They are as follows:
- To constantly maintain optimum hydration of the affected skin;
- In the discharge of crusts carefully remove them without touching the living space of the skin;
- To comply with the schedule of herbal or sunbathing;
- Do not use two or more hormonal ointments (creams). The same applies to antihistamines;
- To avoid injuries to the affected skin;
- In the treatment of psoriasis on the head, treat the skin and not the hair;
- Watch out for new techniques and methods for the treatment of psoriasis in Russia, Europe and the world;
- Periodically visit your doctor for approval of therapeutic tactics.
Important: if psoriasis (psoriasis) struck the child, then the constant consultation of the expert is simply necessary.
Herbs in the treatment of depriving flake (psoriasis)
Folk remedy for psoriasis is varied, however the most effective are all the same herbs. It looks like the national psoriasis treatment with herbs:
- The celandine. Baths for the affected nail with the use of the celandine, succession, sweet flag, Hypericum, elecampane or nettle. Bath doing twice a day to visible improvement.
- Golden mustache. The leaf juice of this plant rubbed into the scalp lesions with psoriasis. Held for 5-10 minutes and then wash the head. Finally rinse hair decoction of the same plant.
- Branches of wild rose. They make the ash by incineration of the branches. Then, the resulting ash mixed with vaseline in the ratio 1:1 and RUB into the affected skin.
- Elder. The plant in the amount of 2 teaspoon pour 5 liters of boiling water and insist. Drink this infusion three times a day for 0.5 cups until it’s over.
Important: If the patient’s condition can be described as average, in comparison to the treatment of psoriasis folk remedies from herbs can be taken internally, a decoction or tincture of Valerian or motherwort to calm the skin from within.
Essential oils and vegetable oils in the treatment of skin problems
Another effective folk remedy for psoriasis — the use of oil. Their composition allows a positive impact on the inflamed and affected skin. In particular use oils:
- Olive. This oil is a good source of polyphenols and vitamin E, responsible for skin regeneration. Therefore, olive oil is applied on affected skin twice a day — morning and evening. It is also shown to taken on an empty stomach a tablespoon of olive oil in the morning or to refuel their salads.
- Linen. The main components of this oil are vitamins A, E and unsaturated fatty acids. Flax oil can also be treated areas of the skin affected by psoriasis to take remedy inside the morning on an empty stomach.
- Burdock. Used specifically for psoriasis of the head. Oil treat the scalp and put on night film. All covered with a scarf and leave until morning. After 2-3 such procedures improvements will be evident.
- Sea buckthorn. The most effective remedy for scaly lichen. This oil to treat the skin twice a day. The tool is well heals wounds and restores damaged skin. While sea buckthorn oil can be taken internally. The first 10 days of a tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach. Then a teaspoon in the morning for six months.
- Egg. This oil is prepared independently of yolks of cooked eggs. The yolks are crushed and roasted on a dry pan until the appearance of reddish liquid is egg oil. The liquid is poured into a separate dish and treated them psoriasis 1 time a day. The results will not keep itself waiting.
- The tea tree oil. It is used in tandem with the usual body lotion without fragrances and flavors. A few drops of oil added to a portion of the lotion and smeared them manifestations of psoriasis on the body.
- Black cumin oil. This means not only can you treat the wounds on the outside, but also to strengthen the body from within. Just a teaspoon of oil in the morning on an empty stomach will help to restore the skin.
- Coconut oil. Perfectly separates the scales affected skin and it leaves on the body a pleasant aroma.
Important: you should know that psoriasis is not contagious and is not transmitted even by close contact. At the same time to cure the disease completely is almost impossible. You can only put the disease in remission is stable.
To use UV radiation as traditional recipes from psoriasis is not for all patients. Those patients were experiencing a worsening of the disease in summer should not be exposed to the sun or Solarium. If the pathology is exacerbated in the winter, in this case UV therapy helps to restore the skin to heal the wound. But it is worth remembering that sunbathing for psoriasis should discuss with your doctor.
