Prednisone tablets — usage instructions
Pills prednisone allergies: instructions for use
In severe forms of allergic reactions among antihistamines are indispensable. Treatment requires «heavy artillery» in the form of medicines that contain hormonal components. To Prednisolone tablets instructions for use States that the tool is useful for therapy of allergic diseases. They benefit from food and drug allergies, when the contact and the form of atopic dermatitis, angioneurotic edema. Consider, what is Prednisolone and what to replace hormone preparation.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Method of application and doses
- Side effects
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
The product is manufactured in the form of a solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration, in the form of tablets, prednisolone ointment, eye drops. The cure refers to corticosteroids of low activity. Valid to use for a long time.
Important: Prednisone helps prevent allergic reactions (in a situation when an Allergy has already been observed, it stops the progression and symptoms), inhibits the activity of the immune system, eliminates inflammation, provides anti-shock effect.
So, Prednisolone, what is that drug? The facility has an extensive list of indications for use. Its principle of action is due to the ability to influence certain intracellular receptors, located in all the soft tissues in the body, but most of them in the liver.
Due to medicinal reaction are formed by inducing proteins that regulate vital chemical and biochemical processes in the body. The medication works at all stages of the inflammatory processes.
The immunosuppressive property is based on the ability of the drug to lead to the evolution of the lymphoid tissues, on the inhibition of proliferation of lymphocytes, migration of beta-cells, which in result lowers the concentration of antibodies.
Relief of allergic reactions is based on decreasing the production of mediators of Allergy, reducing the amount circulating in the body basophilic leukocytes. Simultaneously stopping the release of histamine, inhibiting the development of lymphoid and connective tissue, reduces the number of fat cells.
What the drug Prednisone in the form of ointment? Cream for external application relieves inflammation, blocks the progression of allergic reactions, reduces the severity of itching and burning. Also contributing to the decrease in the allocation of exudate, inhibits the activity of immunity in respect of sensitivity reactions 3-4 type.
Instructions for use and composition
Many patients are interested in, Prednisone and hormonal medication or not? Medication hormonal, method of production allow be applied locally (cream) and systemic (pills). The medication is digidrirovanny form hydrocortisone – a hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex.
What is used, what medication helps? The appropriate use for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Allergic reactions of any nature. In this category include food and drug allergies, toxicodermia, serum disease, atopic and contact dermatitis, pollinosis, allergic forms of rhinitis, urticaria, angioneurotic edema;
- Nephrotic syndrome, swelling of the brain, hepatitis, autoimmune disorders;
- Inflammatory processes in the body at various sites granulosa form of thyroiditis;
- Eye diseases, including autoimmune and allergic diseases. For example, an allergic ulcerative keratitis, allergic conjunctivitis.
Should know Prednisone injections used as emergency aid, for example, during an acute attack of food allergic reaction or angioedema. After 2-3 days of injections the patient is taken to the medicine in tablets.
Ointment Prednisolone is prescribed for the treatment limited neurodermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, urticaria, diskoidna lupus erythematosus, dermatitis – contact, atopic and allergic.
Prednisone tablets has the following contraindications:
Prednisolone in ampoules patients on the background of infectious diseases is prescribed only in terms of specific treatment, solely under the supervision of the attending doctor. The cream is not used if the patient has a fungal infection, bacterial or viral skin lesions, clinical manifestations of syphilis, malignant neoplasms. Not during pregnancy.
Method of application and doses
Prednisone for injection is administered intramuscularly or intravenously. Dosage and route of administration are selected on an individual basis. Take into account the type of pathology, severity of the condition of the patient, localization of the inflammatory focus.
Note, in severe allergic reactions that threaten the patient’s life, practiced pulse therapy. This treatment involves the use of ultrahigh dosages of medicines short course. About 3-5 days is drip infusion, administered 1-2 g. the Duration of manipulation 30-60 minutes.
How to take Prednisone tablets? Method of application the following:
- Doses selected depending on the type of Allergy present to the clinic. The average daily dose for adults is 20-30 mg;
- As a supporting therapy it is necessary to take 5-10 mg a day;
- Child start giving the medication with 1-2 mg per kg of body weight per day divided into 4-6 applications, as a maintenance treatment, 0.3-0.6 mg per kg per day.
Prednisolone children’s writing only medical specialist. Remedy hormonal, it is necessary to strictly follow all dosage. With the development of side effects immediately contact the doctor.
Ointment prednisone – tool for outdoor use. Applied to the affected area of the skin with a thin layer 1-3 times daily. To increase the effect on the pockets you can apply an occlusive dressing.
What is the Prednisone, of course. The tool is well to cope with allergic reactions, as evidenced by numerous reviews. However, the drug leads to the development of side effects. When Prednisone injections used in the treatment of allergies, the side effects usually occur very rarely. The use of tablets has a larger list of negative effects.
Fact: one of the consequences of taking Prednisone – withdrawal syndrome. Its severity is due to the state of the adrenal cortex. In mild cases after cessation of therapy, patients complain of malaise, lethargy, muscle pain, exacerbation of underlying disease. In serious paintings are able to develop addisonicescom crisis, accompanied by a convulsive state, collapse, repeated vomiting. If you do not apply the medicine – death due to acute cardiovascular failure.
Pills can provoke the following pathological States:
The gel provokes prednisone side effects – burning, itching, redness, irritation of the skin. Can occur steroid acne, purpura. With continued use to develop a systemic reaction infection of skin secondary character, atrophic changes.
Analogues of the drug
An analogue of the drug in the ampoule is Medopred, Prednesol, Prednisolone Nycomed, Prednisone Bufus. These drugs have the similar composition, indications, contraindications. Analogue ointment gel Hydrocortisone.
Analogs of Prednisolone in tablets:
- Dexamethasone is a hormonal drug, has anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, immunosuppressive, antitoxic action. Allergy injections combined with the use of tablets. The treatment is carried out in stationary conditions. Sold by prescription;
- Medrol. Pharmaceutical form – tablets with different doses of active component with biological activity. With caution is prescribed for ulcerative disease of the stomach, diabetes, osteoporosis, hypertension. Composed of hormonal substances. A lot of side effects. Children appoint depending on the body weight. Not in pregnancy, lactation;
- Dexazon – anti-allergic hormonal agent, refers to corticosteroids, appears to be a derivative of Prednisolone. If you are allergic reduces inflammation, relieves negative symptoms and promotes rapid recovery of the patient. The average daily dose varies from 2 to 6 mg, the maximum dose in 24 hours is 15 mg.
Alternative ointments is the cream is Betamethasone. It has antiallergic, anti-inflammatory and antipruritic properties. It is advisable to use for eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, photodermatitis etc. pathological conditions that have cutaneous manifestations. The average duration of therapy varies from 1 to 2 weeks. When allergies arose on the face, the treatment is not more than 5 days.
Prednisone is a hormonal drug that is recommended to patients solely on strict conditions. During the application of drugs need to follow a diet – to exclude high-calorie foods with a high concentration of fat and carbohydrates. Consumption of fatty and high-calorie foods leads to an increase in blood sugar and rapid weight gain.