Important: UV therapy is contraindicated in psoriasis patients, as well as in the case of use in the treatment of diseases of lotions and creams with psoralenam or tar in their composition.
Therapeutic baths for psoriasis
If the reader is trying to figure out how to cure psoriasis at home, note should be taken and the effectiveness of the warm herbal and other baths. In particular in warm water psoriasis you can add the following components:
- Sea salt. These baths work for recovery and regeneration of the skin. Take baths with sea salt should be no more than 2 times a week. The water should be no higher than 38 degrees. After 7 treatments is a noticeable effect. And the full course of treatment is 1.5-2 months. 100 liters of water you must add at least 1 kg of salt. If you don’t know how to get rid of psoriasis on legs, you can just make a foot bath with sea salt.
- Soda. 100 liters of water add half a pack of baking soda and mix it thoroughly. The patient needs to be completely immersed in the bath. After 15-20 minutes the patient’s skin gently patting dry with a soft towel and moisturize with olive oil. When taking these baths perhaps the increased peeling of the skin. This is normal as the process of skin regeneration.
- Turpentine. Ready turpentine mixture called «turpentine baths zalmanova» you can buy in the pharmacy. The medium is poured into a bath with water temperature in it is 36 degrees. The patient needs to treat the anus, genitals and open wounds on the body with vaseline, and only then dive into the water. After 15 minutes, the temperature of the bath was raised to 40 degrees and are in it for another 5 minutes. After that, rinse the skin and go under the blanket for 2 hours.
- Radon. Radon water to pour into the tub and immerse yourself in it for 15-20 minutes.
Important: this procedure has a number of critical contraindications. Therefore, expert advice is desired and its approval before taking bath.
- Starch. And you can use both rice and potato starch. Powder in the amount of 100 grams. you should dissolve it with water and then pour in accumulated water into the tub. The patient is immersed in it for 15 minutes. You should know that psoriasis is a folk treatment which with starch is often used, it will go faster if the skin after a bath do not wash, only wipe dry and moisturize with oil or lotion.
- Needles. Can be used as a decoction of the buds and twigs of the conifer and pine extract, purchased at a pharmacy. The finished medication is poured into the tub and immerse patient up there for 15-20 minutes. Needles well enhances the body’s defenses and reduces inflammation of the skin. This method is good for those who do not know how to treat psoriasis at home.
In the study of folk remedies for the treatment of psoriasis should take into account that the disease must face and the inside. And not only antihistamines or sedatives. It is also necessary to adhere to a certain diet, which will maintain certain principles.
The exception to the menu:
- Chocolate and confectionery products with dyes;
- Red berries and vegetables.
- Chicken eggs;
- Spicy food and spices;
- Red meat;
- Of carbonated beverages.
In the diet should prevail:
- Porridge on the water;
- Dairy products;
- Plant foods;
- Fish and meat low-fat varieties;
- Boiled or steamed vegetables.
Prevention of exacerbations
If to cure psoriasis at home folk methods, it is necessary to take some measures to consolidate the result. That is to carry out a number of recommendations aimed at prevention of exacerbations of the disease. In particular, patients with psoriasis are recommended:
- To protect the skin from the strong friction and damage;
- To avoid prolonged stay under the sun;
- To take care of constant hydration of the skin with the usual cosmetic products;
- Avoid contact with aggressive products for cleaning the home (chemicals, detergents and cleaning products, etc.);
- Instead of a bath to use the shower;
- When taking a bath add herbs;
- Avoid forcible removal of peeling skin flakes;
- To humidify the air in the room;
- To protect themselves from severe stress and mental turmoil.
Remember! Psoriasis is a disease that responds to the complex precipitating factors. Therefore, you need to treat it from different sides. Traditional medicine offers, though not quickly, but reliably cope with the disease, transferring it to the stage of prolonged remission. And as far as possible to save the result depends on the patient.